ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Nikki Sudden
Another Goodbye to another good friend
Picture with thanks to mutual friend Axel Schumacher
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: new aussie Stones single goes to radio Return to archive
22nd March 2006 12:46 AM
Daethgod i thought it would be Dangerous Beauty,

but

Biggest Mistake is the latest single from A Bigger Bang !

: )

at least all formats can play it
22nd March 2006 01:18 AM
exile should be ONNYA

is there any single album art or anything for BMOML
22nd March 2006 01:33 AM
pdog Is this a single release or just radio airplay?
22nd March 2006 01:34 AM
Daethgod we got it on plain disc

paper cover mentions tour dates and that its the 3rd single from ABB
22nd March 2006 02:51 AM
corgi37 Oh God, does that mean they'll play it live?
22nd March 2006 07:05 AM
Break The Spell Another not so great choice for a single. I still can't believe they didn't release ONNYA or It Won't Take Long as a single. Hopefully the single does well so at least the album gets some deserved attention.
22nd March 2006 07:41 AM
Gazza Stones singles sell badly enough as it is already without them releasing ONNYA, which will have to be heavily censored to get ANY airplay at all

I've heard Biggest Mistake on the radio over here in the last couple of weeks, so its been evident for a while it will be the next single

arguing about what should be the next single is a moot point anyway. Regardless of what it is, it wont sell. The only chance of that happening will be in whatever country theyre playing at that time (except for the US for some weird reason)
22nd March 2006 07:45 AM
Break The Spell I know the single won't sell, but if they would pick one of the better songs to release, at least it will have a chance of bringing more attention to A Bigger Bang. Outside of the fans, many didn't even know the Stones had a new album out until they saw them live, or for some until they saw the Superbowl halftime. Any attention from a good single, no matter what it will sell, will be good for ABB.
22nd March 2006 08:23 AM
Gazza
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Outside of the fans, many didn't even know the Stones had a new album out until they saw them live

not to appear pedantic, but wouldnt it be reasonable to expect that the people who saw them live were actually 'fans' ?

I just find it hard to grasp the idea that anyone paying the amount of money that the Stones ask for a ticket would be so clueless as to be totally unaware that they have a new album - unless its the corporate mob you mean who probably couldnt name any Rolling Stones song released after 1981.

In which case, why pander to those tossbags...
22nd March 2006 08:43 AM
tumbling dice
Biggest Mistake is much better than Streets of love. I like it and all my friends like it.The song got the same feeling of Let Me Down Slow,but it not so good.
22nd March 2006 08:57 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Gazza wrote:

unless its the corporate mob you mean who probably couldnt name any Rolling Stones song released after 1981.

In which case, why pander to those tossbags...

Thats exactly the type of people I was speaking of, I saw it first hand at a few shows I attended last fall. Not only did they not know about ABB, but I also had to tell them about Bridges To Babylon and the four "new" tracks on 40 Licks.
22nd March 2006 02:30 PM
riccardo I wonder what's the B side?
22nd March 2006 02:43 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
riccardo wrote:
I wonder what's the B side?

Blondie Chaplin's acapella version of "Hey Negrita".
22nd March 2006 02:56 PM
Jumping Jack At least you won't have to listen to RFD in concert.
22nd March 2006 06:07 PM
Soldatti Not a good choice, it won't do anything for the album. Sadly, no song on ABB will move the album.
22nd March 2006 06:16 PM
Saint Sway only way any crap from this record is getting into constant rotation is if Mick is willing to cough up some payola

I say just do it!
22nd March 2006 06:25 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
only way any crap from this record is getting into constant rotation is if Mick is willing to cough up some payola

I say just do it!

A bit late I say, the album came out 7 months ago and the first single exactly 8 months ago today. It's all over now.
22nd March 2006 06:38 PM
Saint Sway they should of coughed up the cash to get RJ played at the start. Would of been pretty cool to have a new rocker from the stones getting constant airplay.

by the time they played RJ at the Super Bowl most people still hadnt even heard the song
22nd March 2006 07:45 PM
glencar RFD was played in Tokyo...
22nd March 2006 08:23 PM
corgi37 Why bother? I mean, really, whats the frigging point?
22nd March 2006 08:34 PM
Soldatti
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Why bother? I mean, really, whats the frigging point?

It seems that Virgin don't know what to do with the remaining 500,000 untouched copies in the US stores. I don't know how many copies of the current best selling albums are on stores, compared to ABB. I can't think on another Platinum certified album that barely moved 500k, one of the biggest overshipped album of the last years.
23rd March 2006 06:34 AM
IanBillen
Again,

We are missing the point. ABB wasn't designed to be a real radio friendly outing. RJ is a good tune. But sadly, Don't Stop is more radio friendly than that. Even though RJ may be a better song.

The Stones knew this and so did Virgin. You really can't get radio play from singles that just are not designed for it so they figured why waist cash on something that is not likely in the first place. At first I was surprised at how horrible the promotion for this album was going. But IMHO the song that was radio friendly enough was SOL. Like it or not, it is the most single releasable tune on the album. No question. They had it and it didn't do real well. Stuffing radio stations pockets to play a tune that isn't gonna grab anyones real attention would of just put Virgin out of more money they could stuff in their pocket. They know this.

Ian

23rd March 2006 06:37 AM
IanBillen [quote]Soldatti wrote:

It seems that Virgin don't know what to do with the remaining 500,000 untouched copies in the US stores. I don't know how many copies of the current best selling albums are on stores, compared to ABB. I can't think on another Platinum certified album that barely moved 500k, one of the biggest overshipped album of the last years.

Record clubs will finally get a good share of them at the end of this year.

Ian
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)