ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympic Sound or Pye Studios, London - November 1966
© The Conway Picture Library
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "OUT FOR BLOOD" Toronto Question Return to archive
March 19th, 2005 08:17 AM
gord0912 I need a little help regarding a Rolling Stones concert. I recently downloaded OUT FOR BLOOD, Toronto 1994 from Easytree. The disc is credited as being recorded at the CNE Stadium and even has a scan of a ticket stub. The thing is that I was positive that the show was at the Toronto Sky Dome, can someone confirm that this show was at the CNE?

Thanks

Gordon
March 19th, 2005 08:22 AM
M.O.W.A.T. What is the date of the show? If it was either Aug. 19 or 20, it was at the CNE.
March 19th, 2005 08:29 AM
gord0912 It was the 19’Th. Thanks for the fast reply and confirmation.
Did the Stones return to Toronto on that tour?

Gordon
March 19th, 2005 08:50 AM
gimmekeef It was a Friday night Aug 19th at the old CNE Stadium during the National Fair.They also played in the rain the following night there as well.I was at the 19th show with friends and family as we moved to Atlanta the next day.It was our going away party!...
March 19th, 2005 10:51 AM
glencar I bought that bootleg back in '95. I wasn't impressed with the sound but the package was well-done.
March 19th, 2005 11:17 AM
Cocaine Eyes
quote:
gord0912 wrote:
It was the 19’Th. Thanks for the fast reply and confirmation.
Did the Stones return to Toronto on that tour?

Gordon

Yes they returned for two more shows.
March 19th, 2005 03:45 PM
Gazza Just one, actually - at the Skydome on December 3rd

http://www.rocksoff.org/1994b.htm

Maybe you're mixing it up with the '89 tour, when they played two shows at the start of the tour at Exhibition Stadium in early September and then returned for two more at the Skydome in December
March 19th, 2005 07:21 PM
Make It Funky well, having been to all of those shows... here's a list:

September 3 & 4, 1989 @ Exhibition
December 3 & 4, 1989, @ SkyDome (Now the Rogers centre)
August 19 & 20, 1994 @ Exhibition (w/ Stone Temple Pilots)
December 4, 1994 @ SkyDome.
April 19, 1998 @ SkyDome
February 6th 1999 @ Air Canada Centre
October 2002 at SkyDome and ACC...

March 19th, 2005 07:38 PM
Cocaine Eyes Gazza is right, I'm confused.
March 20th, 2005 08:28 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Make It Funky wrote:
February 6th 1999 @ Air Canada Centre

Off topic for this thread, but the NO SECURITY show in Toronto was Thursday, 25 Feb 1999 - not 6th Feb. Big Sugar opened.

Gazza's right about the late show that year being 3 December at the SkyDome (now, Rogers Centre). Gord and GK are right, the show, however, that Out For Blood is from is 19th August - the first of two shows at the C.N.E. (Canadian National Exhibition).
March 20th, 2005 07:25 PM
gord0912 Thanks to all for clarifying the dates. I knew I saw them at the Dome

Gordon
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood