ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympic Sound or Pye Studios, London - November 1966
© The Conway Picture Library
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAΡOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bizzaro JB Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
March 11th, 2005 01:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

Bless You My Brother ...........................

You are much loved by the Jo Jo

J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe Joey

Joey ! ™

it is a great love to feel

[Edited by voodoopug]
March 11th, 2005 02:25 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

it is a great love to feel

[Edited by voodoopug]

Puggy .................................

Come To Joey

http://www.omahameca.com/arena/events.htm
March 11th, 2005 02:47 PM
Fiji Joe Ok...this is all just so gay...but understandable

Joey has a Charlie Manson like quality over society's marginals and lonely, overweight housewives...
March 11th, 2005 03:38 PM
Joey
" Joey has a Charlie Manson like quality over society's marginals and lonely, overweight housewives... "

< ----------- { ? }

" Is It You "

( Lee Ritenour / Santos )

" Someone`s just outside, knockin`s at my door,
A stranger,somebody unknown.
Someone`s in my dreams ????? I`m tired of being alone.
Someone`s trying to find an easy way inside,
Come on, I`m right here at home, right at home.

Is it you? (4x)

Who`s that deep inside me, sneakin` `round my Steelie ?
Are you somebody in love?
Show me what you`re doin` and tell me who you are.
Hey! I`m ready for love, for love.

Is it you? (4x)

If it`s you, Come out in the open,
You don`t need to hide your love.
If it`s you, you know I`m hopin`,
`Cause it`s way to late to run away,
Don`t run away from love, my love.
Is it you? (instrumental)

Is it you knockin` on my door?
Is it my imagination?
Is it you I can`t get off my mind?
Is it you, you, you?
Is it you sneakin` `round my heart?
Is it my imagination?
You, you, you? "

[ Edited by Sean Penn ]

[Edited by Joey]
March 11th, 2005 04:18 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

" Joey has a Charlie Manson like quality over society's marginals and lonely, overweight housewives... "

< ----------- { ? }

" Is It You "

( Lee Ritenour / Santos )

" Someone`s just outside, knockin`s at my door,
A stranger,somebody unknown.
Someone`s in my dreams ????? I`m tired of being alone.
Someone`s trying to find an easy way inside,
Come on, I`m right here at home, right at home.

Is it you? (4x)

Who`s that deep inside me, sneakin` `round my Steelie ?
Are you somebody in love?
Show me what you`re doin` and tell me who you are.
Hey! I`m ready for love, for love.

Is it you? (4x)

If it`s you, Come out in the open,
You don`t need to hide your love.
If it`s you, you know I`m hopin`,
`Cause it`s way to late to run away,
Don`t run away from love, my love.
Is it you? (instrumental)

Is it you knockin` on my door?
Is it my imagination?
Is it you, you, you?
Is it you sneakin` `round my heart?
Is it my imagination?
You, you, you? "

[ Edited by Sean Penn ]

[Edited by Joey]

Bob Dylan It Ain't Me Babe lyrics

Go 'way from my window
Leave at your own chosen speed
I'm not the one you want, babe
I'm not the one you need
You say you're lookin' for someone
Who's never weak but always strong
To protect you an' defend you
Whether you are right or wrong
Someone to open each and every door
But it ain't me, babe
No, no, no, it ain't me babev It ain't me you're lookin' for, babe.

Go lightly from the ledge, babe
Go lightly on the ground
I'm not the one you want, babe
I will only let your down
You say you're lookin' for someone
Who will promise never to part
Someone to close his eyes for you
Someone to close his heart
Someone who will die for you an' more
But it ain't me, babe
No, no, no, it ain't me babe
It ain't me you're lookin' for, babe.

Go melt back into the night
Everything inside is made of stone
There's nothing in here moving
An' anyway I'm not alone
You say you're looking for someone
Who'll pick you up each time you fall
To gather flowers constantly
An' to come each time you call
A lover for you life an' nothing more
But it ain't me, babe
No, no, no, it ain't me, babe
It ain't me you're lookin' for, babe.

(approved by jb)
March 11th, 2005 06:31 PM
Some Guy Schizo Joey Rules! Bitches.
March 11th, 2005 09:47 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Schizo Joey Rules! Bitches.

Yeah...I'm really enjoying Schizo Joey.

gyps...why the hell didn't we come up with these "alter egos"?

Hmmm..perhaps there is another "duo" we can re-create?

developing...........

LJ.
March 14th, 2005 09:04 AM
Fiji Joe Schizo Joey...another cheap knockoff idea of an original...just like the real Joey...it's a vicious cycle I tell ya
March 14th, 2005 10:08 AM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Schizo Joey...another cheap knockoff idea of an original...just like the real Joey...it's a vicious cycle I tell ya

I absolutely adore these little characters .........

If it wasn't for My Baby Puggy , Fiji , BJB , & SJ --- I seriously doubt I would even post here at this most prodigious of message boards whilst my Baby Joshy is ................W- W- W- W- What ?!?! ...............Oh , sure ! :

http://www.interference.com/u2117716/index.html

" Six years ago tomorrow, U2 front man Bono took the stage at the Waldorf-Astoria to induct Bruce Springsteen into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Calling Springsteen "a prisoner of conscience," Bono credited him with "saving music from the phonies" by, among other things, "ending the 20-minute drum solo."

Tonight at the Waldorf, Springsteen gets to return the favor.

The Boss will be welcoming U2, the biggest marquee name in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2005.

The Hall's 20th annual induction — a black-tie gala for which tickets start at $1,500 — will also honor the influential new wave rock band the Pretenders, soul singer Percy Sledge, rhythm and blues veterans the O'Jays and bluesman Buddy Guy.

U2 — Bono, Adam Clayton, The Edge, Larry Mullen Jr. — "has displayed an extraordinary capacity to create exhilarating music that continues to change with the times," read the Hall's induction announcement.

"Songs such as 'One,' 'Where the Streets Have No Name' and 'Sunday Bloody Sunday' address complex, compelling social and spiritual issues but still manage to be accessible."

Music business veterans Seymour Stein and Frank Barsalona, will be inducted as non-performers.

Stein, one of the last of the old-time record "moguls," founded Sire Records in 1966 and over the years signed artists including Madonna, the Ramones, the Talking Heads and k.d. lang.

Barsalona started Premier Talent, the prototype for rock 'n' roll booking agencies. Over the years he represented Springsteen, Led Zeppelin, the Who, U2 and many others.

The new Hall of Famers will be inducted by the likes of Justin Timberlake (the O'Jays), the team of B.B. King and Eric Clapton (Guy) and Neil Young (the Pretenders).

Rod Stewart, whose lukewarm past attitude toward the Hall is reflected by the fact he skipped his own induction in 1994, is set to honor Sledge, best known for the classic "When a Man Loves a Woman."

Eddie Levert of the O'Jays says the best part of being included in the Hall is that it acknowledges the power of rhythm and blues.

"It shows R&B is as American as apple pie. Even in the era of hip-hop music, there's still a place for songs like 'Love Train' and 'Used to Be My Girl.'

"Music by groups like us, the Miracles, the Chi-Lites, the Impressions," he says, "it'll always be around."

For his part, Guy ticks off a list of other bluesmen and says, "There's a lot of great players who should have been in before me." High on his list: Guitar Slim, whose playing, Guy says, inspired him to take up music for a living.

But he's excited about his own induction, too.

"I don't know if I can make a speech or not," says Guy. "I'll try my best."

The Rock Hall, in Cleveland, draws about half a million visitors a year. Following the pattern of the past several years, tonight's induction is expected to include performances through the evening. A jam session is tentatively scheduled for the end.

VH1 will tape the event and air highlights Saturday at 9 p.m.

Artists are eligible for induction 25 years after their first record. They are nominated by a Hall committee and voted on by about 1,000 artists, writers and industry people.

Those eligible but not voted in this include Patti Smith, Grandmaster Flash, Randy Newman and the Sex Pistols. "

" Stones Rule Ya Punk Ass , YA PUNK ASS Bastards ! "

Cassie & Yates ! ™

[ Edited by Pete Townshend / MaxLugar / Tim Robbins ]

[Edited by Joey]
March 14th, 2005 10:49 AM
Bizarro JB What am I a clown? I amuse you? You think I'm funny?
March 14th, 2005 10:50 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

I absolutely adore these little characters .........

If it wasn't for My Baby Puggy , Fiji , BJB , & SJ --- I seriously doubt I would even post here at this most prodigious of message boards whilst my Baby Joshy is ................W- W- W- W- What ?!?! ...............Oh , sure ! :

http://www.interference.com/u2117716/index.html

" Six years ago tomorrow, U2 front man Bono took the stage at the Waldorf-Astoria to induct Bruce Springsteen into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Calling Springsteen "a prisoner of conscience," Bono credited him with "saving music from the phonies" by, among other things, "ending the 20-minute drum solo."

Tonight at the Waldorf, Springsteen gets to return the favor.

The Boss will be welcoming U2, the biggest marquee name in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2005.

The Hall's 20th annual induction — a black-tie gala for which tickets start at $1,500 — will also honor the influential new wave rock band the Pretenders, soul singer Percy Sledge, rhythm and blues veterans the O'Jays and bluesman Buddy Guy.

U2 — Bono, Adam Clayton, The Edge, Larry Mullen Jr. — "has displayed an extraordinary capacity to create exhilarating music that continues to change with the times," read the Hall's induction announcement.

"Songs such as 'One,' 'Where the Streets Have No Name' and 'Sunday Bloody Sunday' address complex, compelling social and spiritual issues but still manage to be accessible."

Music business veterans Seymour Stein and Frank Barsalona, will be inducted as non-performers.

Stein, one of the last of the old-time record "moguls," founded Sire Records in 1966 and over the years signed artists including Madonna, the Ramones, the Talking Heads and k.d. lang.

Barsalona started Premier Talent, the prototype for rock 'n' roll booking agencies. Over the years he represented Springsteen, Led Zeppelin, the Who, U2 and many others.

The new Hall of Famers will be inducted by the likes of Justin Timberlake (the O'Jays), the team of B.B. King and Eric Clapton (Guy) and Neil Young (the Pretenders).

Rod Stewart, whose lukewarm past attitude toward the Hall is reflected by the fact he skipped his own induction in 1994, is set to honor Sledge, best known for the classic "When a Man Loves a Woman."

Eddie Levert of the O'Jays says the best part of being included in the Hall is that it acknowledges the power of rhythm and blues.

"It shows R&B is as American as apple pie. Even in the era of hip-hop music, there's still a place for songs like 'Love Train' and 'Used to Be My Girl.'

"Music by groups like us, the Miracles, the Chi-Lites, the Impressions," he says, "it'll always be around."

For his part, Guy ticks off a list of other bluesmen and says, "There's a lot of great players who should have been in before me." High on his list: Guitar Slim, whose playing, Guy says, inspired him to take up music for a living.

But he's excited about his own induction, too.

"I don't know if I can make a speech or not," says Guy. "I'll try my best."

The Rock Hall, in Cleveland, draws about half a million visitors a year. Following the pattern of the past several years, tonight's induction is expected to include performances through the evening. A jam session is tentatively scheduled for the end.

VH1 will tape the event and air highlights Saturday at 9 p.m.

Artists are eligible for induction 25 years after their first record. They are nominated by a Hall committee and voted on by about 1,000 artists, writers and industry people.

Those eligible but not voted in this include Patti Smith, Grandmaster Flash, Randy Newman and the Sex Pistols. "

" Stones Rule Ya Punk Ass , YA PUNK ASS Bastards ! "

Cassie & Yates ! ™

[ Edited by Pete Townshend / MaxLugar / Tim Robbins ]

[Edited by Joey]

you make puggy cry:

March 14th, 2005 11:38 AM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

you make puggy cry:

]

Puggy ........................

Come to Joey ! :

W- W- What ?!?! ....................Oh , OK ! :

" Has anybody here seen my old friend Joshy?
Can you tell me where he's gone?
He freed a lot of people,
But it seems the good they die young.
You know, I just looked around and he's gone.

Anybody here seen my old friend John?
I just looked around and he's gone.

Anybody here seen my old friend Martin?
I just looked 'round and he's gone.

Didn't you love the things that they stood for?
Didn't they try to find some good for you and me?
And we'll be free
Some day soon, and it's a-gonna be one day ...

Anybody here seen my old friend Bobby?
I thought I saw him walk up over the hill,
With Joshy, Martin and John. "

Baby Joe

http://www.mecca.org/~crights/dream.html
March 14th, 2005 11:39 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

you make puggy cry:

Dry your eyes Pug...you weren't even mentioned in the pre-edit post
March 14th, 2005 11:42 AM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Dry your eyes Pug...you weren't even mentioned in the pre-edit post

{{{{{{{{{ WTF ?!?!?! }}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{{ ? }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

{{{ ************** BLANK FRIGGIN STARE ************* }}}

Fiji , you make Joey say , Huh ?!?!

[ Edited by Timothy Robbins & Sean Penn ]
March 14th, 2005 11:50 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

{{{{{{{{{ WTF ?!?!?! }}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{{ ? }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

{{{ ************** BLANK FRIGGIN STARE ************* }}}

Fiji , you make Joey say , Huh ?!?!

[ Edited by Timothy Robbins & Sean Penn ]

this has affected my digestion schedule today
March 14th, 2005 11:58 AM
Fiji Joe It's true, I saw the post before the edit and you were not mentioned...ask yourself, what did "The Joey" edit?...the cut and paste portion?...nah..you were included as an afterthought as Joey remembered that he needs you to even stay in the same ballpark with me...you're like his patsy...his Oswalt...his Stephanopolis..his Squiggy...
March 14th, 2005 12:23 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
It's true, I saw the post before the edit and you were not mentioned...ask yourself, what did "The Joey" edit?...the cut and paste portion?...nah..you were included as an afterthought as Joey remembered that he needs you to even stay in the same ballpark with me...you're like his patsy...his Oswalt...his Stephanopolis..his Squiggy...

The Joey may have been considering devoting a new thread to the fearsome Pug/Joey tandem and at the last moment decided that he did not want to infuriate the usual suspects and decided to fly under the radar. That must be it.

PUG OF THE DAY:

his name is Buster
March 14th, 2005 12:28 PM
Fiji Joe Pug wrote:

"The Joey may have been considering devoting a new thread to the fearsome Pug/Joey tandem and at the last moment decided that he did not want to infuriate the usual suspects and decided to fly under the radar. That must be it."

An enternal optimist you are Igor...I hate the way Joey treats you...rest assured, when JB returns, you will be old news...cast aside like broccoli at Queen Latifah's dinner table

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
March 14th, 2005 01:45 PM
Joey " George Ball "

" Under Secretary of State in the Kennedy and Johnson administrations as a member of EX-COMM. George Ball was a prominent dove during the Cuban Missile Crisis, arguing repeatedly about the importance of avoiding irreversible actions that might have severe unintended consequences. As such, he was a strong proponet of the quarantine of Cuba and a critic of those advocating stronger military action, such as an air strike against the missile sites or an invasion of the island. "

[ Edited by MaxLugar / Pete Townshend ]

[Edited by Joey]
March 14th, 2005 01:50 PM
glencar Shit, Joey, Fiji is knocking you all over the place. The count's at 8...get up off the mat ya fat bastard!
March 14th, 2005 01:53 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Shit, Joey, Fiji is knocking you all over the place. The count's at 8...get up off the mat ya fat bastard!

" General Maxwell Taylor "

" Army Chief of Staff under President Eisenhower and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the Kennedy Administration and a member of EX-COMM. General Taylor described himself during the Cuban Missile Crisis as a "twofold hawk" who, like the other Chiefs of Staff, advocated stronger action against the Soviet missiles in Cuba. "

March 14th, 2005 01:55 PM
glencar The JFK admin wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Dubya's the man!
March 14th, 2005 01:55 PM
Joey

Hey Puggy .............................

I kinda like this " PUG OF THE DAY " Thingy :

Buster is Cute ! :

[ Edited by Sean Penn ]

March 14th, 2005 01:57 PM
glencar Sean Penn has NO sense of humor. Or duty!
March 14th, 2005 01:58 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Sean Penn has NO sense of humor. Or duty!

" Robert McNamara was one of the most important players in the Cuban Missile Crisis. As a member of the Executive Committee, he was initially a forceful proponent of an air attack on Cuba, but then along with Robert Kennedy and Theodore Sorenson, he quickly changed his mind to support a blockade. Kennedy, Sorenson, and McNamara were some of the President's most trusted advisors, so when they backed a quarantine, the President considered it a viable option. On October 18, McNamara pointed out that an air strike could never be "surgical," as Secretary Rusk liked to call it, and that, "once you've started a shooting war, there's little you can do to stop it."

McNamara's most crucial role was managing the quarantine and reining in the military. President Kennedy relied heavily on his Secretary of Defense to control the military's leaders who uniformly advocated stronger action. After the crisis Kennedy remarked this about McNamara: "The military are mad. They wanted to do this [invade]. It's lucky for us that we have McNamara over there [in the Department of Defense]."

March 14th, 2005 02:02 PM
glencar In the 80's McNamara's wife took up with original "Crossfire" host Tom Braden, author of "Eight Is Enough." McNamara was certainly no Rummy.
March 14th, 2005 02:02 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
In the 80's McNamara's wife took up with original "Crossfire" host Tom Braden, author of "Eight Is Enough." McNamara was certainly no Rummy.

" Robert Kennedy's role in the Missile Crisis was both as a facilitator and as an unquestioned confidante. Because the President could not be present at all the EX-COMM meetings, he assigned Robert the task of facilitating the discussions. The Attorney General performed expertly at steering the group and probing the members with difficult questions. Robert also voiced opinions of his own, which greatly helped in the crisis resolution. Perhaps Kennedy's most significant contribution was being adamantly opposed to an air strike from the outset. On October 16 he said:

"You're going to kill an awful lot of people [with an air strike] and we are going to take a lot of heat for it.... You're going to announce the reason that you're doing it is because they're sending this kind of missiles, well, I think it's almost incumbent upon the Russians then to say, 'Well, we're going to send them in again, and if you do it again ... we're going to do the same thing to Turkey or ... Iran.'"
When thinking more about the air strike he remarked, "Now I know what Tojo must have felt like when he was planning Pearl Harbor." Attacking a much smaller country was not something the United States did.

Kennedy also proved his ability to reason clearly and look ahead in the discussion about why the missiles should be removed: "The other problem is in South America a year from now. And the fact that you got these things in the hands of Cubans here and then say some problem arises in Venezuela. You've got Castro saying, 'you move troops down into that part of Venezuela, we're going to fire these missiles.'"

Kennedy's second major contribution was his contact with Soviet Ambassador Anatoly Dobrynin. Through the back-channel Kennedy was able to convey his brother's wishes and work out a secret deal. In Khrushchev's memiors there is a section devoted to the crisis and his communications with Ambassador Dobrynin. It shows that the Soviet Premeir highly valued this channel since it came directly from the President.

Overall, Robert Kennedy was the second most important man on the American side of the crisis. From his energetic approach to contacting Ambassador Dobrynin, Kennedy was an invaluble help to his brother and the world. "
March 14th, 2005 02:05 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
Shit, Joey, Fiji is knocking you all over the place. The count's at 8...get up off the mat ya fat bastard!

Oh, he is punch drunk alright...I would call it the rope-a-dope but that would be an insult to stupid people...

He swings blindly...at what is the question...the ghosts of his past?...the demons in his closet?...the gnats that surround his smelly ass?...

Developing..........

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
March 14th, 2005 02:07 PM
Joey " DEAN RUSK "

" In the wake of the Crisis's resolution, Rusk cautioned the press and the President not to gloat or claim victory. He rightly worried about undermining Khrushchev's position of power. If the Soviets felt as if they lost too much in the Crisis, hard-liners could have ousted Khrushchev. Then the careful agreement reached by both sides could have collapsed and the Crisis situation resumed.

Rusk's role in EX-COMM was often seen as insignificant, but recently new evidence has arisen to the contrary. It seems that Rusk played a more active, defining role on the committee. His quiet loyalty to the country and President proved to be important. Without Rusk's behind the scenes work, the Crisis resolution would have had a different look. "
March 14th, 2005 02:12 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

" Robert Kennedy's role in the Missile Crisis was both as a facilitator and as an unquestioned confidante. Because the President could not be present at all the EX-COMM meetings, he assigned Robert the task of facilitating the discussions. The Attorney General performed expertly at steering the group and probing the members with difficult questions. Robert also voiced opinions of his own, which greatly helped in the crisis resolution. Perhaps Kennedy's most significant contribution was being adamantly opposed to an air strike from the outset. On October 16 he said:

"You're going to kill an awful lot of people [with an air strike] and we are going to take a lot of heat for it.... You're going to announce the reason that you're doing it is because they're sending this kind of missiles, well, I think it's almost incumbent upon the Russians then to say, 'Well, we're going to send them in again, and if you do it again ... we're going to do the same thing to Turkey or ... Iran.'"
When thinking more about the air strike he remarked, "Now I know what Tojo must have felt like when he was planning Pearl Harbor." Attacking a much smaller country was not something the United States did.

Kennedy also proved his ability to reason clearly and look ahead in the discussion about why the missiles should be removed: "The other problem is in South America a year from now. And the fact that you got these things in the hands of Cubans here and then say some problem arises in Venezuela. You've got Castro saying, 'you move troops down into that part of Venezuela, we're going to fire these missiles.'"

Kennedy's second major contribution was his contact with Soviet Ambassador Anatoly Dobrynin. Through the back-channel Kennedy was able to convey his brother's wishes and work out a secret deal. In Khrushchev's memiors there is a section devoted to the crisis and his communications with Ambassador Dobrynin. It shows that the Soviet Premeir highly valued this channel since it came directly from the President.

Overall, Robert Kennedy was the second most important man on the American side of the crisis. From his energetic approach to contacting Ambassador Dobrynin, Kennedy was an invaluble help to his brother and the world. "

Come On Joey....GET UP!!!!!

The Pug of the Day thing will continue.

Fiji is winning today Joey.....lets see what you got!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood