ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Fin Costello with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick talks about how critical reception of new Stones albums Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
23rd March 2007 03:33 PM
glencar
quote:
Dan wrote:

Have you met Jaxx?

I have. Very nice...for a breeder!
23rd March 2007 03:34 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Have you met Jaxx?

Yes...we met in NYC with Gazza....I think I started an appreciation thread for her when I got home. She is very nice, charming, and a huge Dead fan!!! She loves the Dead!!!
23rd March 2007 03:36 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Yes...we met in NYC with Gazza....I think I started an appreciation thread for her when I got home. She is very nice, charming, and a huge Dead fan!!! She loves the Dead!!!

I love the dead before they're cold
Their bluing flesh for me to hold
Cadaver eyes upon me see nothing
I love the dead before they rise
No farewells, no goodbyes
I never knew your rotting face
While friends and lovers mourn your silly grave
I have other uses for you, Darling
We love the dead
We love the dead, Yeah
23rd March 2007 03:42 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

I love the dead before they're cold
Their bluing flesh for me to hold
Cadaver eyes upon me see nothing
I love the dead before they rise
No farewells, no goodbyes
I never knew your rotting face
While friends and lovers mourn your silly grave
I have other uses for you, Darling
We love the dead
We love the dead, Yeah

Maybe you should start an appreciation thread?
24th March 2007 10:16 AM
JumpingKentFlash It's true what Mick says: Sometimes when you go back you have a different feeling with the album than you did when you first got it. It happened to me during VL, B2B and ABB. I just don't agree that it gets worse. All the last three albums have become better. Voodoo Lounge in particular. It's been in my top 5 for years now. ABB is going through the same changes for me. It just gets better. B2B has been very different and I regard it as the Black And Blue of the 90s. Still very good.
24th March 2007 01:18 PM
Soldatti VL is way better than ABB, it has better songs, better lyrics and good guitar work.
I'll rank VL and B2B over ABB any day.
24th March 2007 02:40 PM
glencar
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
VL is way better than ABB, it has better songs, better lyrics and good guitar work.
I'll rank VL and B2B over ABB any day.

Everyone has an opinion. That doesn't translate into fact, mind you.
24th March 2007 03:18 PM
Soldatti
quote:
glencar wrote:
Everyone has an opinion. That doesn't translate into fact, mind you.

Look at the sales and reception for both albums, VL sold over 2 million in US (ABB barely 500k) and almost 6 million worldwide (ABB 2.5m). VL had 4 UK top 40 singles and two US Hot 100 singles (Out Of Tears remained 15 weeks, the most weeks for a Stones single since Start Me Up), in the tours following VL the band played 6 songs from the album in concert, I want to see how many songs from ABB will be played on concert this year (the average was 1-2 or zero recently)
[Edited by Soldatti]
24th March 2007 08:39 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Look at the sales and reception for both albums, VL sold over 2 million in US (ABB barely 500k) and almost 6 million worldwide (ABB 2.5m). VL had 4 UK top 40 singles and two US Hot 100 singles (Out Of Tears remained 15 weeks, the most weeks for a Stones single since Start Me Up), in the tours following VL the band played 6 songs from the album in concert, I want to see how many songs from ABB will be played on concert this year (the average was 1-2 or zero recently)
[Edited by Soldatti]

Sales and public reception are not insignificant, but the numbers you cite hardly settle the matter of which album is "better" than another. Every Stones album from 1971 to '81 debuted at No. 1 in the U.S. Yet, is "Emotional Rescue" better than VL or B2B? There's an awful lot of crappy music out there that's awfully popular. I would think it's an elementary fact around here that just because people buy something doesn't mean it's any good.

So ... Glencar's right. We're still in the realm of opinion.
25th March 2007 07:08 AM
glencar Thank you, Mel Belli! BTW LOVED you in the new Zodiac movie!
25th March 2007 10:47 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
glencar wrote:
Thank you, Mel Belli! BTW LOVED you in the new Zodiac movie!

You never know where I'm gonna turn up!
25th March 2007 01:17 PM
Sir Stonesalot >We are clearly more able to deal with stress and crisis than 99.9% here<

I guess I'm the 0.1% then.

Try doing what I do one time...and then talk to me about stress and crisis.

911, what is the address of your emergency?
25th March 2007 01:40 PM
glencar Um, you did get credit in that conversation. Scroll down a few posts...
25th March 2007 03:10 PM
pdog I love emergency.
26th March 2007 09:33 AM
Sir Stonesalot >I love emergency.<

That was a GREAT TV show!

I got to meet Johnny Gage(actor Randolph Mantooth)last year. He actually ran some calls with our ambulance company. A very nice dude.

One of the Squad 51 vehicles used during filming is in the Smithsonian American History Museum.

I used to run home from school to catch Emergency and Adam-12. I loved those shows. They gotta be out on DVD now, no?
26th March 2007 11:44 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Yet, is "Emotional Rescue" better than VL or B2B?

by a longshot, Hoss.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)