ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© LFI with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: your thoughts on the 02 Arena show? Return to archive Page: 1 2
22nd March 2007 03:51 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

I did not care at all for that press conference..Mick acted very old and stale.

It doesn't help that these things are somewhat lame and unnecessary in this day and age.
22nd March 2007 03:54 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

It doesn't help that these things are somewhat lame and unnecessary in this day and age.

It was really bad..some overhyped guy asking Mick questions from the internet and Mick acting like he couldn't care less...in all candor, I don't think they could care less ab out the fans...the shows are simply a means to fund their lifestyles, and the lack of any real care for the fans, the products, or each other is readily apparent to all but the biggest Stones apologists..
22nd March 2007 03:56 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

It was really bad..some overhyped guy asking Mick questions from the internet and Mick acting like he couldn't care less...in all candor, I don't think they could care less ab out the fans...the shows are simply a means to fund their lifestyles, and the lack of any real care for the fans, the products, or each other is readily apparent to all but the biggest Stones apologists..

Then why must gross be protected?
22nd March 2007 03:59 PM
jb Because that's quite frankly , all we have had to brag about the past 2 decades. They are still , by and large, a huge draw. The fact that they can generate the numbers they do, without a hit single/album in 25 yrs is a testament to their greatness....Again, I really enjoyed the shows I saw this tour, but stepping aside a bit from being a life long fan, it angers me to see how little they care....
22nd March 2007 04:00 PM
pdog I care!
22nd March 2007 04:00 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
Because that's quite frankly , all we have had to brag about the past 2 decades. They are still , by and large, a huge draw. The fact that they can generate the numbers they do, without a hit single/album in 25 yrs is a testament to their greatness....Again, I really enjoyed the shows I saw this tour, but stepping aside a bit from being a life long fan, it angers me to see how little they care....

I am not sure it's much to brag about. When I post the boxscores to general music groups, many act disgusted!
22nd March 2007 04:06 PM
pdog I'm disgusted!
22nd March 2007 04:19 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
I'm disgusted!

I just heard Bon Jovi is opening this venue.
22nd March 2007 04:26 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

I continue to suffer from flank pain, chronic IBS, benign fasciculation, and other stress related conditions. This includes rectal irritation, burning sensations upon urination, swollen glands, loose skin, and a very painful bile duct. Lately, this stress has caused scalp twitching, which I fear is a symptom of a major, terminal ailment.

Tee Hee
22nd March 2007 04:28 PM
Saint Sway
I continue to suffer from flank pain, chronic IBS, benign fasciculation, and other stress related conditions. This includes rectal irritation, burning sensations upon urination, swollen glands, loose skin, and a very painful bile duct. Lately, this stress has caused scalp twitching, which I fear is a symptom of a major, terminal ailment.

Tee Hee
22nd March 2007 04:46 PM
CraigP I think Keith is most likely to care about fans.
For Mick, it's obvious that he's always in need to "work" and touring is, indeed, work! Esp. for near-elderly.

Without the band being active over time, they'd go nuts because The Stones have been their lives since they were my frickin' age!

They don't need the money.
22nd March 2007 05:18 PM
mojoman
quote:
jb wrote:

In her day, Victoria Pricipal was extremely hot!!! What happened to the great Patrick Duffy? He was also in a series where he was a fish...

she was one hot mama!!! patrick duffy=the man from alantis boy that was weak!!!
22nd March 2007 05:26 PM
glencar Hmm, is this still a continuation of ABB?
22nd March 2007 05:27 PM
glencar
quote:
Dan wrote:

I am not sure it's much to brag about. When I post the boxscores to general music groups, many act disgusted!

I'm more disgusted by your "breeders sicken me" comment. You're odd.
22nd March 2007 05:28 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm more disgusted by your "breeders sicken me" comment. You're odd.

I despise children.
22nd March 2007 05:30 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

if their greed bothers you that much, then dont indulge them by buying $10,000 tickets!
22nd March 2007 05:30 PM
Angiegirl Glad you never were one then.
22nd March 2007 05:31 PM
fireontheplatter this arena looks really nice. is it new?
i would love to go to this show.
i enjoyed the press conference with mick....i didn't think he was stale and old at all.
i am really looking forward to this tour for them.
i think they care for their fans....a little bit anyway.

everybody say ow
22nd March 2007 05:32 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

if their greed bothers you that much, then dont indulge them by buying $10,000 tickets!

LOL
22nd March 2007 05:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
this arena looks really nice. is it new?

yes and no. Opened in 1999, closed and now relaunched

http://novogate.com/board/968/235473-2.html
22nd March 2007 05:58 PM
RSRTG Will they perform at Wembley Stadium or not???? anyone's thoughts on this please?
22nd March 2007 06:34 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
RSRTG wrote:
Will they perform at Wembley Stadium or not???? anyone's thoughts on this please?

Don't think so. If they could have made a date there, it would have been in this initial list, is my guess.

I think the late planning is also the cause of Nijmegen's show, they probably couldn't get a stadium. That, or that miserable field was a lot cheaper to rent. Probably the latter.

[Edited by Angiegirl]
22nd March 2007 06:38 PM
Gazza
quote:
RSRTG wrote:
Will they perform at Wembley Stadium or not???? anyone's thoughts on this please?

No. The venue isnt available in late August.
22nd March 2007 06:38 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
glencar wrote:
Hmm, is this still a continuation of ABB?

yes, i think it is...why. you got a problem with that?
22nd March 2007 10:28 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:

I despise children.

Damn, did your parents fuck you up that bad? LOL!
22nd March 2007 10:56 PM
glencar
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

yes, i think it is...why. you got a problem with that?

Lighten up, Frances! I am an ABB-lover. Perhaps you haven't seen my sturdy defense of the last great Stones album? Look around. TIA!!!
23rd March 2007 11:34 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
Fuck London..there is no telling whem where or if this thing gets off the ground..we were on pass for close to 400 million gross..but Noooooooooooooo!!! keioth has to climbo a fucking Palm Tree and fall!!! The guy has suvived heroin and every other vice to man, but a fucking cococut allegedly may have done hiom in.....(also allegid rumors of pre-exoisting clot detected, but this is pure speculation). I've had abporto enough of the sucking already!

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)