ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympic Sound or Pye Studios, London - November 1966
© The Conway Picture Library
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Where recording on the new album stands now... Return to archive Page: 1 2
March 15th, 2005 01:59 PM
Mel Belli A highly reliable source tells me all of the sessions have been in Mick's guest house and recorded digitally. They're toying with the idea of doing the whole album without going into a traditional studio.

March 15th, 2005 02:22 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
A highly reliable source tells me all of the sessions have been in Mick's guest house and recorded digitally. They're toying with the idea of doing the whole album without going into a traditional studio.

This sounds a lot like the way I recorded MY last album...a hint for the boys...my record sales sucked
March 15th, 2005 02:26 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

This sounds a lot like the way I recorded MY last album...a hint for the boys...my record sales sucked

{{{{{{{{{{ WTF ?!?! }}}}}}}}}}}
March 15th, 2005 02:31 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Joey wrote:

{{{{{{{{{{ WTF ?!?! }}}}}}}}}}}

Oh...that's right...The Joey did not receive a courtesy copy...guess you won't be coming to the show either
March 15th, 2005 02:40 PM
voodoopug send me a copy and i will put you up for consideration for the prestigious priviledge of opening for the VOODOO PUGS!
March 15th, 2005 02:48 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Joey wrote:

*************** BLANK FRIGGIN STARE ********************

Right back at ya slick
March 15th, 2005 04:09 PM
IanBillen [quote]Mel Belli wrote:
A highly reliable source tells me all of the sessions have been in Mick's guest house and recorded digitally. They're toying with the idea of doing the whole album without going into a traditional studio.

Recording wise, sure that is definatley possible.
However, I think Mixing will be done in an actual studio. A major console may be needed. When it comes to mastering a mastering studio will no doubt be needed. I very much doubt Mick has all the mastering equipment in his home. But I do wonder what type of gear Mr. Mick has at his house?

Ian
March 15th, 2005 04:11 PM
glencar I hear the mixings are already done. Expect Exile Pt. Deux!
March 15th, 2005 04:15 PM
JumpingKentFlash The idea of not going to a place like Guillaume Tell is not half bad. Exile On Mick Street is a cool idea IMO.
March 15th, 2005 06:22 PM
Soldatti Great idea, but the mix will be in a studio.
March 15th, 2005 06:24 PM
glencar Of course! They will have a professional due the mixing. Mine may be a minority view but I'm hoping for some Woody input on some songs.
March 15th, 2005 07:32 PM
JumpingKentFlash EOMS was also mixed in L.A. So this could be EOMS part 2. Well......................I hope so.
March 15th, 2005 08:21 PM
Soldatti Every new album is like EOMS...
March 15th, 2005 08:22 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
glencar wrote:
Of course! They will have a professional due the mixing. Mine may be a minority view but I'm hoping for some Woody input on some songs.

The same source told me that during a Mick-less night of the Paris sessions for "Forty Licks," Keith, Charlie and Ronnie were jamming, spinning their wheels. Keith said something to Ronnie along the lines of, "Well, what about you? Did you bring anything?"

Immediately Ronnie snapped a cassette from his back pocket with song ideas. They worked on at least one of them.

It's clear Ronnie is trying to pick his spots. We'll see if he cracks the nut this time around...
March 15th, 2005 08:32 PM
Soldatti Ronnie is always ready to write songs, he released two solo albums in 9 years (1992-2001) and two albums with the Stones. Mick is always working and doing things and Ronnie is second.
March 15th, 2005 09:26 PM
glencar Thanks for the info, Mr. Belli. I hope Ronnie's idea wasn't that "Losing My Touch" song. Bleh!
March 16th, 2005 09:20 AM
gimmekeef I've always thought the show mid point where Keith does 2 songs would be better if one was a Keith rocker and the other a Ronnie or Barbarians type track.Keep Ronnie more focused perhaps.Plus he has some great material that would be killer with Stones backing.....just a thought anyway...
March 16th, 2005 08:13 PM
corgi37 I just want new shit. NOW!
March 16th, 2005 09:16 PM
Gazza
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
EOMS was also mixed in L.A. So this could be EOMS part 2. Well......................I hope so.

yeah and about half of what you hear was recorded there too
March 16th, 2005 10:14 PM
Soldatti Including almost all the vocal part.
March 16th, 2005 10:55 PM
IanBillen
So well, I guess they are all at Micks place.

That's really cool. I think all the recording will definately take place there at Micks. By mid-May I bet this whole thing is a wrap. In two months this album will be finished. This is why I really didn't see it being a problem releasing it in late June if they wanted to release it then. I am sure they could without a problem. Go figure, it should be plenty finished by then. (Although now it looks as if it will be later summer as many of you are saying. Closer to the tours start. Like early August until they decide to actually release it)

Ian
March 17th, 2005 03:28 AM
maumau well if they're all at mick's house working on the new album that is reeeeeeeeeeally cool

i wonder if our french friends in tours have spotted other musicians so that we have an idea of who's there with them four

i don't mind another eoms i hope for a good record

good vibes )
March 17th, 2005 04:43 AM
IanBillen
quote:
maumau wrote:
well if they're all at mick's house working on the new album that is reeeeeeeeeeally cool

i wonder if our french friends in tours have spotted other musicians so that we have an idea of who's there with them four

i don't mind another eoms i hope for a good record

good vibes )

I am sure if they are planning it all at Micks it must of been going really good there and they didn't want to change it. They probably said screw it. Might as well have everyone set up camp here.

Think about it. They could be recording in different rooms. Trying out new ideas as far as sound goes. Kinda like Voodoo. That is what we need from them now. At Micks maybe they experimented more when they needed to and kept things simple when they needed to. Maybe Mick has some really good sounding rooms as well as his built in studio. I am sure Don Was is making the most of it there.

This seems more like a closer nit group project type of affair with only their close counter parts as opposed to the normal...let's choose a fabulous studio with everyone dropping in to play type thing. I like it.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
March 17th, 2005 04:49 AM
IanBillen
*also I want to address the Keith issue. The part about everyone saying he is so passive and lazy to record these days.

Don't bet on it. Look who has not been in the public eye for a long while as opposed to the rest. My guess is he has been steady at work. Writing, recording, and boning down on this thing.

Ian
March 17th, 2005 04:54 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Including almost all the vocal part.

I didn't know this. I am going to get that book on all their recording sessions some day. It will be interesting. I can learn things like that all the time from reading it.

Ian
March 17th, 2005 06:40 AM
glencar Why bother? your silly "friend" will just make you doubt everything you read anyway. LOL
March 17th, 2005 01:17 PM
patriceg They're NOT in Paris well at least they're not staying at their usual hotel near the Champs Elysee. Mariah Carey is there.
March 17th, 2005 02:06 PM
voodoopug
quote:
patriceg wrote:
They're NOT in Paris well at least they're not staying at their usual hotel near the Champs Elysee. Mariah Carey is there.

Tell Mariah that I said hello. If she gives you a blank stare, she may know me just as "Chicago's Best Looking Big Man!"

Cheers!
March 17th, 2005 02:19 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Dude..... I bloody hope your source is deeply wrong....or we are about to have a brand-new shit. Believe me...... this modern way of recording sucks.

Just do the same Alice Cooper did on his last album, just do the same as Deep Purple did on their last album............. LIVE RECORDING ON STUDIO, NO OVERDUBS, THE WHOLE BUNCH PLAYING TOGETHER, FOR FUCKIN' SAKES......

Well.... forget about no overdubs... it's just an huge utopia.....anyway.... at least... lock' em all in the fuckin' studio.....
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
March 17th, 2005 03:12 PM
IanBillen
quote:
glencar wrote:
Why bother? your silly "friend" will just make you doubt everything you read anyway. LOL

It will give me something to harass you about.

Ian
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood