ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Fin Costello with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Rolling Stones Bit Torrent Thread (Vol. 13) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
31st January 2007 08:41 AM
gonzalo76
quote:
skyofcrack wrote:
Every single Mickboy title is lossy. If you have one in your collection then check it for yourself. The remaster process includes a MiniDisc.

The bottom line is: if you want a Mickboy, grab it. There are no lossless Mickboys. I got this directly through Gerry. A copy from his orignal cd-r's. I also have the latest title for Voodoo (which cannot be posted here) and I'm trying to find a place to share it.

Dime is very strict. They use to carry MD-sourced recordings but not anymore. There's another Mickboy title there right now (Earl's Court '76) and that's lossy as well. No one's reported it though.

soc

Every single Mickboy title is lossy, INDEED !
Hi skyofcrack, did you read my PM?
You could copy and paste it here if you like.

All the best,
Gonzalo

P.S: I'm trying to find a place to share it.
Did you check http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com/index.php ?

[Edited by gonzalo76]
31st January 2007 09:31 AM
hj3009 a dos metros del mito - Buenos Aires 1995-12-14

I missed that one, didn't see it was 14th and not 16th. Would somebone be so kind as to seed again ? There ain't any seeder at the time. Thanks a lot !
Hervé
31st January 2007 10:06 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
skyofcrack wrote:

The bottom line is: if you want a Mickboy, grab it. There are no lossless Mickboys. I got this directly through Gerry. A copy from his orignal cd-r's. I also have the latest title for Voodoo (which cannot be posted here) and I'm trying to find a place to share it.

soc

Try Pink Robert's site for posting your Mickboy torrents, soc. He's got quite a few up there already.
http://www.pinkrobert.net/
31st January 2007 12:13 PM
gonzalo76
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Try Pink Robert's site for posting your Mickboy torrents, soc. He's got quite a few up there already.
http://www.pinkrobert.net/

Nop, he can't post it there, he was banned time ago.

P.S. Anyway, according to an email I received from Robert:

PR Torrents will be back in late May.

Be well.

PR

[Edited by gonzalo76]
31st January 2007 01:26 PM
skyofcrack
quote:
gonzalo76 wrote:

Nop, he can't post it there, he was banned time ago.

P.S. Anyway, according to an email I received from Robert:

PR Torrents will be back in late May.

Be well.

PR

[Edited by gonzalo76]

Ironically, I was banned for bringing up the fact that Mickboy discs are lossy.

Now, there are tons of comments about lossiness there but I was banned.

PR doesn't allow outside uploads. Only his own.

BTW, I have all the MB discs that PR has plus some he doesn't.

gonzalo76, I did receive your PM. Only Gerry himself can provide lossless discs for us but he has his way and we have to accept that.

soc
31st January 2007 02:58 PM
pdog i feel really ignorant, I was under the impression MB's stuff wasn't lossy. being so ignorant, and learning everything from you guys, it is safe to say it's not Mp3 sourced, it's lossy but not in that regard, correct?
If anyne wants to take the time to explain this to me, I'm all ears (eyes), thanks!
31st January 2007 04:01 PM
skyofcrack
quote:
pdog wrote:
i feel really ignorant, I was under the impression MB's stuff wasn't lossy. being so ignorant, and learning everything from you guys, it is safe to say it's not Mp3 sourced, it's lossy but not in that regard, correct?
If anyne wants to take the time to explain this to me, I'm all ears (eyes), thanks!

No mp3's were ever used but a MiniDisc was. MD is lossy and what Gerry has always used. In order for them to be lossless, he would have to change the way he remasters. I don't see that happening.
31st January 2007 04:33 PM
gimmekeef I certainly understand and respect the "lossless" element of all this.However as it relates to the latest Mickboy.Tokyo..to the common ear...is it better sound than what we had before from 3/22/06?....Thanks
31st January 2007 06:20 PM
cabledogg2 I'm not trying to start a flame war over mickboys work but i think that the mickboy tokyo show being banned from our tracker should be reconsidered. If the LOSSY aspect came from a superier source and somewhere down the line it became lossy i could understand the ban.The fact of the matter is that this is just part of mickboys remastering process so it has not been diminished from the original product The product being MICKBOYS version of the tokyo show). Gazza , Charlotte or whomever makes the call on what gets on our tracker, please reconsider lifting the ban so we can all enjoy the fruits of mickboys labor...........cabledogg2
[Edited by cabledogg2]
31st January 2007 08:11 PM
Still A Fool Hi everybody,

I don´t know if there is a topic for dvd trades. I have a collection of more than 600 Stones tittles.
If you are interested here is my e-mail adress:

[email protected]

Thanks in advance!

(ONLY TRADES - I DON´T SELL AND I DON´T CHANGE FOR BLANK DISC)
1st February 2007 02:57 AM
hj3009 Many thanks to the two seeders for "a dos metros del mito" ! I just joined again, hope I'll be able to complete it.
Thanks a lot, merci beaucoup !
HJ3009
1st February 2007 03:03 PM
Rolling Stones Argen
quote:
Still A Fool wrote:
Hi everybody,

I don´t know if there is a topic for dvd trades. I have a collection of more than 600 Stones tittles.
If you are interested here is my e-mail adress:

[email protected]

Thanks in advance!

(ONLY TRADES - I DON´T SELL AND I DON´T CHANGE FOR BLANK DISC)

Hola Viejorollinga
1st February 2007 05:11 PM
hrhf Hi, I'm still trying to finish the Hampton '81 definitive master. I'm stuck at 95.6% I have nearly 90 peers also trying to download it, according to ABC's stats. Could one or two of you fine folks be so kind as to seed it? I'll keep my seed up for a few days, if I can just get it complete.

1st February 2007 06:26 PM
stalemate97_2006 Hi guys

Is someone can up on tracker " Abigger Bang Early mixes" ??
I can't download them on gigazise cause of downmoald limit.

Man y thanks
1st February 2007 08:21 PM
shaleia
quote:
stalemate97_2006 wrote:
Hi guys

Man y thanks

also not lossless, i believe...
[Edited by shaleia]
1st February 2007 11:08 PM
jholcomb I always get a kick out of the "lossy" debate, no matter what torrent site is involved. It's OK to put on a lossless audience recorded torrent that sounds like it was recorded at the bottom of a garbage can, but don't put on a "lossy" soundboard or broadcast.

Of course, it's always better to be lossless if it's possible, but I've heard some "lossy" recordings that sounds a lot better than some "lossless" ones.

2nd February 2007 12:20 AM
gonzalo76
quote:
jholcomb wrote:

Of course, it's always better to be lossless if it's possible, but I've heard some "lossy" recordings that sounds a lot better than some "lossless" ones.

Surely you were comparing different sources and recordings, like (AUD/SBD/FM/PRE-FM/MTX/STU/ALD/IEM). If you were comparing the same recording and the lossy version sounded better than the lossless version... something was definitely wrong there.

MP3 is a "perceptual" encoding system based on what humans actually hear. In fact, in all likelihood you would not be able to hear the differences between a wav and an MP3 sourced encoded with LAME VBR using "-V 0 --vbr-new". LAME 3.97 is the recommended version up to now.
(Obviously, this is for a "non-trained ears")

MP3 most significantly affects the higher frequencies. (High frequencies take the most bits to encode and are what we are least able to hear, so to varying degrees you will see the compression affect the high frequencies.) Sometimes the effect is less dramatic in the high frequencies.

If you can't notice the same recording in wav (usually with frequencies around 20-22 khz), and then in lossy (with a compression usually affecting the frequencies from around 14-16khz), then, you shouldn't be worried about lossy or lossless recordings.

All the best,
Gonzalo

P.S: I think you don't have a "trained ears" to distinguish lossless from lossy... for the time being.
2nd February 2007 02:29 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
stalemate97_2006 wrote:
Hi guys

Man y thanks

Try here, matey:
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3609011

2nd February 2007 02:53 AM
nasalwizard Is it possible for someone to help seed the three let it bleed documentary dvds as there are quite a few of us trying to download them and we only have a seed for the first one thanks.
2nd February 2007 03:09 AM
De Meeuw http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=133025

Ron Wood
Miami, Florida, Woody’s On The Beach, 30 March, 1988

1. Texas Shuffle
2. Can’t You Hear Me Knocking
3. Buried Alive
4. Outlaws
5. Around The Plynth-Motherless Children-Gasoline Alley
Prodigal Son-Amazing Grace-Little Red Rooster (incomplete)
6. Ooh La La
7. I Can Feel The Fire
8. It’s All Over Now
9. Honky Tonk Women

Line-up: Ron Wood (gtr, voc)/Ian McLagan (keyb)/Bobby Keys (sax)/Simon Kirke (dr)

Linage > CD-R to WAVE on my HD > splitting tracks with CD Wave Editor > WAVE to Flac with dBpowerAMP Music Converter

Here again a show from Woody On The Beach.
This is a old torrent from a year ago, but now with tracknummering
I hope you enjoy it
The show is in good audience, inc. artwork.
The artwork is made by DRNO, many thanks for this fantastic artwork !!!!

Gr Ray
2nd February 2007 04:05 AM
pdog
quote:
jholcomb wrote:
I always get a kick out of the "lossy" debate, no matter what torrent site is involved. It's OK to put on a lossless audience recorded torrent that sounds like it was recorded at the bottom of a garbage can, but don't put on a "lossy" soundboard or broadcast.

The real problem is once t's compressed, there's no going back to normal, and that's the reason folks want lossless. most of the stuff i listen to over and over again, sounds better lossless. Take a copy of Handsome girls, compress to Mp3, play it on your stereo, then play the orginal lossless wav files, I hear the difference... And we want the new person, who never heard it before, to hear it this way too. that's why the lineage and integrity is so important.

BUT!!!

Knowing what I now know about Mickboys, it should be excepted... and accepted as is...
[Edited by pdog]
2nd February 2007 07:59 AM
jholcomb I can hear the difference between lossy and lossless recordings, and I agree that a standard be maintained.

I must say that I generally enjoy the Mickboy stuff, though.

Ah well, who said, "It's only rock 'n' roll!"?
2nd February 2007 04:03 PM
silkcut1978 does anybody know wtf is going on on Dime?
2nd February 2007 04:37 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
silkcut1978 wrote:
does anybody know wtf is going on on Dime?

Server maintenance.....hopefully up soon.....
2nd February 2007 06:19 PM
hrhf Thanks to whoever reseeded the Hampton DVD for me... it's now up to 24 seeds! I'll keep mine up for another day or two at least.

By the way, still trying to download discs 2 and 3 of the LET IT BLEED documentary. If anybody can reseed those, it would be greatly appreciated. Like before, if I can complete, I'll keep seeding for as long as it appears to be needed.

Thanks/merci/gracias/etc...........
2nd February 2007 06:30 PM
silkcut1978
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Server maintenance.....hopefully up soon.....

thanks for the info - since the server is down I haven't got a single message as well from the yahoo-group but funny enough the Faces-torrent I'm leeching gives me a "Tracker-OK" sign for about 4 hours by now...
2nd February 2007 07:07 PM
jpenn11
quote:
silkcut1978 wrote:
does anybody know wtf is going on on Dime?

Posted on the forum--

"I don't know how many of us saw Erwe's message about the server switchover
this weekend. They are switching to a new machine that took 7 WEEKS to
assemble to Dime specs. Let's set aside for a moment the fact that there
are a dedicated core of folks who are going to work their asses off all
weekend so that we can continue to download free music more efficiently (and
even apologize to us for the inconvenience), and move on to more material
matters.

...[solicitation for donations] ...

Best to all, Robbie"
3rd February 2007 03:53 AM
joguema
quote:
silkcut1978 wrote:

thanks for the info - since the server is down I haven't got a single message as well from the yahoo-group but funny enough the Faces-torrent I'm leeching gives me a "Tracker-OK" sign for about 4 hours by now...

same here: I cannot access their webpage, but 3 torrents (1 x McCartney on b4 and 2 x Stones on b1) are working fine.
3rd February 2007 06:57 AM
stalemate97_2006 Hi

Is someone have artworks of "From steel wheels to bigger bang" ?

I have download some parts of covers from disc 1 at :
http://bootcoverz.com/uploads/205%20%20From%20steel%20wheels%20to%20a%20bigger%20bang%20back.jpg
and
http://bootcoverz.com/uploads/205%20From%20steel%20wheels%20to%20a%20bigger%20bang%20front.jpg

If you have the complete covers !!!
3rd February 2007 07:01 AM
stalemate97_2006 I have all the Five first episode from "The knights of prosperity" aka "Let's rob Mick Jagger".

Do you think I can upload them on tracker or not ?

if you say OK I'll put them on tracker in the afternoon.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)