ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Fin Costello with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones for Slane Castle Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
22nd March 2007 04:13 PM
Gazza
quote:
Dan wrote:

Seems they are playing a lot of eastern European countries which I would imagine would have lower ticket prices than western Europe.

..no doubt a few UK shows will help cover for that.

German ticket prices will be between € 81,90 and € 187,90 including charges

Slane will be €86.50 General Admission & €106.50/ €131.50/
€156.50 Seated Tickets including booking fee (I'm at a loss as to how you can have four price levels - and 3 of them seated - for a concert where the audience are standing on a steep HILL. Maybe there are seats for the posers who want to sit up near the castle grounds or something but the VAST majority of that audience will be paying for GA tickets)

Nijmegen is €85 plus costs for the entire field.
[Edited by Gazza]
22nd March 2007 04:18 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

Prays to Elizabeth and John Edwards...and thank god we have taken back congress..the righties are so angry and bitter...They now are big supporters of executive privilege...when they impeached Clinton they pontificated how he was using it to hide the truth...they are the biggest hypocrites...in less than 3 months pf power, we have recaptured our country and subpoenas shall be issued!!!

Cancer can win an election!
22nd March 2007 04:46 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

Prays to Elizabeth and John Edwards...and thank god we have taken back congress..the righties are so angry and bitter...They now are big supporters of executive privilege...when they impeached Clinton they pontificated how he was using it to hide the truth...they are the biggest hypocrites...in less than 3 months pf power, we have recaptured our country and subpoenas shall be issued!!!

Well, she's in my prayers but the situation seems dire. So sad...
22nd March 2007 04:47 PM
glencar
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

I'd go if it was limited to 10,000 people. I'm not a big fan of huge shows outside.

I attended the 2003 shows at the Point Depot in Dublin's Fair City & that experience can't be topped for me. Then again, I was also at the Beacon...
22nd March 2007 05:09 PM
jaymze
quote:
glencar wrote:
I attended the 2003 shows at the Point Depot in Dublin's Fair City & that experience can't be topped for me. Then again, I was also at the Beacon...

Yup! Dublin that night was good, wasn't it??!! I listen to the bootleg the odd dime and its a great reminder -despite Andrea Corr's off pitch vocals! I think that the Slane gig will be excellent. Reports from other people who have been there in the past have always been positive.

I'm just imagining a warm summers night (to steal a CHIC song title), thousands of people with a great party atmosphere, singing along for 2 hours while the 'Stones rip the place up....

Cant wait!

;->
22nd March 2007 05:13 PM
glencar I hope to make it! I actually have time off that weekend & Dublin's easy to get to. To be honest, I wanted to visit Spain for a Stones show also but that seems unlikely due to work requirements.
22nd March 2007 05:20 PM
albert The website of Slane Castle says the pre-sale is on march 30 on 8.00 a.m.

gr,
Albert
Holland
22nd March 2007 05:27 PM
Gazza Public sale is 30th March.

Both presales are Monday 26th March per rs.com. I'd go by that, to be honest

I've never heard of them doing presales on the same day as the public sale
[Edited by Gazza]
22nd March 2007 05:28 PM
glencar Why would a pre-sale matter if it's GA?
22nd March 2007 05:30 PM
jaymze
quote:
glencar wrote:
Why would a pre-sale matter if it's GA?

....maybe because they are expecting a quick sell-out??
22nd March 2007 05:31 PM
glencar Mick said an Ireland v. England soocer final would make him happy! Is that a possibility?
22nd March 2007 05:34 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Mick said an Ireland v. England soocer final would make him happy! Is that a possibility?

No - because he's talking about cricket

Ireland pulled off a sensational upset by beating Pakistan, but theres no way they'd get to the final as they have too many other quality sides in their way.

England getting to the final would be an outside bet, probably
Angiegirl Fanclub presale for Nijmegen tomorrow morning @ 9:00 AM; general sale this Saturday @ 10:00 AM.
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Why would a pre-sale matter if it's GA?

Only if youre daft.
22nd March 2007 05:35 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Only if youre daft.

Lol, I was thinking something similar.
22nd March 2007 05:41 PM
glencar Gazza, if I fly over on a wing & a prayer, what are the chances of getting tix in Dublin before the event? I'm thinking it might behoove me to buy Aer Lingus plane tix now.
22nd March 2007 05:47 PM
glencar LOL I finally got around to opening up today's NY Times & the front of the Sports section has a nice article about Ireland & Bangladesh winning matches in their brackets.
22nd March 2007 05:53 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Gazza, if I fly over on a wing & a prayer, what are the chances of getting tix in Dublin before the event? I'm thinking it might behoove me to buy Aer Lingus plane tix now.

The show is most likely to be officially sold out. For a place thats holding 70-80,000 general admission there'll always be a few spares floating round, though. However, it might be more advisable to have one in advance.
22nd March 2007 05:59 PM
glencar Thanks for the info! A quick check of airfares shows that this is highly doable! The roundtrip before taxes & surcharges is $629...
22nd March 2007 06:14 PM
Saint Sway do they serve guiness on tap at the slane concerts?
22nd March 2007 06:27 PM
jaymze
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
do they serve guiness on tap at the slane concerts?

The last time I was at a festival in Ireland they did. The festival would come to a stand still if they didnt!
22nd March 2007 06:28 PM
Saint Sway God bless!!
22nd March 2007 06:47 PM
glencar You took Joshy to town today! March Madness indeed!
22nd March 2007 06:49 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
You took Joshy to town today! March Madness indeed!

like shootin fish in a barrell...

what Allmans night are you in NY for?

[Edited by Saint Sway]
22nd March 2007 06:52 PM
glencar Tomorrow night!
22nd March 2007 07:02 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Tomorrow night!

cool! pm me tomorrow and we'll meet up for a guiness or twelve
22nd March 2007 07:45 PM
glencar Yes!
23rd March 2007 10:35 AM
Saint Sway I'm pretty sure I have alcohol poisoning. Not sure why I'm at work. Maybe I'm still drunk.... but hey, someone's gotta flip the burgers around here..

My friends and I had 6 bottles of wine and one magnum of wine at dinner last night. Then decided it would be good to go out and drink until last call.

The bill was staggering.

I will try and rally later...

perhaps I should just start drinking again at lunch
23rd March 2007 11:42 AM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
do they serve guiness on tap at the slane concerts?

Its actually compulsory

Latest news regarding this show is that the ticket limit will be 60,000 with (for the first time ever) seating availability in three price levels as well as general admission.

I'm bewildered as how even Cohl can manage to arrange four price levels - 3 of them for seating - in a sloping natural ampitheatre which is, for health and safety reasons, the most ill-suited location on earth for seating , but there you go. You could siphon off part of the castle grounds for seating but thats about it as far as I can see.

23rd March 2007 11:45 AM
Saint Sway never underestimate the devil
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)