ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Fin Costello with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones for Slane Castle Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
21st March 2007 01:51 PM
Stray Cat UK Gazza,

Congradulations on this show! Will it be GA tickets only and therefore "cheap" compared to seated stadia ?

A lot easier than IOW !

The pictures of Slane 82 always remind me of Roundhay the day after.

sc uk
21st March 2007 01:51 PM
jaymze This is excellent news. Got a text from IrelandCalling an hour ago about the announcement. Have never attended a gig at Slane but judging from friends and family that have gone, it seems to be a great place to see a band and the audience is supposed to be great. Can't wait. Hope they have a few good support acts too to sweeten the (no doubt) ridiculous ticket price.
21st March 2007 01:56 PM
Gazza
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
Gazza,

Congradulations on this show! Will it be GA tickets only and therefore "cheap" compared to seated stadia ?

Yeah, it'll be General Admission (unless youre one of the privileged few up in the castle grounds), so I would imagine it'll be cheaper. As you can see from the photos, its a natural ampitheatre

I think when the announced the Phoenix Park show a year ago, the tickets were supposedly going to be 85 Euro - although they never went on sale in the end. Maybe someone can confirm that.
21st March 2007 02:09 PM
dirtyden i hate slane but it's on my birthday so looks like i will be goimg.
21st March 2007 02:16 PM
Gazza You've no choice!
21st March 2007 02:17 PM
Bitch
quote:
Gazza wrote:

(I was RIGHT down front..)

THANKS Gazza, as usual you are a wealth of information! This looks promising and exciting! Is that a hose they are spraying into the crowd? Hmmm I'll have to remember to bring a towel!! Where do all those people pee? Anywhere, man?
21st March 2007 02:37 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:

THANKS Gazza, as usual you are a wealth of information! This looks promising and exciting! Is that a hose they are spraying into the crowd?

yes...Mick even did it himself occasionally. I even got a cool blast myself.

quote:
Bitch wrote:
Hmmm I'll have to remember to bring a towel!!

I recommend toilet paper too!

quote:
Bitch wrote:

Where do all those people pee? Anywhere, man?

On each other or down their legs, in most cases.
21st March 2007 02:44 PM
dirtyden I would advise anybody that's going to slane to book hotel early as the nearest hotel is about 5 miles away from slane,all guest houses will be booked solid and bring your own booze!!

IT'S MY 40TH BIRTHDAY SO DON'T FORGET MY PRESSIE !!
21st March 2007 02:44 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:

Bitch wrote:

Where do all those people pee? Anywhere, man?

[quote]
Gazza wrote:

yes...Mick even did it himself occasionally. I even got a cool blast myself.

Better bring your rain gear, kids!
21st March 2007 03:21 PM
lotsajizz I am there!!!

21st March 2007 03:24 PM
Dan
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Better bring your rain gear, kids!

Sounds like my kind of show!
21st March 2007 03:33 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dan wrote:

Sounds like my kind of show!

whew!

I thought you were going to bore us with another Dungeons&Dragons story about Iron Maiden, Dio and castles

[Edited by Saint Sway]
21st March 2007 03:38 PM
pdog Black Crowes are playing at The White Castle in Newark!
21st March 2007 03:40 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:
Black Crowes are playing at The White Castle in Newark!

cool.

on your break, do you think you could sneak me in thru the employee entrance in the back?
21st March 2007 03:44 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

cool.

on your break, do you think you could sneak me in thru the employee entrance in the back?

Only if you suck on Oderus Urungus' penis!
21st March 2007 05:02 PM
Joey " Only if you suck on Oderus Urungus' penis! "

21st March 2007 05:05 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:

Only if you suck on Oderus Urungus' penis!

It's made out of latex so it shouldn't be that bad. It would probably taste like a real one with a condom on it.
21st March 2007 05:06 PM
Joey " It's made out of latex so it shouldn't be that bad. It would probably taste like a real one with a condom on it."

21st March 2007 05:07 PM
speedfreakjive shud be good, i bet they play Danny Boy, in addition a u2 cover, lmfao
21st March 2007 06:27 PM
Soldatti This show will be great, they should add AC/DC there again.
22nd March 2007 12:41 AM
glencar
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
shud be good, i bet they play Danny Boy, in addition a u2 cover, lmfao

Nah, that's so 2003! They already did "It's A Long Way To Tipperary"!
22nd March 2007 12:43 AM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

There ya go, Glencar. Sorted!

See ya there Baby!
22nd March 2007 12:44 AM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Its a stately home, owned by the (English) Mountcharles family. The show takes place in the castle grounds, with the River Boyne behind the stage.

There have been shows there most years since 1981. The Stones played there in 1982, which was the first really "mega" show at the venue. U2 and the Red Hot Chili Peppers have both filmed concert DVDs there.

Hotels ? Hah. Slane is a village of about 800 people about 25 miles inland to the north west of Dublin. However, for concerts there are buses laid on from all parts of Ireland to transport fans to and from the concert.

Very historic place indeed
Details of the village - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slane
Info on the castle - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slane_Castle
And on the history of the concerts - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slane_Concert

Crowd attendances are usually around 65-80,000. It ALWAYS sells out. The Stones will be no exception. The Stones have only visited Ireland twice since 1965 - Slane in 1982 and the two Dublin shows at the Point Theatre in 2003 when they sold all 16,000 tickets in four minutes. So, basically the vast majority of the last two generations of Stones fans in Ireland only had a chance to see them 25 years ago.

I drove through Slane in 2002. Very nice little village with quite a traffic jam due to construction. I will have to strongly consider this show...Are any other Americans on this board considering it????
22nd March 2007 03:36 AM
albert I feel a Rocks Off Summit coming up in Dublin / Shane Castle this summer??
22nd March 2007 07:02 AM
Gazza "SLANE" - Shane's Castle is in County Antrim, about 100 miles north!

It'll be hard to find everyone in a 80,000 crowd in a village THAT size to be honest. I'd imagine most people would stay in Dublin. For me, personally Slane shows are a day trip from Belfast, however as I live in the other direction - but we'll see I guess.
22nd March 2007 07:59 AM
speedfreakjive go to the future!!!!

headline. June

'u2 do Sympathy with Stones' - how ironic that would be
22nd March 2007 09:51 AM
jb venue will be wide open with less than 55k.....
22nd March 2007 10:07 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
venue will be wide open with less than 55k.....

22nd March 2007 10:54 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

That's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

Jacky Carson

22nd March 2007 11:09 AM
jb I don't see it filling up for a Stones only event....while certain slogans may be considered old and boring, I am confident that they will prove correct. The reality is that the Stones demand is in decline, and most venues will not sell out....please do not blame the messenger or the message!!! We cannot bury our head in the sand like an ostrich and ignore the reality that the band does not sell as well as in the past....and in some cases, the sales are unequivocally poor.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)