ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympic Sound or Pye Studios, London - November 1966
© The Conway Picture Library
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bizzaro JB Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
March 14th, 2005 02:17 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Come On Joey....GET UP!!!!!

The Pug of the Day thing will continue.

Fiji is winning today Joey.....lets see what you got!

Unless he's going to cut and paste from my posts at the Lotus Couch he's got nothing...

Hell, lemme guess...we'll see another pigeon shit post, some lame ass reference to leaking body orifices, and the obligatory talking chiba...
March 14th, 2005 02:19 PM
Fiji Joe
It's like this Joey...Guys with arms and legs get laid...
by women...limbless fuck-nots like yourself are
destined to become the love-toys of jailhouse faggots...
it's that simple...you have to set realistic goals"

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
March 14th, 2005 02:21 PM
Joey

" McGeorge Bundy, a Yale graduate and intelligence officer in World War II, helped plan the invasion of Europe. After the war he became a dean at Harvard and a Kennedy friend. His support of John Kennedy during his presidential campaign gained Bundy a spot as the President's Special Assistant for National Security Affairs. Bundy was well liked by both Kennedy brothers and proved to be valuable during the crisis.

Often to the dismay of the President, Bundy played the role of the devil's advocate. During the EX-COMM meetings, he constantly changed his opinion about the best course of action. First it was an air strike, then a quarantine, then nothing at all, and then back to an air strike. He also radically changed the subject during meetings, sidetracking the discussions. Bundy's apparent inconsistency frustrated the President, but Kennedy still valued his advisor's opinion. Additionally, if the entire EX-COMM had an idea to present to the President, Bundy was the spokesman

On the Saturday the 27th Bundy played a key role. He was a big supporter of responding only to Khrushchev's first letter. He argued that the Soviet Premier was ready for a solution and that the U.S. could afford only to answer that first letter. He also stressed the importance of not publicly exchanging the Jupiter missiles in Turkey for the missiles in Cuba. If Kennedy bargained with its NATO allies, Bundy warned, "world faith in the United States would suffer a radical decline."

March 14th, 2005 02:22 PM
Bizarro JB Man, Joey got knocked the fuck out!
March 14th, 2005 02:24 PM
Joey
" Theodore Sorensen "

" Special Counsel to President Kennedy and a member of EX-COMM. Author of several works on the Kennedy Administration and Presidency. Sorensen was President Kennedy's Chief of Staff, close political advisor, and confidant. During the Cuban Missile Crisis, Sorensen drafted most of the President's key letters and speeches. He was a dove throughout, and a cautious advocate of the quarantine. His book, Kennedy remains a standard account of the Kennedy Presidency. "

March 14th, 2005 02:24 PM
glencar And baby it hurts!
March 14th, 2005 02:25 PM
Bizarro JB
Stop the fight!
March 14th, 2005 02:25 PM
glencar Joey you're John Kerry & Fiji is the Swift Boat vets. You're down for the count & unable to answer. So you rely on canned responses that nobody believes. This is more painful than reading the attacks on Joshy at shidobee.
March 14th, 2005 02:26 PM
Joey

" Paul Nitze "

" Assistant Secretary of Defense under President Kennedy and a member of EX-COMM. Paul Nitze was the primary drafter of the National Security Council Memorandum 68 (NSC-68), which formalized the Truman Administration's doctrine of Containment. During the Cuban Missile Crisis, he was a forceful hawk who strongly believed that the United States' conventional superiority in the Caribbean and its stragetic nuclear superiority over the Soviet Union, assured an American victory. He also lead the Berlin Task Force charged with constructing possible responses to an anticipated Soviet move against Berlin "

March 14th, 2005 02:27 PM
Fiji Joe
Once proud Joey acts so humble
March 14th, 2005 02:28 PM
Joey
" Douglas Dillon "

" Secretary of the Treasury under Presidents Kennedy and Johnson and a member of EX-COMM. Dillon had wide experience with nuclear diplomacy after being Ambassador to France and Under Secretary of State during the Eisenhower Adminstration. While in Paris he handled the interchange between the French, who requested American nuclear assistance in Vietnam, and the Eisenhower Adminstration which refused. Dillon was a prominent hawk in the EX-COMM. "

March 14th, 2005 02:29 PM
glencar Wow, this is ugly. Get up, Joey, you stupid bitch!
March 14th, 2005 02:31 PM
Joey
" Shortly after Castro took control of the government, relations with the United States declined. In 1960, he took over U.S. oil refineries in Cuba. The United States then stopped buying Cuban sugar and Castro responded by taking over all U.S. businesses in Cuba. Angered by Castro's actions, President Kennedy, authorized an attempt to overthrow the Cuban dictator in 1961, known as the Bay of Pigs invasion. The invasion failed but made Castro wary of another U.S. attempt. Consequently, when Khrushchev offered to place nuclear missiles in Cuba, he agreed. "

March 14th, 2005 02:32 PM
glencar zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........
March 14th, 2005 02:32 PM
glencar And ten!
March 14th, 2005 02:33 PM
Bizarro JB Fight's over. Joey pissed himself again. He really is lame. Even by cut and paste standards.

Viva la Fiji
March 14th, 2005 02:41 PM
Joey
" Castro's role in the crisis differs greatly from the other two leaders. Once he decided to accept the missiles, he lost control over their fate. Castro was merely a pawn in the international chess match and Cuba was merely a playing field. Neither Castro nor Cuba were of great international importance. The missile confrontation could have taken place anywhere in the world, unfortunately for the Cuban people, it occurred on their island. In the end, Castro had little effect on the outcome of the crisis and felt betrayed by the U.S.S.R. The crisis solved few of Cuba's problems and left the country to deal with the United States alone. "

March 14th, 2005 02:44 PM
glencar I will now go comfort myself with "The L Word." I love those lezzies!
March 14th, 2005 02:44 PM
J.J.Flash Let's talk about something more interesting......Jacko's lawsuit for instance......what's the current status?!? Any updates?!?
March 14th, 2005 02:47 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I love those lezzies!

!!!!!
March 14th, 2005 02:48 PM
Bizarro JB
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Let's talk about something more interesting......Jacko's lawsuit for instance......what's the current status?!? Any updates?!?

I'd change the subject too if my hero just got his anal innards draped over his head
March 14th, 2005 02:50 PM
Joey !!!!!!!!!!

" Today's Sunday Mirror speculates that Sir Paul's three-month tour of the United States, tentatively scheduled to begin September 16th in Miami, Florida may be postponed. The newspaper reports that the couple is waiting to see the results of Heather's first trimester scan before announcing that they are expecting another baby at the end of September. The newspaper speculates that this could be why Sir Paul has not finalized his tour plans. The Mirror quotes a McCartney source as saying:

"Paul was all set to go on a US tour. Following his successful appearance at the Superbowl at the end of January, plans were put in place to announce the massive US tour the following month. But that hasn't happened so far."

[ Edited by MaxLugar / Pete Townshend ]

[Edited by Joey]
March 14th, 2005 03:22 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:
!!!!!!!!!!

" Today's Sunday Mirror speculates that Sir Paul's three-month tour of the United States, tentatively scheduled to begin September 16th in Miami, Florida may be postponed. The newspaper reports that the couple is waiting to see the results of Heather's first trimester scan before announcing that they are expecting another baby at the end of September. The newspaper speculates that this could be why Sir Paul has not finalized his tour plans. The Mirror quotes a McCartney source as saying:

"Paul was all set to go on a US tour. Following his successful appearance at the Superbowl at the end of January, plans were put in place to announce the massive US tour the following month. But that hasn't happened so far."

[ Edited by MaxLugar / Pete Townshend ]

[Edited by Joey]

I still beleive in you Joey! dont let the pugster down!
March 14th, 2005 03:28 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I still beleive in you Joey! dont let the pugster down!

Well...perhaps if he takes all day Joey can come up with one post more imaginative than pigeon poop...even BJB can pull that off
March 14th, 2005 03:33 PM
Joey
" Deeply weird ideas, cooked up late at night over the telephone, rarely transcend the supremely whimsical (or desperate or stoned) moment that spawned them. Usually, happily, the idea is forgotten by sunrise. Sometimes it's not, with outcomes that range from amusing to depressing. One exception is ''Petra Haden Sings: The Who Sell Out." The title is mind-bogglingly accurate; this is a homemade one-woman a capella re-creation of the Who's 1967 album. Haden, the daughter of jazz bassist Charlie Haden, sings every word, every drum roll, every guitar solo, and every mock commercial, note for note, front to back.

To the suggestion that her new album, released last month on Bar None Records, defies every unwritten rule governing the selection and treatment of cover songs, Haden replies: ''I would never have thought of doing this. It was Mike Watt's idea." Haden isn't passing the buck. She's giving credit where it's due. Punk-rock bassist Watt, a founder of the Minutemen, was a big fan of Haden's first a cappella project, 1996's ''Imaginaryland." Convinced that a singer eclectic and proficient enough to include renderings of music by Bach and Miranda Sex Garden on the same album would be up for the challenge, Watt brought Haden the concept and an eight-track cassette recorder with the ''The Who Sell Out" loaded onto track eight. She spent three years pressing rewind.

''I tried to re-create notes and parts as closely as possible," says Haden, on the phone from her home in Los Angeles. ''I listened over and over and over again. But I didn't want to sing like the Who the whole time. On the song 'Odorono,' I pretended I was Snow White. At the end of 'I Can See For Miles,' I added a weird dissonance, like I was from the Bulgarian Female Vocal Choir. I was sure no one but Mike Watt would hear it. I was not thinking about what Pete Townshend would think."

As it turns out, Townshend, the Who's legendary guitarist, has thought a lot about Haden's version of his band's third album, which broke the fledgling band in the United States. He describes his response in terms bordering on reverence.

''I was a little embarrassed to realize I was enjoying my own music so much, for in a way it was like hearing it for the first time," Townshend said in a lengthy e-mail interview. ''What Petra does with her voice, which is not so easy to do, is challenge the entire rock framework: the traditions, the processes, the decor, the accessories, the entirety of the established dynamics of traditional pop-rock. 'I Can See For Miles' is powerful not for the restrained electric guitars and suppressed and distant thundering drums of Keith Moon but for the torturously sustained vocal harmonies that John Entwistle added over my fairly conventional four-part. Petra is the first analyst who heard the vocal harmonies as they were written and reproduced them properly. When she does depart from the original music she does it purely to bring a little piece of herself -- and when she appears she is so very welcome. I felt like I'd received something better than a Grammy." Continued...

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles/2005/03/13/she_opened_her_mouth_and_the_who_came_out/

March 14th, 2005 03:45 PM
Fiji Joe
"Good morning you stupid little Huskers...time to get your learn on"
March 14th, 2005 03:47 PM
Joey
" Haden, 33, was born four years after the ''The Who Sell Out" was released. A triplet, she grew up in a home that valued experimentalism over mainstream sounds. The Hadens owned no Who albums. When she was 8, Petra saw a young girl playing violin on the ''Captain Kangaroo" show and fell in love with the instrument. By the time she reached her teens Haden was an accomplished violinist -- she's contributed to albums by Beck, Green Day, and Luscious Jackson, and to many film soundtracks -- and had mastered trumpet, mandolin, and keyboards.

But it was her voice, with its extraordinary range, that stood out. Haden began articulating the sounds of instruments and creating intricate vocal arrangements of the Cocteau Twins, Pat Metheny, and Steve Reich. In 1992 she formed the band that dog with her sister Rachel, high school buddy Anna Waronker (daughter of the record producer and label executive Lenny Waronker), and drummer Tony Maxwell. That dog was together for seven years and three albums, during which time Haden became a busy support player on the LA indie scene and began a collaboration with the jazz guitarist and composer Bill Frisell; the duo's second album was released in January.

Mike Watt met Haden when she was hired to play violin and sing background vocals on his 1995 album ''Ball-Hog or Tugboat?" The two became close friends as well as frequent collaborators. Watt describes Haden as a virtuoso, and his overture to her -- to sing his favorite Who album -- as a dare.

''The first thing most people would say is 'Why should I?' She never did. Petra is that open," says Watt. ''She's also an amazing talent and sometimes it takes crude thugs like myself to point out a direction. She knew nothing of the Who and that's why I thought she could make it new for me."

To hear clips from ''Petra Haden Sings: The Who Sell Out," please go to Boston.com/ae/music.

Haden said yes for two reasons: She likes reinventing things and she likes Mike Watt. Recorded piecemeal in the bedroom, the kitchen, and at a friend's house in the desert, these tracks will never be described as state of the art. Before Haden's cousin had at it with Pro Tools, the home-computer software that simulates a recording studio, you could hear the crinkling of lyric sheets Haden held while she sang. It was meant as a gift for a friend, and that's what it sounds like: a homemade treasure -- lovingly crafted, utterly unpretentious, and thoroughly original. Just the sort of thing to make a rock god rethink his legacy.

''A lot of our most subtle work was buried under gimmicks, tricks, noise, and ego," says Townshend. ''That's perfectly OK. But Petra's lack of preconceptions have made it possible for her to avoid the notion that she ever, ever had to raise her voice on this project. Any subtlety lost in the Who's pop-art approach has been restored."

March 14th, 2005 08:41 PM
glencar
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Let's talk about something more interesting......Jacko's lawsuit for instance......what's the current status?!? Any updates?!?

Jacko's accuser was cross-examined today. I don't follow the case all that closely but it sounds like Jacky's going down. Expect some jailtime for MJ.
March 14th, 2005 09:01 PM
littleredrooster I don't usually post when things get this HEATED!!!

BUT.....

JOEY .......Fiji's opened up a #10 can of ASSWHUP!!!!.....
all over your face!!!

SUPERSIZED ASSWHUP!!!!
March 15th, 2005 08:47 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
I don't usually post when things get this HEATED!!!

BUT.....

JOEY .......Fiji's opened up a #10 can of ASSWHUP!!!!.....
all over your face!!!

SUPERSIZED ASSWHUP!!!!

And you little red rooster, are the first person other than Fiji to make the Fiji post hall of fame...Congrats
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood