ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympic Sound or Pye Studios, London - November 1966
© The Conway Picture Library
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bizzaro JB Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
March 15th, 2005 04:38 PM
Joey " You guys needn't worry...soon, Fiji will be posting almost exclusively at www.maxlugar.com "

< ------------------ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
March 15th, 2005 04:51 PM
glencar RMN, truly one of our great ex-Presidents.
March 15th, 2005 04:59 PM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:
RMN, truly one of our great ex-Presidents.

yeah, about that...

SUBJECT: THE DEATH OF RICHARD NIXON:

NOTES ON THE PASSING OF AN AMERICAN MONSTER....HE WAS A LIAR AND QUITTER, AND HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN BURIED AT SEA. ...BUT HE WAS, AFTER ALL, THE PRESIDENT.

"And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is becoming the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird."--REVELATION 18:2

...Nixon's spirit will be with us for the rest of our lives--whether you're me or Bill Clinton or you or Kurt Cobain or Bishop Tutu or Keith Richards or Amy Fisher or Boris Yeltsin's daughter or your fiancee's 16-year-old beer-drunk brother with his braided goatee and his whole life like a thundercloud out in front of him. This is not a generational thing. You don't even have to know who Richard Nixon was to be a victim of his ugly, Nazi spirit.

He has poisoned our water forever. Nixon will be remembered as a classic case of a smart man shitting in his own nest. But he also shit in our nests, and that was the crime that history will burn on his memory like a brand. By disgracing and degrading the Presidency of the United States, by fleeing the White House like a diseased cur, Richard Nixon broke the heart of the American Dream.

If the right people had been in charge of Nixon's funeral, his casket would have been launched into one of those open-sewage canals that empty into the ocean just south of Los Angeles. He was a swine of a man and a jabbering dupe of a president. Nixon was so crooked that he needed servants to help him screw his pants on every morning. Even his funeral was illegal. He was queer in the deepest way. His body should have been burned in a trash bin.

March 15th, 2005 05:02 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
RMN, truly one of our great ex-Presidents.

In order to be a great Ex - President , one must first have the perception that one was a LOUSY Friggin President !

{ CA - RACK ! }

Off the Facade !

Jacky ! ™
March 15th, 2005 05:04 PM
glencar Like Jimmeh Cahtuh? LOL There's my ca-rackk!
March 15th, 2005 05:06 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

yeah, about that...

SUBJECT: THE DEATH OF RICHARD NIXON:

NOTES ON THE PASSING OF AN AMERICAN MONSTER....HE WAS A LIAR AND QUITTER, AND HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN BURIED AT SEA. ...BUT HE WAS, AFTER ALL, THE PRESIDENT.

"And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is becoming the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird."--REVELATION 18:2

...Nixon's spirit will be with us for the rest of our lives--whether you're me or Bill Clinton or you or Kurt Cobain or Bishop Tutu or Keith Richards or Amy Fisher or Boris Yeltsin's daughter or your fiancee's 16-year-old beer-drunk brother with his braided goatee and his whole life like a thundercloud out in front of him. This is not a generational thing. You don't even have to know who Richard Nixon was to be a victim of his ugly, Nazi spirit.

He has poisoned our water forever. Nixon will be remembered as a classic case of a smart man shitting in his own nest. But he also shit in our nests, and that was the crime that history will burn on his memory like a brand. By disgracing and degrading the Presidency of the United States, by fleeing the White House like a diseased cur, Richard Nixon broke the heart of the American Dream.

If the right people had been in charge of Nixon's funeral, his casket would have been launched into one of those open-sewage canals that empty into the ocean just south of Los Angeles. He was a swine of a man and a jabbering dupe of a president. Nixon was so crooked that he needed servants to help him screw his pants on every morning. Even his funeral was illegal. He was queer in the deepest way. His body should have been burned in a trash bin.

SUP FLEABIT !!!!
March 15th, 2005 05:09 PM
glencar My amendments for the record, suh!

yeah, about that...

SUBJECT: THE DEATH OF Billy Clinton:

...Clinton's spirit will be with us for the rest of our lives--whether you're me or Trcky Dick or you or Kurt Cobain or Bishop Tutu or Keith Richards or Amy Fisher or Boris Yeltsin's daughter or your fiancee's 16-year-old beer-drunk brother with his braided goatee and his whole life like a thundercloud out in front of him. This is not a generational thing. You don't even have to know who Billy Clinton was to be a victim of his ugly, Nazi spirit.

He has poisoned our water forever. Clinton will be remembered as a classic case of a smart man shitting in his own nest. But he also shit in our nests, and that was the crime that history will burn on his memory like a brand. By disgracing and degrading the Presidency of the United States, by fleeing the White House like a diseased cur, Billy Clinton broke the heart of the American Dream.

If the right people had been in charge of Clinton's funeral, his casket would have been launched into one of those open-sewage canals that empty into the Mississippi just south of Lil Rock. He was a swine of a man and a jabbering dupe of a president. Clinton was so crooked that he needed servants to help him screw his pants on every morning. Even his funeral was illegal. He was queer in the deepest way. His body should have been burned in a trash bin.

[/quote]
March 15th, 2005 05:12 PM
Joey

I'm sensing a little tension here in this thread .........

I'm ............. wait ......... no ...........I believe what I am sensing is in me :

************** END TRANSMISSION **************
March 15th, 2005 05:15 PM
glencar Boy, that Hunter S. Thompson was a spiteful lil bitch. No wonder he killed himself.
March 16th, 2005 09:26 AM
Bizarro JB Joey wrote:

"...............You are much loved by the Joey .

And how come you didn't smoke any chiba in Nankys hotel room?

That shit was so good! It blew my mind and I only took 2 fucking puffs!

I didn't smoke any during the afternoon because I wanted to talk to Maxy and reminisce about all of those wonderful posts of his I have copped over the last four years."

He sounds gay...........tee hee
March 16th, 2005 09:30 AM
Joey

General Nguyen Khanh Seizes Power in Saigon
In a bloodless coup, General Nguyen Khanh seizes power in Saigon. South Vietnam junta leader, Major General Duong Van Minh, is placed under house arrest, but is allowed to remain as a figurehead chief-of-state.

Gulf of Tonkin Incident
On August 2, three North Vietnamese PT boats allegedly fire torpedoes at the USS Maddox, a destroyer located in the international waters of the Tonkin Gulf, some thirty miles off the coast of North Vietnam. The attack comes after six months of covert US and South Vietnamese naval operations. A second, even more highly disputed attack, is alleged to have taken place on August 4.

March 16th, 2005 09:33 AM
Fiji Joe To borrow from a good friend..."Joey is becoming like Howard Hughes in the advance stages of dementia....except without the money"......
March 16th, 2005 09:39 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Bizarro JB wrote:
Joey wrote:

"...............You are much loved by the Joey .

And how come you didn't smoke any chiba in Nankys hotel room?

That shit was so good! It blew my mind and I only took 2 fucking puffs!

I didn't smoke any during the afternoon because I wanted to talk to Maxy and reminisce about all of those wonderful posts of his I have copped over the last four years."

He sounds gay...........tee hee

Sup Big Perm........?
March 16th, 2005 09:48 AM
Joey
Debate on Gulf of Tonkin Resolution
The Gulf of Tonkin Resolution is approved by Congress on August 7 and authorizes President Lyndon Johnson to "take all necessary measures to repel any armed attack against forces of the United States and to prevent further aggression." The resolution passes unanimously in the House, and by a margin of 82-2 in the Senate. The Resolution allows Johnson to wage all out war against North Vietnam without ever securing a formal Declaration of War from Congress.

Vietcong Attack Bienhoa Air Base

March 16th, 2005 09:49 AM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Sup Big Perm........?

SUP FIJ.
March 16th, 2005 09:52 AM
Bizarro JB I bought 10 copies at K-mart..will give to employees as part of Holiday party grab bag....
March 16th, 2005 10:00 AM
Joey
LBJ Defeats Goldwater
Lyndon Johnson is elected in a landslide over Republican Barry Goldwater of Arizona. During the campaign, Johnson's position on Vietnam appeared to lean toward de-escalation of US involvement, and sharply contrasted the more militant views held by Goldwater.

March 16th, 2005 11:55 AM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:
My amendments for the record, suh!

Ah, very original, Pee Wee. Along the lines of "I know you are but what am I?" Except for the fact that Clinton isn't dead, didn't resign from office in disgrace, etc etc.

In the other thread, when I raised the OUTRAGEOUS and scandalous charge of Fox News being unfair and unbalanced, I was accused of being a "knee-jerk liberal". Knee-jerk?

Any post which dares breathe a word of dissent against ANY of the Republican swine who have held office for the last 5 decades is met with a highly unoriginal blast of tired hot air against Bill Clinton, whether he’s been mentioned or not (most often not) – and the charge of a knee-jerk reaction is leveled against ME?

Often overlooked in all of the blustering of the rightwing nutjobs of this board is the fact that I don’t post anything lionizing ANY politician. So the standard response – to ANYTHING - of “Oh yeah? Well Bill Clinton got a blow job!” is beside the point, although it IS perhaps rather telling about the respondent. Watching you guys fawning over these despicable, utterly loathsome human swine like you were a 12-year old girl and they were the latest talentless lip-synching boy band would be fascinating if it wasn’t so sickening. “Ooooh, that Ronald Reagan really told those commies where to get off! It was so MANLY! And his hair was perfect!” "Mmmm, that Richard Nixon can trick MY dick ANY old time!" etc.

I guess to raise the question of why someone who admires pathological liars (like Nixon) and clueless hacks (like Bush), and who despises those who use their fierce talents to question authority (like Hunter S. Thompson or the dreaded Michael Moore) would post at a Rolling Stones board in the first place isn’t quite fair. It IS still a free country.

I'm sure in your mind that's somehow due to the recent elections in Iraq.

[Edited by FPM C10]
[Edited by FPM C10]
March 16th, 2005 12:15 PM
telecaster Underwear a little tight there FPM?
March 16th, 2005 12:29 PM
FPM C10
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Underwear a little tight there FPM?

Not at all. Although your inquiring about my undergarments does make me a little uncomfortable.
March 16th, 2005 01:52 PM
glencar Hunter S. Thompson was ORIGINAL? LOL Maybe back in the early 70's but his screed that you posted could be found any day of the week in the Nation or on the Letters to the Editor page in the NY Times. It's just your typical paranoia. There's nothing new about it & there's nothing even interesting about it. I realize nuance isn't your particular strong point, FPM, but for about the 500th time, not everyone who supports Bush or Reagan is in full thrall of every thing they've ever done. BTW The ONLY reason I brought up Clinton was because he's the most recent Prez of that shit party & he also had some glaring ethical problems. They were problems that went beyond getting a blow job but I realize that nuance isn't your strong point. Neither is civility apparently.
March 16th, 2005 01:59 PM
Fiji Joe "Often overlooked in all of the blustering of the rightwing nutjobs of this board is the fact that I don’t post anything lionizing ANY politician."

Well...the reason for that...I suspect...is quite simple...in the long-standing tradition of blindly-swinging, socratic, suburban angst critics, you have found that it is far easier to criticize and tear apart an argument, point of view or politician than to advocate on behalf of any of same or to...god forbid...propose original ideas and thoughts of your own...it keeps you safe and insulated from the very abuse you choose to lump...it's seen in neophyte political critics across the country...see e.g., Michael Moore and the late Hunter S. Thompson...Personally, I find it bush league...

Socrates devoted himself to free-wheeling discussion with the aristocratic young citizens of Athens, insistently questioning their unwarranted confidence in the truth of popular opinions, even though he often offered them no clear alternative

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
March 16th, 2005 02:21 PM
Joey
Operation "Rolling Thunder" Deployed
Sustained American bombing raids of North Vietnam, dubbed Operation Rolling Thunder, begin in February. The nearly continuous air raids would go on for three years.

Marines Arrive at Danang
The first American combat troops, the 9th Marine Expeditionary Brigade, arrive in Vietnam to defend the US airfield at Danang. Scattered Vietcong gunfire is reported, but no Marines are injured.

Heavy Fighting at Ia Drang Valley
The first conventional battle of the Vietnam war takes place as American forces clash with North Vietnamese units in the Ia Drang Valley. The US 1st Air Cavalry Division employs its newly enhanced technique of aerial reconnaissance to finally defeat the NVA, although heavy casualties are reported on both sides.

March 16th, 2005 02:25 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Not at all. Although your inquiring about my undergarments does make me a little uncomfortable.

Fleabit ..................................

You make Joey giggle .
March 16th, 2005 02:30 PM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:
Hunter S. Thompson was ORIGINAL? blah blah blah

Er...actually I was calling you UNoriginal...you know, for simply changing the names, even though it made absolutely no sense...but then I realize that nuance is not your strong suit. The adjective I used in describing Dr. Thompson was "fierce". Now that you mention it, though, he certainly was original. As far as I know he was the ONLY writer to say Nixon's body should have been burned in a trash barrel - which cracks me up every time I read it, almost as much as your comment that "RMN" was "truly one of our great ex-presidents." Man, that Samuel Beckett's got nuthin' on you, brother!

By the way, we of the Shit Party take umbrage at having our party's good named besmirched...but then I guess civility was never your strong suit either.

March 16th, 2005 02:31 PM
Joey

US Troop Levels Top 200,000

Vietnam "Teach-In" Broadcast to Nation's Universities
The practice of protesting US policy in Vietnam by holding "teach-ins" at colleges and universities becomes widespread. The first "teach-in" -- featuring seminars, rallies, and speeches -- takes place at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor in March. In May, a nationally broadcast "teach-in" reaches students and faculty at over 100 campuses.

March 16th, 2005 02:46 PM
Fiji Joe I liken Hunter S. Thompson to my idiot brother-in-law who fancies himself an auto mechanic...He once claimed to have diagnosed a problem I was having with an old BMW with which I refused to part...he tore apart the engine all along swearing he could fix it and that he knew what the problem was...all the while telling me what was wrong with it...that was six years ago...the parts still take up half my garage, the car is not fixed, and my brother-in-law went to Germany and has not returned...What a turd
March 16th, 2005 02:49 PM
Joey
B-52s Bomb North Vietnam
In an effort to disrupt movement along the Mugia Pass -- the main route used by the NVA to send personnel and supplies through Laos and into South Vietnam -- American B-52s bomb North Vietnam for the first time.

South Vietnam Government Troops Take Hue and Danang

LBJ Meets With South Vietnamese Leaders
US President Lyndon Johnson meets with South Vietnamese Premier Nguyen Cao Ky and his military advisors in Honolulu. Johnson promises to continue to help South Vietnam fend off aggression from the North, but adds that the US will be monitoring South Vietnam's efforts to expand democracy and improve economic conditions for its citizens
March 16th, 2005 03:00 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
...Personally, I find it bush league...

Ah, Feej made a funny! Ha ha HA! "BUSH league". It's funny because it's like the president's name.

Socrates, huh? Yep, a second-rate thinker to be sure.

Seriously, is this the sort of deep debate that goes on over at Maxy's think-tank? I thought it was all just the 5 or 6 of you bad-mouthing people from other boards.
[Edited by FPM C10]
March 16th, 2005 03:03 PM
Joey
Veterans Stage Anti-War Rally
Veterans from World Wars I and II, along with veterans from the Korean war stage a protest rally in New York City. Discharge and separation papers are burned in protest of US involvement in Vietnam.

CORE Cites "Burden On Minorities and Poor" in Vietnam
The Congress of Racial Equality (CORE) issues a report claiming that the US military draft places "a heavy discriminatory burden on minority groups and the poor." The group also calls for a withdrawal of all US troops from Vietnam.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood