ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Fin Costello with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones for Slane Castle Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
22nd March 2007 11:16 AM
glencar Joshy Baby, one of the articles posted said that Slane ALWAYS sells out. I'm there. Joey? What aboutchoo?
22nd March 2007 11:16 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
jb wrote:

venue will be wide open with less than 55k.....

[quote]Gazza wrote:

LOL...I feel like all's right with the world again!
22nd March 2007 11:18 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

It'll be hard to find everyone in a 80,000 crowd in a village THAT size to be honest. I'd imagine most people would stay in Dublin.

I will be easy to spot in the crowd, as I will be proudly carrying a large "Gazza" banner above my head

22nd March 2007 11:20 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy Baby, one of the articles posted said that Slane ALWAYS sells out. I'm there. Joey? What aboutchoo?

It will be another faux sell out...the venue can handle over 100k....yet, like the Texas gig, 42k will attend and it will be sold out.....I am sick of the faux sell out and others should be as well...it is an embarrassment to the real fans (like me and you) who will not allow the phony #'s to stand unchallenged.
22nd March 2007 11:21 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
I don't see it filling up for a Stones only event....while certain slogans may be considered old and boring, I am confident that they will prove correct. The reality is that the Stones demand is in decline, and most venues will not sell out....please do not blame the messenger or the message!!! We cannot bury our head in the sand like an ostrich and ignore the reality that the band does not sell as well as in the past....and in some cases, the sales are unequivocally poor.

Slane isnt a 'regular' tour show anymore. It tends to be an all-day festival event with maybe four or five bands on the bill. It always sells well, regardless of who the headliner is. In some cases, it has sold out in an hour or less (80,000 tickets on an island of 5.7 million!). Unless they price it ridiculously (and as its all GA theres no reason to), it'll sell out.
22nd March 2007 11:25 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Slane isnt a 'regular' tour show anymore. It tends to be an all-day festival event with maybe four or five bands on the bill. It always sells well, regardless of who the headliner is. In some cases, it has sold out in an hour or less (80,000 tickets on an island of 5.7 million!). Unless they price it ridiculously (and as its all GA theres no reason to), it'll sell out.

The Austin show was also GA....and it was "limited" to 50k b/c of some bullshit park rules...I hate having to bring this subject up all the time, but I am forced to in order to make people aware of the serious decline our band is in...Some people do not want to face the reality that we are no longer able to sell out large or even mid size venues.
22nd March 2007 12:13 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

The Austin show was also GA....and it was "limited" to 50k b/c of some bullshit park rules...I hate having to bring this subject up all the time, but I am forced to in order to make people aware of the serious decline our band is in...Some people do not want to face the reality that we are no longer able to sell out large or even mid size venues.

And some people don't need the validation of the masses and also happen to enjoy short beer and piss lines.
22nd March 2007 12:15 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

And some people don't need the validation of the masses and also happen to enjoy short beer and piss lines.

The #'s are what it is all about Dan....the more people, the more $ and prestige.
22nd March 2007 12:24 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

The #'s are what it is all about Dan....the more people, the more $ and prestige.

$ I don't care about, at least not when in someone else's pocket. Sales do not equal prestige, just look at what's at the top of the charts. Also, Justin Timberlake's tour is 100% sold out with full 360 degree seating. You think that brings prestige? Actually, my theory on his continued popularity is that it's due to his guest spot with the Stones validating him as a serious artist.
22nd March 2007 12:49 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

$ I don't care about, at least not when in someone else's pocket. Sales do not equal prestige, just look at what's at the top of the charts. Also, Justin Timberlake's tour is 100% sold out with full 360 degree seating. You think that brings prestige? Actually, my theory on his continued popularity is that it's due to his guest spot with the Stones validating him as a serious artist.

Timberlake brought sexy back and thus, is selling well.
22nd March 2007 01:09 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

The Austin show was also GA....

yeah, the two venues and locations are absolutely identical of course.

seriously, you havent a clue what youre talking about here. Give it a rest.
22nd March 2007 01:11 PM
SweetVirginia
The Slane presale is tomorrow at 9:00 a.m.

22nd March 2007 01:16 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

yeah, the two venues and locations are absolutely identical of course.

seriously, you havent a clue what youre talking about here. Give it a rest.

I feel confident in my position. Lets wait and see how it sells...if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it....
22nd March 2007 01:18 PM
Gazza Wasnt talking about the sales but your comparison between both venues and events as theyre not even remotely alike
22nd March 2007 01:20 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Wasnt talking about the sales but your comparison between both venues and events as theyre not even remotely alike

Oh...in that case I completely understand your position.
22nd March 2007 01:22 PM
monkey_man It looks like a beautiful place to have a show. . . .too bad about 100,000 or so people getting in your way!
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

Dude.... What are you talking about?
Gazza Ticket prices for the 'field' show at Nijmegen will be 85 Euros plus costs.

If thats the price for Slane (and other 'field' shows for that matter), they'll have no problem selling it out.
22nd March 2007 01:24 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Ticket prices for the 'field' show at Nijmegen will be 85 Euros plus costs.

If thats the price for Slane (and other 'field' shows for that matter), they'll have no problem selling it out.

Is Cohl promoting these shows...that price seems way too low???
22nd March 2007 01:32 PM
Gazza Thats about normal for general admission in Europe (outside the UK, that is)

Theres no seats at field shows remember.
[Edited by Gazza]
22nd March 2007 01:35 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Thats about normal for general admission in Europe (outside the UK, that is)

Theres no seats at field shows remember.
[Edited by Gazza]

With a minimum of 27 shows, at 40k a show, even at those prices ,we break 500 million. They only need another 53 million...
22nd March 2007 03:38 PM
speedfreakjive we need an 87' style re-union of Keith and u2 - When Love Comes To Town
22nd March 2007 03:48 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

With a minimum of 27 shows, at 40k a show, even at those prices ,we break 500 million. They only need another 53 million...

Seems they are playing a lot of eastern European countries which I would imagine would have lower ticket prices than western Europe.
22nd March 2007 04:06 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Seems they are playing a lot of eastern European countries which I would imagine would have lower ticket prices than western Europe.

True, but at even 2 million a gig, we hit 54 million....With ABB at 447million, we will break 500 million which is impressive...they did it with smoke and mirrors, but it worked.
22nd March 2007 04:07 PM
pdog I like smoke and mirrors!
22nd March 2007 04:09 PM
glencar
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

The Slane presale is tomorrow at 9:00 a.m.

Are any Americans planning on attending? This show is perfect for my schedule & Dublin is a nice town/city.
22nd March 2007 04:10 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

Timberfake almost lost on AI last night!
22nd March 2007 04:10 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Are any Americans planning on attending? This show is perfect for my schedule & Dublin is a nice town/city.

I love lamp!
22nd March 2007 04:11 PM
monkey_man
quote:
glencar wrote:

I'd go if it was limited to 10,000 people. I'm not a big fan of huge shows outside.
22nd March 2007 04:12 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:
I like smoke and mirrors!

Prays to Elizabeth and John Edwards...and thank god we have taken back congress..the righties are so angry and bitter...They now are big supporters of executive privilege...when they impeached Clinton they pontificated how he was using it to hide the truth...they are the biggest hypocrites...in less than 3 months pf power, we have recaptured our country and subpoenas shall be issued!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)