ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Fin Costello with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Slick sues Kantner Return to archive
24th March 2007 04:05 AM
Ten Thousand Motels SLICK SUES STARSHIP BANDMATE OVER NAME USE

Rocker GRACE SLICK is suing former bandmate PAUL KANTNER, alleging he's touring under the name JEFFERSON STARSHIP without her permission. Slick and the group's former manager BILL THOMPSON insist Kantner is violating trademark rights and a 1985 legal settlement he signed by performing as Jefferson Starship. They claim, under the terms of the settlement, Kantner agreed never to use the names `Jefferson' or `Airplane' without consent from Slick, the majority shareholder in Jefferson Starship Inc. Thompson tells Billboard.com the only reason Kantner hasn't been sued by himself and the WHITE RABBIT singer for continuing to tour under variations of the names is because they're "Good Samaritans."

The manager says, "(Him) playing small fairs didn't irritate us so much." Thompson explains Kantner upset himself and Slick earlier this year (07) when he agreed to let Microsoft Corp. use the Starship name to promote a new product. The new suit claims Kantner has cost Thompson, Slick and Jefferson Starship Inc. more than $750,000 (GBP384,600) in revenue from using a name not rightfully his. The suit seeks to confiscate his profits and stop him from performing as Jefferson Starship.

24/03/2007 01:22
contactmusic.com
24th March 2007 11:48 AM
UGot2Rollme wench

let him play the tunes he's famous for under the name his is famous for

he's hardly bringing in the big bucks

but worth seeing if you get the chance, especially for the pipes and looks of the woman (Diane Mangano) who is singing Grace's parts
24th March 2007 01:36 PM
mojoman its a sad ending for such a great band. just picked up a copy of the last airplane show from winterland 72 although past their peak it still has its moments. the 89 re-union was fairly good if i remember. to bad they cant get their shit together to tour as the full unit well except for skip.
25th March 2007 04:00 AM
pdog Grace Sluck's drunken meltdown in Germany is fucking hysterical.
If you haven't seen it, just imagine Grace yelling at the crowd about WWII...
Nothing I could find on youtube...
25th March 2007 04:28 AM
TampabayStone I knew a cool hairdo did not make her cool!
25th March 2007 09:33 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I still love her. I'm sure Kantner does too....but jeezuz!!!
25th March 2007 09:57 AM
fireontheplatter i would like somebody to love.
25th March 2007 10:01 AM
mojoman
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i would like somebody to love.

greasy heart
25th March 2007 10:07 AM
Ten Thousand Motels This thread needs a pic or two, or three.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
25th March 2007 05:04 PM
glencar At this point in their lives, Grace Slick suing Paul Kantner is akin to a Yugo "ramming" a Subaru Justy. No one cares a whit.
25th March 2007 06:43 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
Grace Sluck's drunken meltdown in Germany is fucking hysterical.
If you haven't seen it, just imagine Grace yelling at the crowd about WWII...
Nothing I could find on youtube...

Yes , I remember seeing that Pdoggy on one of those VH1 Specials or something ................

" We Won the War " !!!!!!!!

Funny !

Jerscee'
25th March 2007 06:53 PM
mojoman
quote:
Joey wrote:

" We Won the War " !!!!!!!!

Jerscee'

drunken lips sink wooden ships?
25th March 2007 08:16 PM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:

drunken lips sink wooden ships?

Great Postin' mojo .......

Baby Joe !
25th March 2007 08:18 PM
glencar
quote:
glencar wrote:
At this point in their lives, Grace Slick suing Paul Kantner is akin to a Yugo "ramming" a Subaru Justy. No one cares a whit.

What is the above - chopped liver?
25th March 2007 09:13 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
glencar wrote:
What is the above - chopped liver?

I salute you!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)