ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympic Sound or Pye Studios, London - November 1966
© The Conway Picture Library
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Blind Faith "Hyde Park 1969" DVD (SSC) Return to archive
March 18th, 2005 09:54 AM
justinkurian Blind Faith "Hyde Park 1969" to be released 30 May

Blind Faith - Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker, Steve Winwood, and Rick Grech - were rock's first supergroup. After more than 35 years, their debut concert in London's Hyde Park on 7 June 1969 will be released on DVD. "Hyde Park 1969" hits shelves 30 May. Running time: 58 minutes (all regions).

The concert has never been seen in its entirety. Blind Faith's set was only 40 minutes long, but the audience was treated to now-classic tracks like "Presence of the Lord", "Sleeping In The Ground", and a cover of the Rolling Stone's "Under My Thumb".

"Hyde Park 1969" also has archive footage of the various members of Blind Faith performing within their earlier musical guises. Clips of the Spencer Davies Group, Traffic, Family and Cream performing serve as a prelude to Blind Faith's first concert. The DVD also boasts other "Extras".

Running Time: 58 minutes (all regions).

Track List for the Blind Faith Concert is:

Well All Right
Sea Of Joy
Sleeping In The Ground
Under My Thumb
Can't Find My Way Home
Do What You Like
Presence Of The Lord
Means To An End
Had To Cry Today
March 18th, 2005 10:07 AM
J.J.Flash Sounds great! WOW!! I was wondering why they still haven't released the whole footage. Damn.... I want the whole Stones' gig at Hyde Park.
March 18th, 2005 10:38 AM
justinkurian Does anyone know who sang "Under My Thumb" at the Blind Faith gig? Was it Clapton or Winwood?
March 18th, 2005 11:49 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
justinkurian wrote:
Does anyone know who sang "Under My Thumb" at the Blind Faith gig? Was it Clapton or Winwood?

As far as know, it was Steve Winwood. And by the way..... holy Jesus...."Can't find my way home" is heavenly, not just by his vocals, but mostly because Clapton's guitar work!
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
March 18th, 2005 06:10 PM
Soldatti Great, I will buy it for Clapton's performance.
March 18th, 2005 06:17 PM
justinkurian Does anyone have a boot of this? Going off of memory, I thought the gig was a "disaster"...I forget where I heard that, though. Might have been that Clapton: Legends special on VH1 a few years back.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood