ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Fin Costello with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Rolling Stones Bit Torrent Thread (Vol. 13) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
3rd March 2007 07:54 AM
drno12
quote:
cabledogg2 wrote:
Nice artwork drno one thing i noticed is disc 1 track 4 should be Star Star.............cabledogg2

Thank you for the heads up!!

I fixed that mistake.
drno12
3rd March 2007 08:11 AM
axl79
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Rolling Stones - Masonic Hall, Detroit 7-6-78
--------------------------------------------------

Lineage: Wolfgang's Vault > Streaming Audio > J.B. Bad PC-WAVE > FLAC

Is Wolfgang's Vault streaming lossless format ? I doubt it. The source is a lossy compression one.
3rd March 2007 08:32 AM
tookthatname am i the only one having trouble with the masonic 78 show. i can't get it to download. I am VERY interested in it
3rd March 2007 08:49 AM
gonzalo76
quote:
axl79 wrote:

Is Wolfgang's Vault streaming lossless format ? I doubt it. The source is a lossy compression one.

I made some freq. and spectral view and here are the results:

1. Wolfgang's Vault streaming is definitely lossy. The compression is very high, all freq. above 15 kHz are cut off. We can see the classic "hair cut" at 15 kHz.

2. BUT, this recording was NEVER converted to any other lossy format like MP3, OGG, etc.

So IMHO, if we don't have any lossless source from this show (in SBD or FM), this torrent should be allowed here... I don't know if Dime will accept it. Please, don't post my results or comments on Dime.

All the best,
Gonzalo

Spectral view
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h...tralmissyou.png

Freq. Analysis
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h...freqmissyou.png

P.S: Please, don't post my results or comments on Dime.

[Edited by gonzalo76]
3rd March 2007 09:05 AM
micklips I was hoping if anyone has or knows any show either dvd or soundboard of DETROIT shows...i already have the 1975 versions, but was looking for the 2005 show i was at, or the 1981 silverdome show..THANKS and Keep Rockin'
3rd March 2007 09:22 AM
micklips Im just curious, but i found or have a couple of soundboard recordings, and obviously not as good as some out there, BUT ones i have not seen here..Number one is The Rolling Stones Order in the Court..1cd..and the other is The Rolling Stones Sweet Black Angel...4cd's..this one has a live version of the title sweet black angel..the only "live" version of the song i ever heard,this show says it was recorded June 24th,1972 at Tarrant County Convention Center in Fort Worth Texas USA..The first show, order in the court is from Earles Court May 22nd,1976 but with only 15 songs..any ideas if these shows are common ones that most already have??? I dont know how to put these on the sight cause im a neby here..Ive seen the stones since 1976 when i was 14 yrs.old..anyway you can e-mail me with any questions or help...Thanks MickLips
[Edited by micklips]
[Edited by micklips]
[Edited by micklips]
3rd March 2007 10:06 AM
Quiquestone
quote:
tookthatname wrote:
am i the only one having trouble with the masonic 78 show. i can't get it to download. I am VERY interested in it

Yeah, same trouble here!
Is it because the lossy format or what?
[Edited by Quiquestone]
3rd March 2007 11:05 AM
midnrambler I've listened to the new Detroit 78 soundboard and found out that the last 3 songs (Sweet Little 16, Brown Sugar, Jumping Jack Flash) come from Houston, not Detroit. They are the same as on Handsome Girls etc. Can somebody confirm this? Apart from this the rest is completely from Detroit with a lot of never before available great soundboard tracks!
3rd March 2007 12:00 PM
De Meeuw
quote:
midnrambler wrote:
I've listened to the new Detroit 78 soundboard and found out that the last 3 songs (Sweet Little 16, Brown Sugar, Jumping Jack Flash) come from Houston, not Detroit. They are the same as on Handsome Girls etc. Can somebody confirm this? Apart from this the rest is completely from Detroit with a lot of never before available great soundboard tracks!

Yes right, when i listen to the audience of detroit, heard i different things
Nothing new

gr ray
3rd March 2007 12:54 PM
GotToRollMe Is it possible that those three songs were from the Detroit show all along and were mistakenly labeled as being from Houston on Handsome Girls? The Detroit recording sounds pretty seamless to me.
3rd March 2007 01:46 PM
midnrambler
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Is it possible that those three songs were from the Detroit show all along and were mistakenly labeled as being from Houston on Handsome Girls? The Detroit recording sounds pretty seamless to me.

I thought that too, but then I listened to my complete audience recording of Houston, and they are definitively from Houston!
3rd March 2007 02:46 PM
gimmekeef LOL..What is this..CSIetroit?
3rd March 2007 04:27 PM
pdog Bummer about the bans on DAD and Zomb...
I'm privilaged to know such great experts on The Stones...
as much as i'm excited about the Detroit stuff... I'm bummed with the sound. Anything I ever hear that is from a stream or XM or Sirius ect, always has that tinny sound. It's like my speakers are wrapped in aluminum foil...
Still, i'm glad we have this stuff. And I appreciate everyones hard work to make this stuff available.
The good news is, somewhere there's tapes of this in perfect quality, and all the other stuff Wolfgang has, maybe, one day... ya know!
3rd March 2007 06:34 PM
cabledogg2 Pdog wrote...... "The good news is, somewhere there's tapes of this in perfect quality, and all the other stuff Wolfgang has, maybe, one day... ya know

If you believe what wolfgangs site says these shows will be available for download in april......cabledogg2
[Edited by cabledogg2]
4th March 2007 12:40 AM
pdog
quote:
cabledogg2 wrote:

If you believe what wolfgangs site says these shows will be available for download in april......cabledogg2
[Edited by cabledogg2]

Really, that is very good news... I didn't look too much into the site....
4th March 2007 06:47 AM
De Meeuw http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=136871

Sheryl Crow feat. Ron Wood
London, Shepherd's Bush, 9 December 2003

CD 1
1. Intro
2. Steve McQueen
3. There Goes The Neighborhood
4. My Favorite Mistake
5. C'mon C'mon
6. You're An Original
7. The First Cut Is The Deepest
8. Leaving Las Vegas
9. Strong Enough
10. Redemption Day
11. If It Makes You Happy (with Ronnie Wood)
12. A Change Would Do You Good
13. Home

CD 2
1. All I Wanna Do
2. Soak Up The Sun
3. Everyday Is A Winding Road
4. It Takes A Lot To Laugh (with Ronnie Wood)
5. Losing You (with Ronnie Wood)
6. Safe And Sound

Lineage > CD-R to wave on HD> to FLAC with dBpowerAMP Music Converter

The show is in very good audience, inc. artwork
I hope you enjoy the show

Gr Ray
4th March 2007 07:08 AM
nappyrags
quote:
cabledogg2 wrote:
Pdog wrote...... "The good news is, somewhere there's tapes of this in perfect quality, and all the other stuff Wolfgang has, maybe, one day... ya know

[Edited by cabledogg2]

i thought i read something about them being sued by many of the bands involved saying that wofgang's doesn't have the right to sell these, anyone know anything more on this?
4th March 2007 07:31 AM
andrews27 So, again - what's the rationalization for putting up the lossy Wolfgang's Vault Detroit when bands are threatening to sue WV, while not putting up the lossy Mickboy Tokyo, over which no storm clouds gather? Does alleged rarity decide the question?
4th March 2007 10:12 AM
mac_daddy a couple of things...

there have been two lossy sources for which no lossless sources have surfaced - the bigger bang early mixes and now this detroit 78 show...

i dont see a problem with sharing those original mp3s, however, an mp3 copy of a mp3 copy sucks - and there is ADDITIONAL loss. yet, rather than the original mp3s for a bigger bang mixes, we got someones transcription via itunes, which came complete with microgaps, and lord knows what else was missing, 'cos the mp3s had been mp3'd via itunes. please dont do this - just post the originals...

as for the detroit show, the source seems to be OK, and the stream was captured as well as possible. wolfgang's vault is having trouble selling the downloads, so i doubt the lossless of this will ever be available from wv, but that is my guess...

as for the mickboy thing... i still am unclear whether or not "mickboy" is using lossless minidisc in his process - if he is, the issue is moot. but even if he isnt, i believe (and please correct me if i am wrong) the reason some mickboys arent up on the ro tracker is 'cos they contain material that is commercially available, and to get rid of those tracks, just to post the mickboy extra tracks is kind of a waste. now, when he redoes live gigs, there is no problem, but this is why the exile and black and blue ones (my faves) are not shared on this tracker...

so gazza, since you rec'd the original bigger bang mp3s, is there any way you can repost 'em, or send 'em to me via yousendit, and i will repost them..? i really want the set, but i really would like the original mp3s instead of the itunes transcription (that were created when someone re-mp3'd the mp3 set) that was/is on our tracker...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
4th March 2007 11:43 AM
cabledogg2 The Mickboy remaster in question is one of the bigger Bang Tokyo shows. I don't believe it contained any "OFFICIAL" material.............
4th March 2007 12:08 PM
mac_daddy then i dont see why it couldnt be seeded here...

do we know for a fact that mickboy uses lossy md compression..? there are ways of using the md format in full 44.1 kHz/16 bit...
4th March 2007 02:45 PM
raincoming For those still looking for the Detroit 78 show, the 2 discs in flac (from the lossy stream) are available for download at:
http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?2,659303

raincoming
4th March 2007 08:52 PM
Lazy Bones anyone else running into trouble with the Detroit torrent on this tracker?

I'm not having any luck...

my reply -
java.io.IOException: org.gudy.azureus2.core3.torrent.TOTorrentException: Torrent file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Rick\Application Data\Azureus\active\2326FF27FFCD57F6EB99B3CB7A995822CDA1C7AB.dat' does not exist
4th March 2007 10:51 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
a couple of things...

so gazza, since you rec'd the original bigger bang mp3s, is there any way you can repost 'em, or send 'em to me via yousendit, and i will repost them..? i really want the set, but i really would like the original mp3s instead of the itunes transcription (that were created when someone re-mp3'd the mp3 set) that was/is on our tracker...

Mac, i have the original MP3's. Would it be ok to upload them to the tracker?

As for the Detroit show, I hope we can get a better version.
4th March 2007 11:03 PM
Quiquestone
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
anyone else running into trouble with the Detroit torrent on this tracker?

my reply -
java.io.IOException: org.gudy.azureus2.core3.torrent.TOTorrentException: Torrent file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Rick\Application Data\Azureus\active\2326FF27FFCD57F6EB99B3CB7A995822CDA1C7AB.dat' does not exist

Same problem here Lazy Bones!!!!
4th March 2007 11:17 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
anyone else running into trouble with the Detroit torrent on this tracker?

my reply -

Yeah, I got the same message, Lazy. I've emailed Charlotte.
4th March 2007 11:53 PM
drno12 What about that Naked film.avi????
It should be removed, cause it is either the official Film or the Halcyon release of the Tokyo show on DVD and should be seeded in DVD format!!!
Why don`t people announce their stuff here???????
drno12
5th March 2007 06:20 AM
charlotte Naked film.avi has been removed. GTRM will reload the Detroit torrent...thanks
5th March 2007 08:44 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Why don`t people announce their stuff here???????

that is a very good question. i have no idea as to the answer, but it is a very good question...
5th March 2007 08:46 AM
mac_daddy (sorry for the double post)

gtrm - i think it would be great if you uploaded the originals; if the redone mp3s are ok to upload, then the original mp3 files should definitely be OK.

thanks, in advance
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)