ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympic Sound or Pye Studios, London - November 1966
© The Conway Picture Library
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fenway gigs may kick off Stones' touring Return to archive
March 17th, 2005 03:51 AM
mandrack FINANCE

Fenway gigs may kick off Stones' touring

SCOTT VAN VOORHIS and JESSICA HESLAM
218 words
15 March 2005
Boston Herald
All Editions
English
Copyright (c) 2005 Bell & Howell Information and Learning Company. All rights reserved.

As the Rolling Stones eye an August roll into Fenway Park, the legendary rock band is getting an enthusiatic thumbs up from Mayor Thomas M. Menino.

Menino said yesterday that bringing the Stones to the Hub is good for the city.

"I'm a big champion of the concerts," said Menino, referring to the Bruce Springsteen and Jimmy Buffett shows held at Fenway. "It brings people to our city."

Menino said he was told yesterday by Red Sox Chief Executive and President Larry Lucchino that "they are negotiating with the Rolling Stones to bring them" to Boston, but said no contract had been signed. Sources said the talks, for shows on Sunday, Aug. 21, and Tuesday, Aug. 23, are in the final stages.

The Fenway events may also have some added prestige as the kickoff concerts for the Stones' world tour, Menino said.

News of the Stones concert drew a muted reaction from Fenway activists who have seen other big acts roll through the neighborhood over the past few years.

"I know what Rolling Stones fans look like nowadays - they are old and fat," said Marc Landerman, chairman of the Fenway Community Development Corp. "I don't expect there will be a big uproar."

March 17th, 2005 08:20 AM
gimmekeef Hey Mr Neighbourhood Guy!!!!..I may be old and fat..BUT I CAN STILL ROCK YOUR F'NNN NEIGHBOURHOOD!!!!!Bring it on!!!!!
March 17th, 2005 08:21 AM
Gazza Not that I'd want to jeopardise the prospect of the Stones opening night in Beantown being cancelled due to the FCDC chairman getting threatening letters or anything, but if anyone deserves a kick in the face for sweeping generalisations, its this asshole

I'm not sure whether we'd rather be stereotyped as drug-addicted satan-worshipping morons spreading diseases due to our predilection for sexual permissiveness (like we've always been) or "old and fat". While the second one is probably more accurate, the first one sounds like a lot more fun...
March 17th, 2005 08:15 PM
Soldatti
quote:
mandrack wrote:
"I know what Rolling Stones fans look like nowadays - they are old and fat," said Marc Landerman, chairman of the Fenway Community Development Corp. "I don't expect there will be a big uproar."

Old and fat?
I don't think that half of the Stones audience is like that.
March 18th, 2005 02:26 AM
IanBillen
What an ass this dude is.

Anyway,
Thanks for the print Soldatti.
I find it wierd that a Stones tour could start on a Sunday?

Ian
March 18th, 2005 05:21 AM
Gazza harder to get permits for a "non school night"

also...its easier to atttact an audience at weekends
March 18th, 2005 12:52 PM
Cocaine Eyes Geez! I'm old and thin.
March 18th, 2005 01:29 PM
Gazza I'm old and fat but trying desperately to get thin and act young.
March 18th, 2005 04:23 PM
Dan I put on 10 lbs since I started burning DVDs last month. Safe to say I will probably be fat by the time August rolls around. Maybe even old too.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood