ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympic Sound or Pye Studios, London - November 1966
© The Conway Picture Library
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How soon the pirates make profit from Woody and Fiends Return to archive Page: 1 2
March 17th, 2005 10:47 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Btw, if anyone wants to have the show in a lossless format I could send it to anyone if he has ICQ, MSN Messenger or AIM.
The file is only 40 MB big.

40 megs..? lossless..? how is that possible..?
March 18th, 2005 09:49 AM
Monkeytonkman lots of people bitching on this thread about pirates - does that mean that no-one here owns bootlegs? or is it because it is a personal insult to have your own hard work ripped off?

Chill out, can't beleive some of you are thinking of reporting this guy. Does that mean you are also going to hand over all of your unauthorised material because it is immoral and wrong?

Talk about all the old hippies turning into yuppies.
March 18th, 2005 10:12 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Monkeytonkman wrote:
lots of people bitching on this thread about pirates - does that mean that no-one here owns bootlegs? or is it because it is a personal insult to have your own hard work ripped off?

Chill out, can't beleive some of you are thinking of reporting this guy. Does that mean you are also going to hand over all of your unauthorised material because it is immoral and wrong?

Talk about all the old hippies turning into yuppies.

i agree it is a fine line to cross. I think folks just get upset to see other fans getting "ripped off" in their eyes. Now I most certainly would be upset if someone was selling a bootleg with my screenname or real name on the artwork for sure. But the best thing to do is just ignore them and trust Karma. Real fans like us look after each other and share the music.
March 18th, 2005 10:18 AM
Gazza I'm a million miles from being a hippy...lol

I don't buy bootlegs as a rule,myself. Don't believe in it. Everything I get or distribute is either for free, through B&P or in trades. Absolutely no problems about other people doing so, if thats what they want to do with their money.

There's a question of honour, though. It's bad form to get something in a trade for nothing and then to sell it off for profit. The guy's advertising for someone to send him a copy of the show, and not mentioning the fact that he's a bootlegger and that he's going to be re-selling said recording. Somehow I doubt that the person sending him the CD would be aware of this and would themselves be getting a cut out of it. Had he recorded the gig himself and then sold it - fair enough. I just think he's a shit.
March 18th, 2005 10:36 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I'm a million miles from being a hippy...lol

I don't buy bootlegs as a rule,myself. Don't believe in it. Everything I get or distribute is either for free, through B&P or in trades. Absolutely no problems about other people doing so, if thats what they want to do with their money.

There's a question of honour, though. It's bad form to get something in a trade for nothing and then to sell it off for profit. The guy's advertising for someone to send him a copy of the show, and not mentioning the fact that he's a bootlegger and that he's going to be re-selling said recording. Somehow I doubt that the person sending him the CD would be aware of this and would themselves be getting a cut out of it. Had he recorded the gig himself and then sold it - fair enough. I just think he's a shit.

i fully agree that it was a shitty move! it is crap like this that has forced me to take on very few new traders in the last few years. Because of pricks like him, i am now forced to establish trust with a trader before i swap. 3-4 years back i would give new traders plenty of opportunities, but i became disheartened when i seen artwork i made on ebay once, so i stopped trading unless it was with someone who is established on RO or SDB

Gazza, we should find this guy, rip his eyes out and stick them up his ass so that he can see us kicking the crap out of him. Directly afterwards we can rip out his tongue and use it to paint my boat!

I didnt want you to think that this backstabber didnt irk me as well!
March 18th, 2005 10:37 AM
JumpingKentFlash It's a disgrace really....
March 18th, 2005 10:39 AM
voodoopug
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
It's a disgrace really....

your picture under your sig is a bit frightening, looks like you are being photographed to be part of a wanted poster.

As i have included your request to jb to "fuck a frige" it is only fair that you include a pug in your signature.
March 18th, 2005 10:47 AM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Gazza, we should find this guy, rip his eyes out and stick them up his ass so that he can see us kicking the crap out of him. Directly afterwards we can rip out his tongue and use it to paint my boat!

HE'LL PROBABLY GET OFF WITH CRUCIFIXION - FOR A FIRST OFFENCE .

IF NOTHING ELSE, IT'LL TEACH HIM TO RESPECT 'ROCKS OFF'

YOU LUCKY, LUCKY BASTARD!!

[Edited by Gazza]
March 18th, 2005 10:49 AM
KeithRichards
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

40 megs..? lossless..? how is that possible..?

It's possible because they digital camera records at a very low birate.
March 18th, 2005 06:09 PM
Soldatti
quote:
KeithRichards wrote:

It's possible because they digital camera records at a very low birate.

But 40MB is very low, the sound or the image is crappy.
March 18th, 2005 06:12 PM
T&A i worked a trade today for another source - based on the Piece of my Heart sample I heard - a definite upgrade from the mp3's that have been made available. If it's an improvement I'll make sure it gets torrented.
March 18th, 2005 07:01 PM
KeithRichards
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

But 40MB is very low, the sound or the image is crappy.

Yeah, I know. You know how it sounds - it's the mp3s that are available on rockpassion.com
March 18th, 2005 11:00 PM
kath well, i have to admit that i was hoping for a recording of woody's show, but i knew it would show up here sooner or later. and i have bought boots for many years (love sister morphine's stuff the best)...most of that stuff is not really available in the real world of cd buying, obviously. and i'm not in a position to get it from the distributors.....

but THIS was pure low class thievery.....
March 18th, 2005 11:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
kath wrote:
well, i have to admit that i was hoping for a recording of woody's show, but i knew it would show up here sooner or later. and i have bought boots for many years (love sister morphine's stuff the best)...most of that stuff is not really available in the real world of cd buying, obviously. and i'm not in a position to get it from the distributors.....

but THIS was pure low class thievery.....

Hi Kath, my On Demand Cable is out and I am online guitar shopping now. The pugs are safely asleep
March 18th, 2005 11:11 PM
glencar I think we should all place tentative orders just to get his hopes up. Crowd the lil bitch's server...
March 18th, 2005 11:13 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think we should all place tentative orders just to get his hopes up. Crowd the lil bitch's server...

or organize a specific time for everyone to log onto his site and hit refresh a few hundred times to crash his server
March 18th, 2005 11:49 PM
kath oooo i like that idea......
March 19th, 2005 01:25 AM
voodoopug
quote:
kath wrote:
oooo i like that idea......

most times, i amaze myself

Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood