ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Nikki Sudden
Another Goodbye to another good friend
Picture with thanks to mutual friend Axel Schumacher
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Another Jimi Hendrix Biopic Back on Track (SSC) Return to archive
24th March 2006 12:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hendrix Biopic Back on Track

Lenny Kravitz is the favorite to play the rock legend.
Thursday, March 23, 2006

Jimi Hendrix's life and death is set to hit the big screen with Lenny Kravitz the favorite to play the rock legend.

Music impresario Elle Von Lear has acquired the "exclusive authority" to use the name, likeness and performances of Hendrix after a lengthy battle with the rocker's estate - and the first thing she plans to do is make a controversial biopic.

Von Lear, a longtime Hendrix family friend, plans to revisit Hendrix's death, suggesting all was not as it seemed - and she also hopes to include a storyline about the rocker and Sir Mick Jagger teaming up in a recording studio just before he died.

She says, "I know exactly what happened to Jimi Hendrix. I have the autopsy reports and I have unsealed all the court records regarding Jimi Hendrix's legacy. It took years due to all the U.S. and U.K. litigation.

"Our goal is to do a proper major feature film that finally tells the real shocking story (of Jimi's life and death). Now I can do what he intended for his legacy and I plan to start by making a The Doors-type film about Jimi's life.

"It will be heavily music-driven with all those great Hendrix original recordings.

"Right now I'm looking for the right director, but I have David Fincher ('Fight Club') and Dominic Sena ('Swordfish') in mind, and I'm not ruling out Quentin Tarantino or Clint Eastwood.

"I've always liked the idea of Lenny Kravitz playing Jimi, but he might be a bit long in the tooth now. If not him, we'll be looking for an unknown."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2006
24th March 2006 12:36 PM
Break The Spell I've always wondered what what have come out of a Jagger / Hendrix collaboration. Mick would have been in peak form, as they say they planned on working right before Hendrix's death, so this would have been during the Sticky Fingers sessions.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)