ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Fin Costello with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick's Interview/Tour Announcement Today Return to archive
22nd March 2007 10:25 PM
tumbled I just watched this video from rs.com and my impression is that Mick is still in grief for his dad and of course he is, I mean, you don't just snap get over such an important person in your family and I am sad that he has to do all this without support from other members of the band and I think he needs some hugs..i think he lost a good friend.
the grief is still there.

As someone who lost someone recently I see this pain. I really think Mick should somehow talk out the feelings its bottled up. maybe I am projecting. I see disappointment in his demeanor. I hope people can give him a shoulder as a friend.... is it that lonely at the top??? it must be.

the sparkle in the eye is not there..
[Edited by tumbled]
22nd March 2007 10:38 PM
Jethrostone I feel so sorry for Mick. My father died in 2001. He's really lucky that he knew his father for that long.
23rd March 2007 04:28 AM
Angiegirl Yeah, projection. The sparkle is not there indeed.

That's because it's a tired routine he has to go through this summer. The fact that he was sitting there, disinterested, anwering the same old questions in the same old autopilot way, without any of the other disinterested bandmates, has to do with the lack of excitement of this announcement.

Hell, I wouldn't have any sparkle in my eye in his place, and I didn't just loose someone.

I'm sure some club shows with 50 euro tickets would make the sparkle return to his eyes. To mine too for that matter.
23rd March 2007 07:20 AM
gotdablouse Yeah...well he's only got himself to blame for playing in 80,000 f*** seat stadiums instead of Clubs, as Gazza often points out, the buck stops with Mick (and Keith I guess). It's not like he's being forced to play these ridiculous shows, so I'm not going to feel sorry for him and I won't be attending any of these shows either.
23rd March 2007 10:29 AM
fireontheplatter i suggest you watch it again..this time with a critical eye..there is sparkle, you just missed it.
i am surprised at the number of shows they are doing, i thought they would just do the make up shows from last year.
i hope they pull off this round of shows with flying colors...

bless mick and the stones.
23rd March 2007 11:01 AM
glencar As the others diagnosed, I agree that it's just projection.
23rd March 2007 04:35 PM
fireontheplatter he does seem a bit in sorts....
23rd March 2007 07:18 PM
Poplar
not sure about his mental well-being...
but he looked great. i'd kill to look like that at 60+
23rd March 2007 11:10 PM
ExileInLA mick is a son of a bitch and i'll tell you why. i watched that YouTube interview that was posted on this site feom 1972. even THEN he was complaining about doing "different" things and not being just being this band that is based on Chuck Berry. that ass hole has been bored for 30+ years and doing all this touring for the $$$ and that's it. the guy doesn't even like exile on main street. i agree with him that the mixes are sloppy, but that adds to the character of the record. all he wants to do are fucking dance records and that's fine, but if you're gonna be in the rolling stones, at least WANT to be there. he couldn't ever do that fucking lame ass solo records if it weren't for exile and sticky and all the other records that he feels he may have been mailing it in. this stones thing is tired now and should be put to bed. none of them want to do the tour and maybe it's fitting that the last show is in London. end it where it all started.
23rd March 2007 11:24 PM
tumbled I think he is bored.. who wouldn't be?

still the eye twinkle is missing and I think he and the old man were good friends maybe the old man was the one that knew him best and he is a sensitive bloke. That's my take on things and I am stickin to it.

kins... he'll be okay once he get back to stage...

love is in the air..... life is good above ground..

have fun kids
23rd March 2007 11:31 PM
LadyJane The twinkle is there. Mick is a great interview. IMHO

AS for me........as long as "the company" is The Rolling Stones....Mick is the "company man"...and new dates for shows are being announced...damn.......bless them.

Have a blast, EVERYONE! you won't regret making the trip to see them.

LJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]
24th March 2007 12:08 AM
tumbled you saw the twinkle?? maybe I oughta watch it again....

I see irritation and unrest...maybe I'm not looking at it right...

actually LJ you are right. England winning the World Cup brought a sparkle.!!! mea culpa..
[Edited by tumbled]
[Edited by tumbled]
24th March 2007 12:10 AM
LadyJane
quote:
tumbled wrote:
you saw the twinkle?? maybe I oughta watch it again....

i did...

it's still there...it really is.

he's uneasy at first, but once he's comfortable..yep

LJ
24th March 2007 12:18 AM
tumbled hey there....I found the sparkle it was related to the world cup....obviously a projection on my part, my apologies...

24th March 2007 12:26 AM
LadyJane
quote:
tumbled wrote:

actually LJ you are right. England winning the World Cup brought a sparkle.!!! mea culpa..
[Edited by tumbled]
[Edited by tumbled]

thanks tumbled.
nice to finally meet you, fellow RO chick.

LJ.
24th March 2007 09:51 AM
fireontheplatter
quote:
ExileInLA wrote:
mick is a son of a bitch and i'll tell you why. i watched that YouTube interview that was posted on this site feom 1972. even THEN he was complaining about doing "different" things and not being just being this band that is based on Chuck Berry. that ass hole has been bored for 30+ years and doing all this touring for the $$$ and that's it. the guy doesn't even like exile on main street. i agree with him that the mixes are sloppy, but that adds to the character of the record. all he wants to do are fucking dance records and that's fine, but if you're gonna be in the rolling stones, at least WANT to be there. he couldn't ever do that fucking lame ass solo records if it weren't for exile and sticky and all the other records that he feels he may have been mailing it in. this stones thing is tired now and should be put to bed. none of them want to do the tour and maybe it's fitting that the last show is in London. end it where it all started.

ahhh excuse me...mick jagger is not an ass hole ok.
have you been to a bigger bang show from this tour? i have been to 3 and although it is hard for me to tell a good show from a not so good show, it is a fantastic experience.
he may be in it 'more' for the money at this point, but that shouldn't give you a reason to run around and call him names. he and the others are making bank, but who gives a shit. when they hit the stage thay pack punch for 2 hours straight...a great stage and fireworks, awesome sound and video screen.
do yourself a favor..stop bellyaching and go see a show and enjoy it while it lasts. things just may be winding down for these guys, but for gods sake find some support for them.

to be continued...................
24th March 2007 12:56 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:although it is hard for me to tell a good show from a not so good show, it is a fantastic experience.

he and the others are making bank, but who gives a shit. when they hit the stage thay pack punch for 2 hours straight...a great stage and fireworks, awesome sound and video screen.

Disagree. Nice to see you at least enjoyed it, but I was feeling bored and disappointed, let down again. It was like a Seinfeld re-re-re-rerun for me. I don't give a crap about any form of stage or well-done videoscreen animations. These things are not the Stones, not made by the Stones either. And awesome sound? Maybe in some places, but generally speaking when you do a monster stadium tour, the sound will be awefully bad for the majority of visitors. And so it was. They themselves screwed up at least half the songs, and the uninspiredness and autopilot-mode of them all made me cringe and made me angry.

It made me sad also, being such a fan of the big Stones picture, having grown up with it, being a large part of me. That's why it gets to me so much seeing the freakshow nowadays they call Bigger Bang.

I guess I'm not alone in this, seeing as there are still the maximum 12 tickets per person available for the Dutch show, 8 hours after public presales started this morning...
24th March 2007 01:01 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
ahhh excuse me...mick jagger is not an ass hole ok.

BTW, I agree with your first statement. He's not an asshole. At least he was there. He may have hated it, he may have been bored doing it, but he did it nonetheless.

His mates didn't bother. Isn't Keith always yammering that he's only alive when he's playing with the band? That he doesn't ever want to stop doing it? So where was he? And Ronnie's excuse better be being in rehab.

Mick may be coming off as being the reluctant one when it comes to touring, but at least he showed.
24th March 2007 01:25 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Disagree. Nice to see you at least enjoyed it, but I was feeling bored and disappointed, let down again. It was like a Seinfeld re-re-re-rerun for me. I don't give a crap about any form of stage or well-done videoscreen animations. These things are not the Stones, not made by the Stones either. And awesome sound? Maybe in some places, but generally speaking when you do a monster stadium tour, the sound will be awefully bad for the majority of visitors. And so it was. They themselves screwed up at least half the songs, and the uninspiredness and autopilot-mode of them all made me cringe and made me angry.

It made me sad also, being such a fan of the big Stones picture, having grown up with it, being a large part of me. That's why it gets to me so much seeing the freakshow nowadays they call Bigger Bang.

I guess I'm not alone in this, seeing as there are still the maximum 12 tickets per person available for the Dutch show, 8 hours after public presales started this morning...

NO SOUP FOR YOU
24th March 2007 01:27 PM
Angiegirl Agreed. Spring is in the air. No soup-weather at all.
24th March 2007 01:39 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Agreed. Spring is in the air. No soup-weather at all.

good answer.

if i may ask...what show did you see where the sound wasn't so good?
24th March 2007 01:53 PM
Angiegirl Amsterdam ArenA, July last year. The ArenA is cursed and infamous for its bad sound, no matter which artist plays there though.

But in the years before that I saw plenty of Stones shows with equally bad sound, in the Netherlands and abroad. I didn't like the sound at Stade in Paris, and in Munich (Olympiahalle '03) it wasn't very good either.
24th March 2007 02:03 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Amsterdam ArenA, July last year. The ArenA is cursed and infamous for its bad sound, no matter which artist plays there though.

But in the years before that I saw plenty of Stones shows with equally bad sound, in the Netherlands and abroad. I didn't like the sound at Stade in Paris, and in Munich (Olympiahalle '03) it wasn't very good either.

tip.....

it sounds better if you drink a bit before a show.
24th March 2007 03:16 PM
Angiegirl , best advice ever!
24th March 2007 04:17 PM
Joey
quote:
tumbled wrote:

Maybe you should bring back that " Kitty " avatar of yours ....... THAT should set things RIGHT again .

BEST STONES YET !!!!!!

This European Tour will ROCK

Joey ! : The Absolute of Post
24th March 2007 04:25 PM
The Wick How people can read him still grieving based on that press conference god only knows.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)