ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Fin Costello with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: just listened to abb start to finish Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
14th March 2007 08:37 PM
Lethargy Call this the alternative 'rediscovering abb thread'...

First time in several months, just played the damn thing all the way through.

The only songs that I got into were:

Rough Justice
Let Me Down Slow
It Won't Take Long
Rain Fall Down
Back Of My Hand
Biggest Mistake
This Place Is Empty
Laugh I Nearly Died

I recall previously liking Oh No Not You Again, but it seemed lame this time around. Remaining songs seemed lame to be both then (when it came out) and now.

I guess you could say I really dig the first half of the album.
14th March 2007 08:45 PM
Jethrostone That's not a bad list of songs. I like those songs too. I do like Streets Of Love. I think it's a beautiful song. Rain Fall Down is cool. Same here with Oh No Not You Again.
14th March 2007 08:47 PM
White House Lawn Trim it down to 10 tracks like the old days and it's a pretty damn good album!

Here's my "A Smaller Bang" playlist:

Rough Justice
Let Me Down Slow
It Won't Take Long
Rain Fall Down
Back Of My Hand
Oh No, Not You Again
This Place Is Empty
Dangerous Beauty
Laugh, I Nearly Died
Under The Radar
14th March 2007 09:11 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
White House Lawn wrote:
Trim it down to 10 tracks like the old days and it's a pretty damn good album!

Rough Justice
Let Me Down Slow
It Won't Take Long
Rain Fall Down
Back Of My Hand
Oh No, Not You Again
This Place Is Empty
Dangerous Beauty
Laugh, I Nearly Died
Under The Radar

The thing about the "old days" is that they put out 10 songs almost yearly.
14th March 2007 09:16 PM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves We Don't Wanna Go Home should have been on ABB from the start
14th March 2007 09:38 PM
fireontheplatter i have probably done this front to back around 50-70 times.
lately i just listen to the ones i feel like.

everybodys jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzd
14th March 2007 10:19 PM
BILL PERKS i listened to it every day for 6 months and it still is in my car..i still like it a lot...down a little bit from my original diagnosis...rough justice is fuckin rocket fuel to me,i turn it up and kicks me in the ass.neocon is so lame it casts a pall over the whole record
15th March 2007 12:30 AM
glencar
quote:
White House Lawn wrote:
Trim it down to 10 tracks like the old days and it's a pretty damn good album!

Rough Justice
Let Me Down Slow
It Won't Take Long
Rain Fall Down
Back Of My Hand
Oh No, Not You Again
This Place Is Empty
Dangerous Beauty
Laugh, I Nearly Died
Under The Radar

I would drop off the requisite Keef ballad & replace it with, oh, Look What The Cat Dragged In.
15th March 2007 07:16 AM
jaymze I like the album a lot too. Can't believe it was 18 months ago since it was released, only seems like about 6 months. Think i will listen to it today again, haven't heard it in a few months.
15th March 2007 07:35 AM
LadyJane I think we need to make this an RO project for the upcoming weekend.

We ALL listen to ABB from start to finish and see howe we feel about it 18 months (WOW!) after its release.

Who's with me??

LJ.
15th March 2007 07:38 AM
Homercles Look what the cat dragged in is under rated in my opinion. Every time I hear it, it reminds me of Undercover, similar tempo.
15th March 2007 09:34 AM
jb A really disappointing album ...mostly Mick's solo crap with a awful Keith song .
15th March 2007 10:01 AM
Bloozehound It's gay!
15th March 2007 10:04 AM
jb
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
It's gay!

agreed....not a very good album at all, with a lot of sissy songs(see SOL).
15th March 2007 01:42 PM
Steel Wheels I love A Bigger Bang. I have yet to file the album in my CD rack - the first time I've done this EVER. I burned a copy for the car as well.

I consider A Bigger Bang to be one of my top 5 Stones albums, and I find it to be one of their most cohesive albums to date. I love the feel of it, how it sounds through my speakers, the energy and spirit of it...it really does sound great to me.

I have a Carver TFM35 power amp (roughly 200 watts) bi-wired out to Paradigm floor standing monitor type speakers, with a Marantz pre-amp. A Bigger bang sounds real rocking and bluesy, with plenty of space to hear all the different parts.
15th March 2007 01:44 PM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I think we need to make this an RO project for the upcoming weekend.

We ALL listen to ABB from start to finish and see howe we feel about it 18 months (WOW!) after its release.

Who's with me??

LJ.

Eggscellent idea! Why, I might even get a jump on the weekend & START NOW! I love ABB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
15th March 2007 01:44 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Eggscellent idea! Why, I might even get a jump on the weekend & START NOW! I love ABB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I have been prescribed Methodone for my chronic pain....
[Edited by jb]
15th March 2007 01:45 PM
glencar I usually just take Advil!!!!!
15th March 2007 02:11 PM
White House Lawn "agreed....not a very good album at all, with a lot of sissy songs(see SOL)."

They've been doing sissy songs for years! LOL

I've always HATED "Out of Tears!"

[Edited by White House Lawn]
15th March 2007 02:12 PM
glencar
quote:
White House Lawn wrote:
"agreed....not a very good album at all, with a lot of sissy songs(see SOL)."

They've been doing sissy songs for years! LOL

I've always HATED "Out of Tears!"

[Edited by White House Lawn]

Excellent!
15th March 2007 03:02 PM
polytoxic I went reaching for ABB but my hand grabbed EOMS instead, as if guided by some higher power. I'll try again tomorrow. I wouldn't mind hearing Dangerous Beauty.
15th March 2007 03:11 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

I have been prescribed Methodone for my chronic pain....

15th March 2007 03:20 PM
fna69 the lyrics for most of the songs are horrible. "The moon is yellow, i'm like jello staring at your tits". A 6th grader could easliy have written most of these songs. I dunno if it's micks attempt at looking cool, but its hard to believe the same guy wrote songs like Gimme Shelter and Sway.
15th March 2007 09:12 PM
Sir Stonesalot You know, I've always thought that most of these songs just sound like tossed off demos or something. Like the songs aren't really even finished.

And the lyrics are just....awful. Dumb. Retarded at times. Did Ian help them with the lyrics? I'd believe it.

The riffs range from boring to rote. Nothing really inspired at all. When you start ripping off INXS riffs, yer in trouble.

I like the production on it, the sound is solid and loud, but no amount of studio wizardry can save those crappy songs. Bad songs are bad songs no matter how well produced they are.

My biggest complaint is that it isn't what MY idea of Rock n Roll is. To me, it sounds like MOR adult contemporary commercial radio drivel. It totally lacks balls, and that is a mortal sin for a Stones album.

LJ, do you REALLY want me to do this thing for you? I'll do it if you ask me to do it, but I'd rather not. I have the new Stooges album to crank, and I'd really rather listen to that.
15th March 2007 09:17 PM
Sir Stonesalot >I've always HATED "Out of Tears!"<

Me too. I'll add "Anybody Seen My Baby" to that list as well. And everything on ABB except RJ, ONNYA, & BOMH.
15th March 2007 09:22 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>I've always HATED "Out of Tears!"<

Me too. I'll add "Anybody Seen My Baby" to that list as well. And everything on ABB except RJ, ONNYA, & BOMH.

dude

find a date.....for gods sake.
15th March 2007 09:24 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I think we need to make this an RO project for the upcoming weekend.

Who's with me??

LJ.

I'm with SS my sweet. I just got the new Stooges today...
15th March 2007 09:42 PM
White House Lawn What do you guys think about that new Stooges CD? I got it, too, but so far I'm lukewarm about it.

I kind of like the fact that the Stones have had a SLOW decline--if they would have split up after EXILE then got back together after decades and released something like ABB . . . well, let's just say it would have been a bummer!
15th March 2007 10:00 PM
pdog
quote:
White House Lawn wrote:
What do you guys think about that new Stooges CD? I got it, too, but so far I'm lukewarm about it.

I kind of like the fact that the Stones have had a SLOW decline--if they would have split up after EXILE then got back together after decades and released something like ABB . . . well, let's just say it would have been a bummer!

I'll know later tonight.
15th March 2007 10:39 PM
mojoman you deserve a medal
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)