ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympic Sound or Pye Studios, London - November 1966
© The Conway Picture Library
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New tour story (from the independent) Return to archive
March 18th, 2005 06:47 PM
Soldatti Mick leaps at the chance of a new Stones world tour
By Oliver Marre
18 March 2005

* The Rolling Stones' "Forty Licks" world tour was described as their "valedictory", and since it finished in the summer of 2003, it has been understood that they will not travel the globe together again.

But thanks to an impromptu arrangement struck backstage last Sunday at the Theatre Royal in London between Ronnie Wood, far right, and Mick Jagger, near right, the busses are being dusted down and the amplifiers tested for their seventh worldwide series of concerts.

"They had felt enough was enough and were resisting pressure to tour again," says a friend of Wood's.

"But then Ronnie performed a private gig on Sunday. Mick was in the audience and suddenly leaped up in front of everyone to jam with his old mate.

"It gave them a taste of what it was like to be back on stage again together and they decided that they'd go for it."

It is understood that the band - who are recording a new album - will start the tour in September.

They will begin in America before travelling through Europe and finishing in the UK. It has not yet been officially announced only because details have to be arranged.

"The tour is definitely taking place," confirms a source close to Mick Jagger. "Now it's a case of hammering out an exact itinerary and making sure all their diaries are in synch."

March 18th, 2005 06:52 PM
Poplar
I don't know about that account. That doesn't sound right at all.
March 18th, 2005 06:59 PM
Gazza Wow....and the whole idea for a tour JUST came up because of that guest appearance last Sunday

Who would have thought it?

What a load of cock....
March 18th, 2005 07:01 PM
egon as long as they DO tour again, anyone can say anything for all i care
March 18th, 2005 07:10 PM
littleredrooster Talk about BULLSHIT!

I believe that the Arizona tour kickoff in Tempe had MORE credence!
March 18th, 2005 07:32 PM
JumpingKentFlash
quote:
Gazza wrote:

What a load of cock....

Oh I love it when you speak dirty.
March 18th, 2005 07:39 PM
glencar I always thought the Independent was supposed to be somewhat reliable. I guess not.
March 18th, 2005 10:25 PM
Poison Dart This story is complete bullshit.

Trust Me.
March 18th, 2005 10:52 PM
MP Anyone with half a brain knows this is bullshit.

...speaking of whacked reporters....one of the Boston papers was talking about Fenway, referred to Jagger as being 65 years old.
March 19th, 2005 08:56 AM
gimmekeef Yes BS for sure...There's no tour until Charlie nods his head......
March 19th, 2005 02:13 PM
Gazza
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
This story is complete bullshit.

Trust Me.

thanks for reassuring us!
March 19th, 2005 02:26 PM
kath what a happy coincidence that mick should just happen to be in the audience and then just decide, just off the cuff you understand, to surprise ronnie and leap onstage and start a sing-along.

wow. what a guy. and what a lucky, lucky twist of fate.
March 19th, 2005 06:13 PM
glencar Say, are you being sarcastic or sumfin?
March 20th, 2005 06:28 PM
kath moi???
March 20th, 2005 09:10 PM
Make It Funky Yeah, and as if Mick would even remember the lyrics to a song like DANCE without proper rehearsal and teleprompters!? Too funny... OR was it Dance Pt. 2??? ;-)
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood