ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Nikki Sudden
Another Goodbye to another good friend
Picture with thanks to mutual friend Axel Schumacher
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New to DVD burners...I have questions Return to archive
20th March 2006 06:01 PM
Paranoid_Android I currently have a dvd-rom in my comuter...but I want to upgrade it to a dvd burner...what should i get...Internal...external...DVD-...DVD+...RW...I just dont get it...duel layer? No idea...I want to burn some shows off Azurius...copy some movies possibly...download some photos to creat photo albums of my kids, etc...
any other features I might want or should have?

Thank you for the help
20th March 2006 06:18 PM
Carlos Pigozzi Well ....... I can help you ( I guess ). Not need to buy an external one due they're expensive ( unless you want to record to DVD files, movies, etc from some friend's computer that do not have DVD burner, if not, not worthy at all ).

Second, a dual layer burner would be good but I haven't seen many dual DVDs to download on the sites we all know for example, plus I have been told that most of DVD players have compatibility issue with dual discs at the moment .... anyway, if there's not an important difference with single layer burners I'll get a dual layer DVD+r/-r.

If you want to get a single layer get a DVD+r/-r recorder.

As a side note I only have a +r recorder and that's all I need. I have never been in the need of record -r discs. The only " advantage " I can see between DVD+r/-r and just +r recorders is, if you go to shop and you want to buy +r discs and they just have -r discs, you don't need to go to another shop to get +r discs, cause you can burn them both. Aside of that, with only a +r recorder you'll be satisfied. ( Plus +r discs burn faster than -r )
[Edited by Carlos Pigozzi]
20th March 2006 07:30 PM
Jumping Jack Buy a Sony DL 16x internal burner that comes bundled with Nero software for free.
21st March 2006 01:39 PM
Bloozehound I just got a phat new laptop with a dvd burner and I've been trying to download some DVDs off the Dime and I'm having trouble, I'm new to this DVD thing

What software program do y'all guys use convert the DVD files from the online bootleg sites like Dime a dozen

Anybody got the hook up ?

23rd March 2006 11:42 AM
Paranoid_Android Carlos & Jack...thank you so much...this helps quite a bit!!
23rd March 2006 11:46 AM
glencar I just buy new PC's every few years. I can't handle all that external crap.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)