ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Nikki Sudden
Another Goodbye to another good friend
Picture with thanks to mutual friend Axel Schumacher
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: R-class Return to archive
23rd March 2006 02:10 PM
charlotte Special Advertisement from Mercedes-Benz

As the Rolling Stones "A Bigger Bang" World Tour draws to a close, something even bigger is about to begin — the Rolling Stones Edition Mercedes-Benz R-Class Auction.

Mercedes-Benz USA is proud to offer this exclusive Rolling Stones Edition R-Class and Fender Telecaster® to help raise funds for Big Brothers Big Sisters, the nation's oldest and largest youth mentoring program. The fully customized R-Class will be auctioned on eBay from April 10th to 20th. All bidders are required to pre-qualify for this auction, so click below to get started.

Through its philanthropic program, Mercedes-Benz USA supports youth — particularly those who are underserved. MBUSA strives to help children develop the skills and tools they need to reach their full potential and become the leaders and success stories of tomorrow.

Complete vehicle customization was provided by Unique Autosports, including paint job and airbrushed artwork by Cycle-Delics, enhanced audio system, interior design and embroidery, wireless DVD system, 22 inch wheel rims by Lowenhart, and Pirelli tires. The original artwork concept was done by Primer, Inc.

This is a rare opportunity to own — and drive — a piece of Rolling Stones history unlike any other — the Rolling Stones Edition Mercedes-Benz R-Class. Register for this exciting event now.

https://www.bidprequalify.com/bpqt/f.php?wid=148

To ensure that our emails reach your inbox, please add [email protected] to your address book.

Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC Customer Assistance Center, 3 Paragon Drive, Montvale, NJ 07645

At Mercedes-Benz, we value your privacy. For more information on the Mercedes-Benz Privacy Policy, please click here.

[Edited by charlotte]
23rd March 2006 02:11 PM
Joey

Thanks Charlotte
( Rocks Off Member ) ......

23rd March 2006 02:22 PM
jb Thanks CHarlotte...I am getting the S550..............
23rd March 2006 02:28 PM
charlotte maybe you can win the bid and give it to your son, he will be driving soon

I think Gazza and Voodoo should show some real loyalty here and be the first to place bids...
[Edited by charlotte]
23rd March 2006 03:22 PM
jb
quote:
charlotte wrote:
maybe you can win the bid and give it to your son, he will be driving soon

I think Gazza and Voodoo should show some real loyalty here and be the first to place bids...
[Edited by charlotte]

He wants a Ferrari........................
23rd March 2006 03:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot That is one ugly fucking car.

Wouldn't an S-class, or one of those roadster convertables been more appropos?

That R-class is the Benz version of a fucking SUV/MINIVAN for fuck sake!

How very un-rock n roll.
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
23rd March 2006 03:39 PM
jb
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
That is one ugly fucking car.

Wouldn't an S-class, or one of those roadster convertables been more appropos?

That R-class is the Benz version of a fucking SUV/MINIVAN for fuck sake!

How very un-rock n roll.
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]

The Beatles are long dead and to even remotely compare their pop crap with the Stones in an insult .........
23rd March 2006 03:43 PM
Sir Stonesalot WTF does that have to do with how un-rock n roll that R-class is?

Baby You Can Drive My Car?
23rd March 2006 03:45 PM
jb
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
WTF does that have to do with how un-rock n roll that R-class is?

Baby You Can Drive My Car?

Is there any great Stones boot you can send me?
23rd March 2006 03:52 PM
Sir Stonesalot My burner is busticated...it'll be a couple of months til I'm back up and running.

I can send you whatever you want, you make the copy, and then just send my copy back to me. I'd do that for you.

But that's only because we drank together, and I trust you.
23rd March 2006 05:34 PM
glencar That is one fugly car. I shall make a bid but give the car away should I win.
23rd March 2006 06:17 PM
Gazza As the Rolling Stones "A Bigger Bang" World Tour draws to a close, something even bigger is about to begin — the Rolling Stones Edition Mercedes-Benz R-Class Auction.

Uh-oh, seems that like previous tours, rs.com considers the tour as good as over once it leaves the US...
23rd March 2006 08:31 PM
stonedinaustralia sadly the reputation of Mercedes has taken a hit since they "hitched up" with Chrysler (circa '96)- engineering has suffered and they are now prepared to compromise their name for the sake of sales - this "stones" mercedes being a great example of that
23rd March 2006 10:18 PM
Sir Stonesalot I don't care about Mercedes image....I care about the Stones image.

And putting their name on a fugly soccer mom car is ridiculous. Benz can make all the fugly soccer mom cars that they want...I just hate to see the words "Rolling Stones" where the "Mercedes Benz" should be. It sucks.

Rolling Stones Inc strikes again!
23rd March 2006 10:58 PM
parmeda SS I agree with you 100%. There's no doubt the marketing department at the helm of the RS' have whored-out the boys. That car is a sin.

SIA you're breaking my heart. I own a Chrysler 300 with the pimped-out Mercedes package.

...it's sweet! Ask LJ, Nanky & TomL, lol
I had those 'whores' toolin' down Michigan Avenue it that baby

23rd March 2006 11:15 PM
glencar I wasn't in it but I saw it. That was no Neon, honey!
24th March 2006 03:10 AM
Highwire Rob Over 40 years of Stones logos and that crystal ball light is the graphic that they put on the car?

Before I bid, I want a friggin huge-ass lapping tongue on mine. On the roof too, like a fully pimped out Mini Cooper.

[Also editing post to check new avatar]
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
24th March 2006 03:36 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
parmeda wrote:
SS I agree with you 100%. There's no doubt the marketing department at the helm of the RS' have whored-out the boys. That car is a sin.

SIA you're breaking my heart. I own a Chrysler 300 with the pimped-out Mercedes package.

...it's sweet! Ask LJ, Nanky & TomL, lol
I had those 'whores' toolin' down Michigan Avenue it that baby

ok Pam i don't mean to harsh your buzz - it's till a merc after all

and SS is right it's more of a prostitution of the stones image as mercedes

a real "lose/lose situation"

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)