ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Fin Costello with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick talks about how critical reception of new Stones albums Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
22nd March 2007 09:36 PM
Mel Belli No, it's not from today's press conference, but I think still worth sharing. It's from a Voodoo Lounge-era interview, and Mick, very candidly, says what a lot of folks around here think: that latter-day Stones albums typically get an enthusiastic reaction at first. And then ... well listen:

23rd March 2007 10:27 AM
Saint Sway Dear Mick,

Write better songs and people will listen to them and love them.

Until then, please play Dead Flowers, Live With Me, Bitch, Sympathy, Respectable and Monkey Man every night.

sincerely

Your biggest fan
23rd March 2007 10:29 AM
glencar Except for VL, I like/almost love most of the recent releases.
23rd March 2007 10:31 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Except for VL, I like/almost love most of the recent releases.

VL was better than any other post SW's release....B2b was painfully bad and ABB a big disappointment..
23rd March 2007 10:33 AM
glencar We'll have to agree to disagree...
23rd March 2007 10:38 AM
glencar I've learned to do just that as I've gotten older. I used to jump into the fray at the drop of a hat but now I wisely stand off & consider whether it's even worth it & quite frankly, the answer is usually no.
23rd March 2007 10:40 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I've learned to do just that as I've gotten older. I used to jump into the fray at the drop of a hat but now I wisely stand off & consider whether it's even worth it & quite frankly, the answer is usually no.

eXactly...at the end of the day, take satisfaction in knowing your pay check is a lot bigger than most....the fact we earn so well is a credit to out intelligence and ability to avoid the pitfalls that most fall into ...we are the ones who make this country great...
23rd March 2007 10:41 AM
BILL PERKS VL ROCKS,LISTENING AS I TYPE
23rd March 2007 10:44 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

eXactly...at the end of the day, take satisfaction in knowing your pay check is a lot bigger than most....the fact we earn so well is a credit to out intelligence and ability to avoid the pitfalls that most fall into ...we are the ones who make this country great...

jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I've learned to do just that as I've gotten older. I used to jump into the fray at the drop of a hat but now I wisely stand off & consider whether it's even worth it & quite frankly, the answer is usually no.

I have a new medical malpractice case which is a slam dunk winner...putting both doctors and hospital on notice as we speak.....I would conservativley estimate the case at 250k..
glencar
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
VL ROCKS,LISTENING AS I TYPE

You're still on Love Is Strong, no?
23rd March 2007 10:45 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

I have a new medical malpractice case which is a slam dunk winner...putting both doctors and hospital on notice as we speak.....I would conservativley estimate the case at 250k..

Doctors screw up an awful lot.
23rd March 2007 10:45 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:

Not only do we care, our professions ensure the safety and welfare of our fellow citizens...we are better than most b/c we contribute and give back to our country...I believe we are probably the most important people posting here....(?)
23rd March 2007 10:46 AM
Saint Sway at the end of the day, I take comfort in knowing that I dont have to brag about my income on the internet. And rest easy knowing that I would never get stuck on a bus outside a crappy hotel in Philly.
23rd March 2007 10:47 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Doctors screw up an awful lot.

I beg you..do not, ever, have surgery unless absolutely necessary. Also, hire a private nurse while in hospital and avoid being admitted on weekends!!! They will kill you if left unchecked!!!
23rd March 2007 10:47 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

Not only do we care, our professions ensure the safety and welfare of our fellow citizens...we are better than most b/c we contribute and give back to our country...I believe we are probably the most important people posting here....(?)

Oh Joshy, I view everyone equally. Except for certain anti-American types. I am a patriot.
[Edited by glencar]
23rd March 2007 10:48 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

I beg you..do not, ever, have surgery unless absolutely necessary. Also, hire a private nurse while in hospital and avoid being admitted on weekends!!! They will kill you if left unchecked!!!

I should hire you to go after a certain GP I had who really sucked.
23rd March 2007 10:50 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Oh Joshy, I veiw everyone equally. Except for certain anti-American types. I am a patriot.

You are being too modest...you have a highly stressful job that most here could not do...same for me. We are clearly better than the average "joe' who does his 9-5 and goes home and gets drunk on a 6 pack of miller high life..
23rd March 2007 10:51 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

You are being too modest...you have a highly stressful job that most here could not do...same for me. We are clearly better than the average "joe' who does his 9-5 and goes home and gets drunk on a 6 pack of miller high life..

Stressful, yes. I look forward to my days off. Only 4 years to go & then I retire. Thank the Lord!
23rd March 2007 10:52 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
glencar wrote:
You're still on Love Is Strong, no?

SHARKS WILL CRY,NOTWITHSTANDING

NOW,THE WORST---SUBLIME!
23rd March 2007 10:53 AM
gimmekeef Guys..please end posting here for a minute..while I get my rubber boots on.....its piling up bad in this thread....
23rd March 2007 10:56 AM
glencar
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

SHARKS WILL CRY,NOTWITHSTANDING

NOW,THE WORST---SUBLIME!

Sublime indeed but it doesn't really rock now, does it?
23rd March 2007 11:00 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Stressful, yes. I look forward to my days off. Only 4 years to go & then I retire. Thank the Lord!

We are clearly more able to deal with stress and crisis than 99.9% here....you are to be commended for you service to our country...without you, travel would come to a grinding halt. Likewise, I go after the doctors and big business who trample on the rights of the ordinary man(most who post here). As a trial lawyer, I am able to obtain large monetary verdicts/settlements for those injured by the negligence of others....people often tell me that I have made their life whole again!!!!
23rd March 2007 11:06 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

We are clearly more able to deal with stress and crisis than 99.9% here....

yeah right...

I continue to suffer from flank pain, chronic IBS, benign fasciculation, and other stress related conditions. This includes rectal irritation, burning sensations upon urination, swollen glands, loose skin, and a very painful bile duct. Lately, this stress has caused scalp twitching, which I fear is a symptom of a major, terminal ailment.
23rd March 2007 11:07 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

We are clearly more able to deal with stress and crisis than 99.9% here....you are to be commended for you service to our country...without you, travel would come to a grinding halt. Likewise, I go after the doctors and big business who trample on the rights of the ordinary man(most who post here). As a trial lawyer, I am able to obtain large monetary verdicts/settlements for those injured by the negligence of others....people often tell me that I have made their life whole again!!!!

Those planes don't land themselves & doctors screw up on an hourly basis!
23rd March 2007 11:10 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Those planes don't land themselves & doctors screw up on an hourly basis!

Bingo!!! And while a few attack us, we rise to the top and are always there to help people both financially and with our time....I know I have made the difference in several people's lives by buying them tickets..
23rd March 2007 11:13 AM
glencar I've bought tix for a few people. And hotel rooms. I'm still not sure about Europe this summer although Ireland looks like the only show schedule wise. But I think the idea of travelling there for a show again is starting to discourage me.
23rd March 2007 11:15 AM
BILL PERKS BRAND NEW CAR-SMELLS LIKE CAVIAR!
23rd March 2007 11:15 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I've bought tix for a few people. And hotel rooms. I'm still not sure about Europe this summer although Ireland looks like the only show schedule wise. But I think the idea of travelling there for a show again is starting to discourage me.

As you know, I am very generous ....but more than the $$, it's the quality of time I have given people...the ability to sit down with a fellow fan and steer them in the right direction...there is no price one can place on that!!!
23rd March 2007 11:16 AM
glencar
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
BRAND NEW CAR-SMELLS LIKE CAVIAR!

Fun song but is it anything remotely original/interesting/exciting? No.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)