ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© LFI with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones at Cannes Film Festival.... Return to archive Page: 1 2
22nd March 2007 10:19 AM
Ephrata Stone ...MAYBE.....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,260381,00.html

The way things are shaping up, the 60th Annual Cannes Film Festival is going to be one wild fortnight by the Croisette.

Martin Scorsese and the Rolling Stones may turn up to premiere their concert film, tentatively titled "Live at the Beacon." Paramount Pictures, which caused a sensation last year at Cannes with "Dreamgirls," is talking to the whole lot of them now.....
22nd March 2007 11:32 AM
jb Ridiculous that a concert of a band long past it 's prime would get a Canes screening,....this is a tribute to Scorcese as no one is interested in another boring concert film...
22nd March 2007 02:07 PM
texile
quote:
jb wrote:
Ridiculous that a concert of a band long past it 's prime would get a Canes screening,....this is a tribute to Scorcese as no one is interested in another boring concert film...

harsh, but true.
i'm not even interested in another stones modern-day concert film..
now, show cocksucker blues - then that would be cool.
22nd March 2007 02:09 PM
jb
quote:
texile wrote:

harsh, but true.
i'm not even interested in another stones modern-day concert film..
now, show cocksucker blues - then that would be cool.

They never come off well in film...I am one of the few who finds LSTNT boring.....same for 4 flicks....only film I enjoy is Ladies and Gentleman for the great playing....artistically it is sub-par.
[Edited by jb]
22nd March 2007 03:04 PM
texile
quote:
jb wrote:

They never come off well in film...I am one of the few who finds LSTNT boring.....same for 4 flicks....only film I enjoy is Ladies and Gentleman for the great playing....artistically it is sub-par.
[Edited by jb]

i couldn't even GET through four flicks....
and i NEVER liked LSTNT - even when i was 14....
the look, sound sucks....

i finally got a decent copy of Ladies and Gentlemen -
and combined my boot soundtrack with the film and it was great.....
for just a straight performance film, i loved it...

22nd March 2007 03:13 PM
jb
quote:
texile wrote:

i couldn't even GET through four flicks....
and i NEVER liked LSTNT - even when i was 14....
the look, sound sucks....

i finally got a decent copy of Ladies and Gentlemen -
and combined my boot soundtrack with the film and it was great.....
for just a straight performance film, i loved it...

You are very smart and courageous.....I found 4 flicks boring and even the "staged" scenes were cheesy.
22nd March 2007 04:44 PM
glencar Oh Joshy, you are "Out of Control"!
22nd March 2007 05:36 PM
Dear Doctor the beacon show is a farce , it will be a political platform for hiliary

the stones sold-out big time here as did Scorscese, the fake fans in the front and all of the comp'ed celebrities will make this film quite a cheese fest

as for four flicks if I blast it over my speakers it can be quite good,
Don't Stop and Monkey Man back to back from the garden rocks
22nd March 2007 06:25 PM
ebmp 4 Flicks is great just because of the Theater show. The setlist is great. The docummentary CD is great aswell

22nd March 2007 07:49 PM
glencar
quote:
Dear Doctor wrote:
the beacon show is a farce , it will be a political platform for hiliary

the stones sold-out big time here as did Scorscese, the fake fans in the front and all of the comp'ed celebrities will make this film quite a cheese fest

as for four flicks if I blast it over my speakers it can be quite good,
Don't Stop and Monkey Man back to back from the garden rocks

I sure hope they don't show the Pillsbury Doughboy's speech! It was pretty dull & he added an unwanted encore!
22nd March 2007 09:12 PM
Dear Doctor
quote:
glencar wrote:
I sure hope they don't show the Pillsbury Doughboy's speech! It was pretty dull & he added an unwanted encore!

I wish I was in the right clique to have gotten in, unfortunately I didn't go.
Glad to see you did,

I would expect to see Slick Willie in all his glorious rosceca colored face glory. I hear they filmed a special segment earlier in the week with the Clintons. All this bullshit will be in the film, the stones are now political and commercial whores
22nd March 2007 10:49 PM
texile
quote:
Dear Doctor wrote:

I would expect to see Slick Willie in all his glorious rosceca colored face glory. I hear they filmed a special segment earlier in the week with the Clintons. All this bullshit will be in the film, the stones are now political and commercial whores

lol...
sickening, isn't it?
22nd March 2007 11:01 PM
Bob Tamp I think they should release the Beacon on the 4 dvd disc set. I think they are fucking idiots if the Scorcesse film is just the Beacon concerts instead of a full history documentary.
22nd March 2007 11:02 PM
glencar The movie has to be released to theaters apparently.
23rd March 2007 08:15 AM
Bob Tamp People dont go to theaters any more for just a concert movie. It is now 2007, and why would the general public besides die hard Stones fans pay good money just to watch a concert on the screen. I was hoping the Scorcesse documentary would be like 25 X 5, but with even rarer footage, and would be generally interesting to people whether they were true fans or not.
23rd March 2007 08:33 AM
Gazza
quote:
Dear Doctor wrote:
the beacon show is a farce , it will be a political platform for hiliary

I honestly dont think it will, as the primary focus on the movie is the Stones shows. The movie has to have a commercial angle, and if its going to generate sales and warrant repeated viewing its going to have to rely mainly on the music. The Clinton Gala aspect of it was merely a sideshow (and it was only one of the two nights anyway)

quote:

agree with that bit. Whilst it was nice for the few genuine fans who DID manage to get in, the whole thing left a bad taste in the mouth for the most part, especially the decision to pull the AC show at a few hours notice - inconveniencing THOUSANDS of real fans - because Jagger had knackered his voice by ignoring years-old medical advice to rehearse for a few straight nights for the Beacon shows. When I saw pictures of those hired model 'fans' down the front, the phoniness of it made me want to barf.

I'm still surprised at anyone expressing shock in this day and age at the Stones making a decision that smacks of a 'sell out' though as pretty much any career move they choose to make is financially motivated.

[Edited by Gazza]
23rd March 2007 08:37 AM
Gazza
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:
People dont go to theaters any more for just a concert movie. It is now 2007, and why would the general public besides die hard Stones fans pay good money just to watch a concert on the screen.

I agree with that, which is why I've expressed my doubts since this film was first mooted as to whether there will be sufficient public interest in it to merit anything more than a very limited distribution to movie theatres - at best.
23rd March 2007 08:37 AM
swapwoodfortaylor For me The Stones are now 3 blokes and a hell of a lot of hangers on. I'll buy anything on film by them but I do find guests joining them on stage infuriating on the various films.
23rd March 2007 08:51 AM
gimmekeef For the whiners....its real easy..dont buy it or go to see it....I'm sure you'll be in the huge majority.Me...hell I bought the damn slippers so I'm beyond help....
23rd March 2007 09:08 AM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
For the whiners....its real easy..dont buy it or go to see it....I'm sure you'll be in the huge majority.Me...hell I bought the damn slippers so I'm beyond help....

LOL

shit, the music will be fine and the shows by all accounts were terrific. That doesnt mean that aspects of the film and the process that surrounded it may not be somewhat contrived.
23rd March 2007 10:07 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
For the whiners....its real easy..dont buy it or go to see it....I'm sure you'll be in the huge majority.Me...hell I bought the damn slippers so I'm beyond help....

Oh, don't worry gimmekeef.... the majority of these whiners and complainers will be the first in line to get their copy or see the movie...just like they use RS.con to get their tickets when there is a Pre-Sale

23rd March 2007 10:12 AM
glencar I think the movie has to be released to theaters for at least a week to qualify for an Oscar. Scorcese will probably try for a Best Doco Full Length Oscar on the the strength of this film.

23rd March 2007 10:13 AM
glencar I should note that I agree with those who say it won't get too many tix at the box office.
23rd March 2007 10:14 AM
jb The only reason I may buy it is b/c Christine Angulera is one hot , sexy, dirty, chick......
23rd March 2007 10:15 AM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

agree with that bit. Whilst it was nice for the few genuine fans who DID manage to get in, the whole thing left a bad taste in the mouth for the most part, especially the decision to pull the AC show at a few hours notice - inconveniencing THOUSANDS of real fans - because Jagger had knackered his voice by ignoring years-old medical advice to rehearse for a few straight nights for the Beacon shows. When I saw pictures of those hired model 'fans' down the front, the phoniness of it made me want to barf.

[Edited by Gazza]

I was so high up that I never got to see the hired help. I saw some celebs & I saw some Shedoodies running in the streets towards the Beacon but the first time I'll see the models is at the theater.
23rd March 2007 10:15 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
The only reason I may buy it is b/c Christine Angulera is one hot , sexy, dirty, chick......

You will like her hit looks but man, she can't just sing when a screech will do...
23rd March 2007 10:20 AM
PartyDoll MEG Certainly hope that Scorsese/Jagger aren't that stupid to release it to general movie theaters. A limited engagement in a small number of "artsy" theaters around the time of those asinine awards shows would be my guess..
23rd March 2007 10:21 AM
glencar I'm sure that's what will happen. While I'll be able to trek into Manhattan, I fear for those in the hinterlands who wish to see this future masterpiece.
23rd March 2007 10:26 AM
jb Gazza is correct...I do not see a viable market at all...look at the disaster Rio was...9 fucking people in the audience !!!!
23rd March 2007 10:28 AM
glencar Yeah, that's Boca for ye!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)