ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympic Sound or Pye Studios, London - November 1966
© The Conway Picture Library
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Congratulations, Stewed & Keefed,2000 Man Return to archive
March 16th, 2005 02:00 PM
stewed & Keefed What are your views on these songs

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
March 16th, 2005 02:01 PM
J.J.Flash Congratulations mate!
March 16th, 2005 02:01 PM
egon shit, i thought it was your birthday (post)
March 16th, 2005 02:17 PM
glencar I thought it was a # of posts thread. I love Congradulations & 2000 Man is pretty cool. Stewed & keefed is okay.
[Edited by glencar]
March 16th, 2005 02:17 PM
Fiji Joe Love 2000 man...very underrated...Not too fond of the other two
March 16th, 2005 02:29 PM
Joey

Happy Happy B - Day !!!!!
March 16th, 2005 03:09 PM
Gazza >Congratulations, Stewed & Keefed,2000 Man

Phew! I thought you two guys were announcing your engagement!!

I only know 2000Man from Gasland but when I read the title I thought "Shit, I didnt even realise these guys KNEW each other - they dont even post on the same boards"

Since you asked - I think the song "2000 Man" is really good. Although most of the album is a pile of shite.

"Stewed and Keefed" I always liked. "Congratulations" I was never crazy about. It's ok.
March 16th, 2005 03:28 PM
FPM C10 I liken "Congratulations" to my idiot brother-in-law who fancies himself an auto mechanic...He once claimed to have diagnosed a problem I was having with an old BMW with which I refused to part...he tore apart the engine all along swearing he could fix it and that he knew what the problem was...all the while telling me what was wrong with it...that was six years ago...the parts still take up half my garage, the car is not fixed, and my brother-in-law went to Germany and has not returned...What a turd

"2000 Man", on the other hand, is a really cool song AND a good friend of mine. Great lyrics (in the song) and he brews a mean milk-stout.

Stewed and Keefed I can take or leave.
March 16th, 2005 03:35 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
I liken "Congratulations" to my idiot brother-in-law who fancies himself an auto mechanic...He once claimed to have diagnosed a problem I was having with an old BMW with which I refused to part...he tore apart the engine all along swearing he could fix it and that he knew what the problem was...all the while telling me what was wrong with it...that was six years ago...the parts still take up half my garage, the car is not fixed, and my brother-in-law went to Germany and has not returned...What a turd

"2000 Man", on the other hand, is a really cool song AND a good friend of mine. Great lyrics (in the song) and he brews a mean milk-stout.

Stewed and Keefed I can take or leave.

That was lame...terrible review...stick with your newspaper distribution job

March 16th, 2005 03:36 PM
Joey " I liken "Congratulations" to my idiot brother-in-law who fancies himself an auto mechanic...He once claimed to have diagnosed a problem I was having with an old BMW with which I refused to part...he tore apart the engine all along swearing he could fix it and that he knew what the problem was...all the while telling me what was wrong with it...that was six years ago...the parts still take up half my garage, the car is not fixed, and my brother-in-law went to Germany and has not returned...What a turd "

..Friggin FUNNY !!!!!

Excellent Posting today by everyone ........

Top Notch ! .... TOP NOTCH !!!!!!!!!!!

March 16th, 2005 03:43 PM
glencar I just want him to acknowledge that he stole the idea from me & when I did it the whole thing was funny. His is childish like the Ho Chi Dean scream.
March 16th, 2005 03:44 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I just want him to acknowledge that he stole the idea from me & when I did it the whole thing was funny. His is childish like the Ho Chi Dean scream.

{{{{{{{{{ WTF ?!?! }}}}}}}}

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!?!

March 16, 2005 -- WNCX.com

Paul McCartney's new album could be released between late August and early September, just before the start of his U.S. tour, according to various sources.

Two songs that may be included on the still-untitled set are said to be "Flying Blind Dark Eagle" and Riding On A Rocket."

As previously announced, McCartney has been working with producer Nigel Godrich , whose credits include the experimental modern rock band Radiohead. Macca's also done some tracks with American producer David Kahne . On some songs, the Beatles legend plays all the instruments, while other tracks feature musicians from his past touring band.

http://homepage.mac.com/paul_mccartney/macca_report/news.htm
March 16th, 2005 03:45 PM
glencar Radiohead is totally based on the White Album so it's really just full circle, ain't it mate?
March 16th, 2005 06:47 PM
Soldatti I like 2000 Man, one of the few decent tunes on that album.
Cogratulations is filler but is not so bad.
March 16th, 2005 06:51 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Joey wrote:
Paul McCartney's new album could be released between late August and early September

New Stones and Macca albums at the same time!
When was the last time? Pipes Of Peace and Undercover?
March 16th, 2005 08:06 PM
Joey
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

When was the last time? Pipes Of Peace and Undercover?

Hi Soldatti ...................

Yes !!!

Joey
March 17th, 2005 12:46 PM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Congratulations mate!

Cheers mate
March 17th, 2005 12:56 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:

Cheers mate

Sorry my ignorance... errr. but didn't they get it or is it just sarcasm?

Cheers!
March 17th, 2005 02:33 PM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Sorry my ignorance... errr. but didn't they get it or is it just sarcasm?

Cheers!

I'm not sure,but I think you were the only one to get it. lol
March 17th, 2005 02:46 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:

I'm not sure,but I think you were the only one to get it. lol

Ok, and what's my prize? I mean....something like this is enough for one DVD! LOL
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood