ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympic Sound or Pye Studios, London - November 1966
© The Conway Picture Library
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Charlie Watts: The Flawless Stone Return to archive Page: 1 2
March 19th, 2005 01:33 AM
voodoopug
quote:
kath wrote:
remember when they opened with "not fade away" and you could hear charlie POUNDING those drums before you saw mick or keef or ronnie......it was awesome!!

i remember

March 19th, 2005 02:41 AM
gorda Yes! Charlie is so cool!

Always so calm.

Good father and faithful husband!

Plus, he answer his fan mail!

Out of all the Stones, he is the only one that responded!

(Or his secretary? ) Anyways, I got a signed autographed 8x10 black and white photo of Charlie!
[Edited by gorda]
March 20th, 2005 04:28 AM
Brainbell Jangler Charlie is it, alright. Perhaps my greatest Stones moment was when he hit me in the forearm with a tossed drumstick in Portland during the Bridges tour. I think if there was one good line in the much reviled "Old Gods" book, it was the idea that the key to understanding the Stones is that Mick wants to be Keith but they all want to be Charlie.
March 20th, 2005 06:24 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
Charlie is it, alright. Perhaps my greatest Stones moment was when he hit me in the forearm with a tossed drumstick in Portland during the Bridges tour. I think if there was one good line in the much reviled "Old Gods" book, it was the idea that the key to understanding the Stones is that Mick wants to be Keith but they all want to be Charlie.

Great story dude!

But did you get the drumstick after all?

March 20th, 2005 01:55 PM
kath hey, i was at both portland b2b shows!!! was that you???

))
March 20th, 2005 03:32 PM
Brainbell Jangler I was at both Portland shows, too. Friday in the stands, Saturday night in the fifth row. When Mick threw his water glass into the crowd, I jumped up to catch it but only clipped it with my fingers. And no, jj, I didn't catch the drumstick. I made the mistake of staring at Keith instead of Charlie when they were taking their bows. What did I think Keith was going to do, throw his guitar? Anyway, I didn't see the stick until it hit my left forearm and glanced off, sliding under the seats to be grabbed by a guy two rows back. If I'd seen it coming, a slight shift to the left would have landed it in my bread basket. Live and learn.
March 20th, 2005 05:11 PM
kath damn!! so close!! portland was awesome, wasn't it? jonny lang kicked some ass!!! first night i had no idea who he was, second night i was telling everybody to get into the venue and hang on!!
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood