ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Fin Costello with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones for Slane Castle Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
23rd March 2007 11:50 AM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Its actually compulsory

Latest news regarding this show is that the ticket limit will be 60,000 with (for the first time ever) seating availability in three price levels as well as general admission.

I'm bewildered as how even Cohl can manage to arrange four price levels - 3 of them for seating - in a sloping natural ampitheatre which is, for health and safety reasons, the most ill-suited location on earth for seating , but there you go. You could siphon off part of the castle grounds for seating but thats about it as far as I can see.

I'm annoyed already. I have to email my Irish pals to see if they're going.
23rd March 2007 11:55 AM
Saint Sway I emailed my Ireland friends about this show and they responded that "the Stones are ripping off U2 again"

WTF???
23rd March 2007 11:56 AM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I emailed my Ireland friends about this show and they responded that "the Stones are ripping off U2 again"

WTF???

It's a given.
23rd March 2007 11:56 AM
glencar Stones do better country music than Tim McGraw!
23rd March 2007 11:57 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
It's a given.

am I out of line if I slug them the next time I see them?
23rd March 2007 11:58 AM
glencar Yes, Peace out!
23rd March 2007 12:01 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
glencar wrote:
Gazza, if I fly over on a wing & a prayer, what are the chances of getting tix in Dublin before the event? I'm thinking it might behoove me to buy Aer Lingus plane tix now.

Try Cunny Lingus....better deal all around......
23rd March 2007 12:33 PM
lotsajizz fly to England or the continent and save $$$...ferries to Ireland and it's still not as much as flying into Shannon the summer months....I liked Ireland better before it got 'discovered'

23rd March 2007 12:34 PM
glencar
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
fly to England or the continent and save $$$...ferries to Ireland and it's still not as much as flying into Shannon the summer months....I liked Ireland better before it got 'discovered'

Last year, London was $900. Of course, I bought the ticket a bit closer to the concert date. I will give BA a shout-out/looksee.
23rd March 2007 12:56 PM
Joey " ....I liked Ireland better before it got 'discovered' "

23rd March 2007 12:57 PM
glencar Joey, you hitting any shows?
23rd March 2007 12:58 PM
Joey " Joey, you hitting any shows? "

23rd March 2007 12:59 PM
glencar The answer would be no.
23rd March 2007 03:00 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Last year, London was $900. Of course, I bought the ticket a bit closer to the concert date. I will give BA a shout-out/looksee.

How does all this work when flying to Europe from the US? When we fly anywhere, the basic rule of thumb is the earlier you book, the cheaper the flight.

Do the fares from US to Europe go up and down again every few weeks or something?
23rd March 2007 03:03 PM
glencar Nah, not normally but if you buy too early, it does seem very expensive. I'm not expecting prices this season to go down anytime soon. I know this is shocking coming from me but I was kind of hoping for shows in Spain that weekend instead of Eire. If I hadn't seen them there in '03, I'd feel differently.
23rd March 2007 03:06 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

perhaps I should just start drinking again at lunch

I recommend Sparks.
23rd March 2007 03:08 PM
Dan
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Joey, you hitting any shows? "

Why am I not seeing Qwest Center on the Police schedule? I guess this tour is just too big for Omaha.
23rd March 2007 03:18 PM
gimmekeef Qwest is booked all summer for Van Halen rehearsals.......
23rd March 2007 03:22 PM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Qwest is booked all summer for Van Halen rehearsals.......

I miss SomeGuy...
23rd March 2007 03:28 PM
glencar Is he still waiting in Tampa?
23rd March 2007 03:49 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
jb wrote:

I miss SomeGuy...

Me too jb..is he in rehab?....Or Geezers Gone Wild Spring Break 2007?
23rd March 2007 03:51 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nah, not normally but if you buy too early, it does seem very expensive.

So they DO go down a little, then?
23rd March 2007 03:56 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Gazza, yes...its like voodoo up and down with no ryhme or reason sometimes.Not sure whether they use a formula of seats sold or gas costs or dice rolling...but you never know...Awful risky though booking with discounters if you absolutely have to get somewhere...
23rd March 2007 03:57 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

gAZZA, PLEASE FILL ME IN ON THE INSATIABLY HOT amy winehouse!!!
23rd March 2007 04:20 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Yes, on occasion. I'd rather buy a ticket now so I can make sure I have a seat. It's possible a sale will pop up if they need one but I wouldn't risk it.
23rd March 2007 04:21 PM
erikjjf
23rd March 2007 04:27 PM
Gazza Thanks to thunderball for the link

Looks like there are two prices for standing and two for seating

the Golden Circle area is pretty flat ground, with the rest of the site pretty much all on a steep incline. If youre in the first half of that standing area, though, you should still get a good view of the stage
[Edited by Gazza]
23rd March 2007 04:27 PM
Gazza Great minds think alike, Erik!
23rd March 2007 04:29 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

gAZZA, PLEASE FILL ME IN ON THE INSATIABLY HOT amy winehouse!!!

Shes a pig with lips with more tattoos than you have clients and a capacity for alcohol and cocaine that would give Keith and Ronnie a run for their money, but she has a great voice.
24th March 2007 02:21 PM
glencar I read her single is called "Rehab" which is ironic, I guess.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)