ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© LFI with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Which city ? Return to archive
22nd March 2007 07:23 AM
Private Godfrey To combine seeing the stones and a weeks holiday which European show would you recommend and why ?
22nd March 2007 07:36 AM
EELPIE whichever city is slated for multiple shows
i.e Londinium
22nd March 2007 08:29 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
EELPIE wrote:
whichever city is slated for multiple shows
i.e Londinium

no london shows confirmed as yet - Isle Of Wight Festival only British sow confirmed as yet
22nd March 2007 08:33 AM
egon barcelona

even if they play shit, well... you're still in BARCA!
22nd March 2007 08:36 AM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

no london shows confirmed as yet - Isle Of Wight Festival only British sow confirmed as yet

Well, nothing is actually 'confirmed' for almost anywhere but France it seems. They'll be in London late August, though, I'm sure.

I'd be surprised if any other city gets more than one show.

As far as going to see a few shows. Best to wait until you see the itinerary and (like me) check to see the airline prices around that time. Especially handy for commuting between shows. I recommend looking up the info on each airport youre considering flying to on wikipedia, as that site gives a list of all the cities from where you can fly into each airport, along with the airline. Its quite helpful because a lot of the search engines for flight offers dont list entries for the low-cost airlines like Easyjet, Ryanair, Air Berlin, Vueling, Wizzair and the like.
22nd March 2007 08:44 AM
egon indeed gazza!

and let me be the 1st to give some travel tips;

for cheap flights that get either cancelled or fly
to an entire different country then booked, please check:

www. ryanair.(fuckingbastard)scum

[Edited by egon]
22nd March 2007 09:23 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Well, nothing is actually 'confirmed' for almost anywhere but France it seems. They'll be in London late August, though, I'm sure.

I'd be surprised if any other city gets more than one show.

As far as going to see a few shows. Best to wait until you see the itinerary and (like me) check to see the airline prices around that time. Especially handy for commuting between shows. I recommend looking up the info on each airport youre considering flying to on wikipedia, as that site gives a list of all the cities from where you can fly into each airport, along with the airline. Its quite helpful because a lot of the search engines for flight offers dont list entries for the low-cost airlines like Easyjet, Ryanair, Air Berlin, Vueling, Wizzair and the like.

cheers for the advice, dunno what i'll be doing with the shows, no doubt me and Zeeta will go to one, this time we'll actually meet up with u and the rest of 'gang'
22nd March 2007 11:42 AM
Private Godfrey Thanks Gazza and co, i shall keep an eye on Barcelona - i'm taking the little lady who isn't the worlds no.1 stones fan, so i need somewhere scenic with lots to do and see and eat - cafe's, shops, views, nice people...
22nd March 2007 06:47 PM
fireontheplatter spain sounds real nice...
i bet it will be nice and sunny and warm and the wine is a plenty and inexpensive.
22nd March 2007 06:53 PM
glencar
quote:
Private Godfrey wrote:
Thanks Gazza and co, i shall keep an eye on Barcelona - i'm taking the little lady who isn't the worlds no.1 stones fan, so i need somewhere scenic with lots to do and see and eat - cafe's, shops, views, nice people...

I'd recommend Rome. Lots to see & do. Also, I think that show's in the earlier part of summer so it'll be cheaper for Americans...
[Edited by glencar]
22nd March 2007 07:18 PM
Gazza
quote:
Private Godfrey wrote:
Thanks Gazza and co, i shall keep an eye on Barcelona - i'm taking the little lady who isn't the worlds no.1 stones fan, so i need somewhere scenic with lots to do and see and eat - cafe's, shops, views, nice people...

A double header of Lisbon and Madrid looks affordable from what I can see. Using low cost airlines and if youre flying Monday-Friday. There's a low cost airline in Spain called Vueling (www.vueling.com) which has one way flights between Lisbon and Madrid for thirty quid!!!
22nd March 2007 07:30 PM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

cheers for the advice, dunno what i'll be doing with the shows, no doubt me and Zeeta will go to one, this time we'll actually meet up with u and the rest of 'gang'

You shall.

speakin' of Zeeta, where is that Tyke bollix these days? he hasnt been on here in ages.
22nd March 2007 07:35 PM
Flairville Gazza, excuse the ignorance but which airport would be best to get to El Ejido? Ben.
22nd March 2007 07:43 PM
Gazza El Ejido is in the province of Almeria in Andalucia

I would imagine Almeria would be your nearest airport as El Ejido is quite a small city.

You can fly to Almeria with Easyjet, jet2 etc.
22nd March 2007 07:47 PM
Flairville Thanks for that, I've just realised through a post on IORR that below the presale info on RS.com is a list of all the dates. Busy working on an itinerary now!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)