ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Nikki Sudden
Another Goodbye to another good friend
Picture with thanks to mutual friend Axel Schumacher
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Yoko Ono Condemns "Tasteless" John Lennon Seance (nsc) Return to archive
22nd March 2006 08:45 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Yoko Ono Condemns "Tasteless" John Lennon Seance
Called it "exploitative"...

by Daniel Melia on 3/22/2006
gigwise.com

Yoko Ono has attacked an American TV companies plans to try and contact the spirit of John Lennon by means of a live séance.

As previously reported on Gigwise the US company In Demand is broadcasting the event live with a subscription charge next month.

Ono has now now come out and criticised the project, in a statement released by her spokesman Elliot Mintz she called it “tasteless” reports the BBC.

She said: "John Lennon was an amazing communicator of heart, mind and spirit. He still speaks to those who choose to listen to his recordings. That was the medium he chose to speak with us."

Adding: "The proposed show strikes me as being tasteless, tacky and exploitative."

The producers of the programme have continually defended it after it was attacked by critics, they had previously filmed a similar attempt to contact Princess Diana.
22nd March 2006 08:55 AM
Break The Spell She would have a change of heart if she found a way to get some cash out of it. It don't matter, she's already set for life.
22nd March 2006 09:30 AM
lotsajizz i.e. "pot calls kettle black"

22nd March 2006 08:05 PM
MrPleasant Unlike Yoko, John had a sense of humor. ("I'm going to be a 90 y/old guru!")
22nd March 2006 10:48 PM
pdog Yoko!!!
23rd March 2006 11:58 AM
Child of the Moon
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

She said: "John Lennon was an amazing communicator of heart, mind and spirit. He still speaks to those who choose to listen to his recordings. That was the medium he chose to speak with us."

"So go out and buy his albums. All of them. He would have wanted it that way. It's okay, most record stores take cash or credit. Seriously. I need to add a new wing to the house, so start snapping up those copies of Double Fantasy."
23rd March 2006 12:04 PM
glencar LOL Ordinarily, I'd take her side but she's lost all credibilty on the streets of Long Island. And the streets of love, come to think.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)