ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Nikki Sudden
Another Goodbye to another good friend
Picture with thanks to mutual friend Axel Schumacher
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bruce Springsteen.... Return to archive Page: 1 2
21st March 2006 06:53 PM
RollingstonesUSA My new girlfriend really digs him, what album should I start out getting and listening too....
21st March 2006 06:55 PM
pdog Born To Run Box Set, a must have. 2 DVD's and excellent remaster of the CD.
21st March 2006 07:06 PM
RollingstonesUSA Thanks!
21st March 2006 07:08 PM
Saint Sway I think you'd be better off with a new girlfriend
21st March 2006 07:16 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I think you'd be better off with a new girlfriend

lol, i'm tryin, i'm tryin....
21st March 2006 07:16 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I think you'd be better off with a new girlfriend

LMAO

Darkness On The Edge Of Town, for people who can't even stand him.
21st March 2006 07:29 PM
Gazza
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
My new girlfriend really digs him, what album should I start out getting and listening too....

all of them

and then go after the bootlegs
21st March 2006 07:32 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Gazza wrote:

all of them

and then go after the bootlegs

Oh by the way, I now own every Van Morrison album, thanks GAZZA!!!!
21st March 2006 07:42 PM
Gazza Good man. I'd forgot I'd recommended a few.

I like the new one!
21st March 2006 07:47 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Good man. I'd forgot I'd recommended a few.

I like the new one!

You are a musical genius!
21st March 2006 07:59 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
My new girlfriend really digs him, what album should I start out getting and listening too....

for you, considering the reason that you want to hear his music, i would suggest Tunnel of Love - if you stick together and you both have a reasonable understanding of the moral and emotional underpinnings of the album then you will both know that neither of you is to be trusted either by the other or themselves - all the heat of any disagreement or disappointment will turn to the vapour of futility and indifference and you will just get on with things one way or the other

at this stage don't get too pumped up on "Born to Run" - it will start out as fun but soon end in tears and recriminations with no guarantee there will be a time when you can sit around and listen to "Darkness on the Edge of Town" together, exchanging knowing glances

if you just want to dance with her so you can get her in the sack then "Pink Cadillac" is hard to beat!!

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
21st March 2006 08:07 PM
ebmp Bruce Springsteen is AMAZING, Top 3 in my book

First of all get the Live 75-85 box set, you´ll be hooked

Then get Born To Run (that album is worth by Jungleland alone), Darkness on The Edge of Town, The River.

After that, there´s no way back :P
21st March 2006 08:56 PM
Soldatti Get Born To Run and The River.
21st March 2006 09:43 PM
Egbert Have any of his older albums other than Born To Run been recently remastered?
21st March 2006 10:10 PM
Zack Why isn't anyone recommending he play "cuddle up angel, cuddle up my little dove" from Tunnel of Love for his new chick?

21st March 2006 10:10 PM
Zack Doh! Sorry SIA. You said it. It's early in the morning where I am.
21st March 2006 11:06 PM
GotToRollMe "The Wild, the Innocent and the E Street Shuffle" (side two).
22nd March 2006 12:18 AM
pdog
quote:
Egbert wrote:
Have any of his older albums other than Born To Run been recently remastered?

Not yet, hopefully soon.
22nd March 2006 03:50 AM
Child of the Moon
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
"The Wild, the Innocent and the E Street Shuffle" (side two).

FUCK YEAH!

One of the most beautiful, breathtaking sides ever committed to vinyl, IMO. The sweeping grandeur of Incident on 57th Street, the heart-stopping, "Hell yeah!" feel of Rosalita, and the dream-like beauty of New York City Serenade... oh, what a record!
22nd March 2006 04:54 AM
Gazza
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:

FUCK YEAH!

One of the most beautiful, breathtaking sides ever committed to vinyl, IMO. The sweeping grandeur of Incident on 57th Street, the heart-stopping, "Hell yeah!" feel of Rosalita, and the dream-like beauty of New York City Serenade... oh, what a record!

perfecto, indeed
22nd March 2006 06:56 AM
Break The Spell The first two albums, along with "Darkness On The edge Of Town" are some of my favorites and great places to start. "Live 1975-85" is what to go to next to get an idea of what the live show is like, you have to hear his live stuff to really get him.
22nd March 2006 07:25 AM
Nellcote Jump right in to The River, a double lp kaleidoscope of all his stylings.
CAUTION: You may want to choose the right moment to play
"I Wanna Marry You" if this flame is a new arrival..
Otherwise, it's a Wicked Pissa set...
Rock On!
22nd March 2006 10:01 AM
rasputin56 Darkness, Nebraska and River, in that order. Then fill in the blanks going from early to latest. Skip the 75-85 set. It really should have been named 84-85 as most of the recordings were from the BITUSA tour. For the true live experience, a must get is the Winterland recording from 1978. If there ever was one show that captured the true Springsteen, that's it.
22nd March 2006 10:14 AM
Madafaka The only thing that I got from BS is this:

22nd March 2006 10:53 PM
Lethargy
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

They all suck so bad, and Bruce is such an asshole to boot, it's hard to make specific recommendations for your girlfriend.
23rd March 2006 08:03 AM
ebmp yeah, I´m sure you have listened to all of them to make this comment
24th March 2006 06:59 AM
Wayneowl Get 'Nebraska', then 'Born To Run', and rthen d/load 'Summertime Bruce' from Dime or some other site like Jungleland, or get the Largo '78 2 DVD if ya got the bandwidth
24th March 2006 09:49 AM
Gazza
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Jump right in to The River, a double lp kaleidoscope of all his stylings.
CAUTION: You may want to choose the right moment to play
"I Wanna Marry You" if this flame is a new arrival..
Otherwise, it's a Wicked Pissa set...
Rock On!

Bruce may have made better records, but that is quite simply, the one album that changed my life - and reminds me more of my youth than any record by anyone else.

(you can tell I'm listening to it as I type this..)

It was also followed by the greatest tour by any artist - ever.
[Edited by Gazza]
24th March 2006 10:00 AM
stonedinaustralia never play "nebraska" on a first date

unless under heavy circumstances

or else you will be ohama'd!!

[img}picture of omaha on a dog day afternoon[ img]
24th March 2006 10:25 AM
Honky Tonk Man I was listening to Bruce’s Essential Collection last night. I'm not a huge fan, but some of those songs are amazing. Thunder Road and Jungle Land are probably my favourites on disc 1, with Tunnel Of Love being my favourite on disc 2. If your unsure of him, Id just get that one.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)