ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympic Sound or Pye Studios, London - November 1966
© The Conway Picture Library
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cine and Home Movies Return to archive
March 15th, 2005 12:55 PM
Archivist Hi, I am trying to find home movie and cine film for a legit (i.e. legal!) project about The Rolling Stones. There seems to be plenty of illegal bootlegs out there, but not much that is actually legally owned. Anyone out there with material that they own the copyright on? As I say, this is a legit question and I'm seeking the material for a bona-fide tv thing.
March 15th, 2005 01:22 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Click the image and find a film from one of the coolest friends we all have here! He took it and it's great (no sound)

March 15th, 2005 02:25 PM
jpenn11 Hmm . . . easily whets the appetite

I clicked and got the story to the film, but the link to the mp3 would not work.

Was this ever circulated?
March 16th, 2005 10:22 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes, we treeed that fucker we removed the clip from our website because of the size, bandwidth and specially because now is buried in the archives.

If you want a copy of the VCD just let me know (100% trade or B&P as usual)

As per Ed's request I'm going to make a different one as I'm gonna put the whole film first and then the clips as I edited each for optimum color, bright, etc

In fact with today's technology I would love to have the film back and make a new version as I have better hardware and software now
March 16th, 2005 10:31 PM
stonedinaustralia
contact deniz tek - he posted here a couple of years ago and left this email address - so don't know if it's still current

'[email protected]'

he was (semi) legendary guitarist for Radio Birdman

anyway, he followed the stones around australia on the 73 tour and apparantley has a shit load of super8 footage

he posted here looking for a contact with the stones so he could get it to them - he was definitley not interested in doing anything not authorized by the stones - so if you have ability to do an authorized thing he may well be very interested
March 16th, 2005 11:33 PM
beer I remember that post, SIA.

It's a damn shame he was so determined to get it to the Stones. WTF was he thinking?
It's actually a huge loss to the fans who would love to see the footage, cuz the Stones won't do anything with it.

&
March 16th, 2005 11:46 PM
stonedinaustralia hey beer!!

that's right, as Gazza said at time if he gave it to the stones all they would do with it was bury it

off topic - i can't find any news about HST's funeral - did they do the cannon thing??
March 17th, 2005 12:02 AM
beer I imagine the cannon thing will happen.

This may sound weird but the new issue of Rolling Stone Magazine is
excellent. Stuff from Keef, Jack Nicholson, Depp and a bunch of others, reminiscin bout HST.

Ya gotta get it!

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/7092371

--

March 17th, 2005 12:13 AM
stonedinaustralia yeah sirmoonie mentioned it on another thread

no doubt i will get it

cheers
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood