ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Nikki Sudden
Another Goodbye to another good friend
Picture with thanks to mutual friend Axel Schumacher
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Aussie support announced and new tix onsale Return to archive
22nd March 2006 10:00 PM
Daethgod
THE ROLLING STONES

‘A BIGGER BANG’ WORLD TOUR

Sydney and Melbourne

NEW SEATS JUST RELEASED!

SPECIAL GUESTS CONFIRMED!

THE LIVING END IN SYDNEY AND AIRBOURNE IN MELBOURNE!

In just under three weeks time the ROLLING STONES will be arriving in Sydney to kick off the Australian leg of the "A Bigger Bang" World Tour. Now that the production details are finalised and sightlines are even better than anticipated, promoter Paul Dainty is pleased to announce that excellent tickets for both Sydney and Melbourne concerts, may now be released for public sale!

Australian fans wishing to purchase tickets for the Sydney Telstra Stadium concert on April 11th and the Melbourne Rod Laver Arena concert on April 13th can do so by phoning Ticketek on 132 849 or go to ticketek.com.

‘A Bigger Bang’ World Tour opened in Boston in August 2005 and ever since critics and fans have been in agreement about their admiration and the sheer excitement that continues to characterize the live Rolling Stones experience. The tour has been attended by more than one and a half million people making ‘A Bigger Bang’ the most successful U.S. tour of all time. Just last month, the band performed for 2 million people at their free concert in Rio de Janeiro, which marked the half way point in their world tour.

Continuing their tradition of bringing some of the hottest acts – both legendary and new – to their fans, The "Rolling Stones: A Bigger Bang" World Tour announced today that multi-platinum selling rockers THE LIVING END will be their special guests at their Sydney concert and their guests in Melbourne will be AIRBOURNE.

It was more than a decade ago that a Melbourne rockabilly covers outfit called the Runaway Boys wrote a bunch of original tunes and changed their name to THE LIVING END. Ten and a bit years later, that same band have racked up a quintuple-platinum album, two platinum and five gold records, won three ARIA awards, countless other accolades and gathered fans all over the world. It has been a great start to the year for the band, with their album State Of Emergency debuting at #1 on the Australian ARIA Chart, their single Wake Up #1 most requested song on Channel [V] and a whopping 6 Jack Award nominations. Fresh off the plane from performances at the SxSW Festival in Austin Texas, THE LIVING END are guitarist Chris Cheney, bass player Scott Owen and drummer Andy Strachan.

A great Rock & Roll band leaves you feeling like you’ve just been hit over the head with a big hard dose of rock, they give you such a good time that you just can’t help but grin from ear to ear, and like nothing you ever experience again will feel the same. That is AIRBOURNE. Aged between 18-22 one would think that Joel & Ryan (brothers), Roadsy & Streety just haven’t had the years to have the kind of rock ‘sixth sense’ that they have, but with hair flying and guitars blazing AIRBOURNE know how to tear up a stage as well as any of the rock greats.

SYDNEY TELSTRA STADIUM TUESDAY 11 APRIL

MELBOURNE ROD LAVER ARENA THURSDAY 13 APRIL

Tickets through www.ticketek.com or 132 849

ON SALE NOW

22nd March 2006 10:22 PM
Mottrush
Thanks Daeth.

Don't suppose those tickets turned up in the mail today??

22nd March 2006 10:24 PM
Daethgod not yet

i reckon next week, looks good tho

heard this today :

"Melbourne tickets have been received in their AUS office and will be posted shortly and you will get an email when they are posted.

Sydney tickets are expected in their AUS office tomorrow and will be posted AFTER Melbourne and will get an email when they are posted. "

22nd March 2006 11:31 PM
Mottrush
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
not yet

i reckon next week, looks good tho

heard this today :

"Melbourne tickets have been received in their AUS office and will be posted shortly and you will get an email when they are posted.

Sydney tickets are expected in their AUS office tomorrow and will be posted AFTER Melbourne and will get an email when they are posted. "

Lets hope so mate. I'm getting mighty anxious!!

Cheers,

Mottrush

22nd March 2006 11:52 PM
StickyFishFingers Block A2 row K Diamond tix still available on ticketek.
23rd March 2006 12:16 AM
RSRTG
quote:
StickyFishFingers wrote:
Block A2 row K Diamond tix still available on ticketek.

for sydney??????
23rd March 2006 03:56 AM
StickyFishFingers Yup.
I checked online to try and getter better tix at the gold and premium price - no luck, but i had the chance to buy 3 block A5 row U tix at $400 each doh. I was frantically trying to get hold of my friends who i am going with before committing to buy them. My 10 mins expired while waiting for them to ring me back. Last checked an hour ago and Block A2 row was still available at Diamond prices.
23rd March 2006 04:56 AM
MarshallG Visa Entertainment have more Sydney (only) seats going for $550.

Section A6 is up for grabs.

23rd March 2006 05:11 AM
StickyFishFingers I just bought 3 premium tix in section A-1. I'm happy with these coz they're closer to the stage than the ones i got thru the fan club (105-1) & they're on Keith's side of the stage.

I'm going to sell my other 3 now - at the price i paid for them.
23rd March 2006 05:40 AM
exile no "New" Jet then
23rd March 2006 06:36 AM
albert very good support act The Living End!!
I like them very much.

Albert
Holland
23rd March 2006 07:34 AM
exile I like them too. I just thought they were going to pull out an unknown like Jet, and kick start their career.

Heard JET said their new album is going to be heaps better than "Get Born". must be under some pressure hey. from the record company at least.

23rd March 2006 08:03 AM
Daethgod Airborne are the 'new' Jet
retro rock sound
they sound so like AC/DC its scary
23rd March 2006 08:11 AM
StickyFishFingers Hey Daeth I haven't heard any of Airborne's music yet but i've been told by those who have that they are way better than Jet & have also been around longer than Jet. Is this true?

I'm predicting a Jet v Airborne rivalry happening within the next few months, going by the media buzz around Airborne.
23rd March 2006 10:34 AM
jb Hats off to our Australain friends....my post seemed to really turn the tide as far as sales go..........hope all are safe after terrible Cyclone....god bless all(from the whiny Jew)...
[Edited by jb]
23rd March 2006 10:52 AM
glencar There was a whiny jew at the Waldbaum's supermarket the other day. You ain't one of those Joshy. I've known you all these years.
23rd March 2006 11:04 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
There was a whiny jew at the Waldbaum's supermarket the other day. You ain't one of those Joshy. I've known you all these years.

see PM.........<>
23rd March 2006 11:07 AM
glencar I will in a sec.
23rd March 2006 11:09 AM
glencar Joshy, see PM!
23rd March 2006 03:59 PM
Daethgod ive got a couple of Airborne tracks here, i will try and work out how to upload them somewhere, or email me if u want them and i can send over an mp3

[email protected]

*Remove PENIS to email

:P

23rd March 2006 06:19 PM
corgi37 The world needs whiny Jews.
24th March 2006 01:13 AM
Daethgod kinda off topic...
dude - understatement of the year

"Aussie support announced and new tix onsale"

24th March 2006 01:30 AM
exile whoa...

Im not getting involved in that
[Edited by exile]
24th March 2006 02:59 AM
pdog Oz will get Satisfaction, very soon!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)