ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© LFI with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pics of Patti Smith at Rich Robinsons St Pats show Return to archive Page: 1 2
21st March 2007 01:52 PM
Saint Sway Patti Smith made another cameo at Rich Robinson & Luther Dickinsons "Circle Sound" show on saturday.

it was the 2nd time Rich & Luther have done one of these shows and both times Patti has shown up. Her son Jackson Smith showed up too and played guitar on about 6 or so songs. He was really good. And Rich said some really nice words about being impressed with Jackson's guitar talent when he brought him out on stage.

heres some pics. More to come...

[Edited by Saint Sway]
21st March 2007 01:58 PM
Maxlugar Joey?

21st March 2007 02:02 PM
Saint Sway heres a nice shot of Patti's son Jackson playing alongside the Black Crowes Rich Robinson

and heres one of Jackson Smith getting down with the North Missisippi All Stars Luther Dickenson. Crowes bassist Sven Pippien is in the background.

and some more of Patti...

21st March 2007 02:13 PM
monkey_man Maxy?

21st March 2007 02:22 PM
GotToRollMe Damn, Jackson is the spittin' image of his father.
21st March 2007 02:53 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Damn, Jackson is the spittin' image of his father.

21st March 2007 03:14 PM
F505
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
heres a nice shot of Patti's son Jackson playing alongside the Black Crowes Rich Robinson

and heres one of Jackson Smith getting down with the North Missisippi All Stars Luther Dickenson. Crowes bassist Sven Pippien is in the background.

and some more of Patti...

Great! But eh... is Rich visiting the same MacDonald's as Mick Taylor?
21st March 2007 03:53 PM
Saint Sway here's the set list:

the show was mostly made up of rockin blooze tunes, with a sprinkling of Dylan covers that you'll NEVER hear Bob play all in one set (Aint No Cane, Outlaw Blues, Sign On The Window, Corrina). Amazingly sandwiched in between the opener of Neil Youngs "Down By The River' and final encore of The Replacements "I.O.U."!!!!!!

they also managed to fit in a Little Feat #, a gorgeous rendition of Willie Nelsons "Blue Skies" and a rockin Stephen Stills song of his Manassas record!!
21st March 2007 04:15 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
here's the set list:

Irving Plaza will soon become a "Fillmore" thanks to Live Nation trying to build out the brand ala House of Blues. . .
SHIVER!
21st March 2007 07:16 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Nice pics, Sway.
Too bad you weren't a little closer...

BTW, Ollabelle also did Ain't No More Cane on Saturday at the Beacon.
But it's not a Dylan original.

And even though Willie's made Blue Skies his own, it's written by Irving Berlin.
Speaking of Willie, you going to see him, Merle and Ray Price tomorrow at RCMH?
21st March 2007 07:56 PM
sammy davis jr. Jackson's dad looks great singing.
21st March 2007 08:19 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
here's the set list:

the show was mostly made up of rockin blooze tunes, with a sprinkling of Dylan covers that you'll NEVER hear Bob play all in one set (Aint No Cane, Outlaw Blues, Sign On The Window, Corrina). Amazingly sandwiched in between the opener of Neil Youngs "Down By The River' and final encore of The Replacements "I.O.U."!!!!!!

they also managed to fit in a Little Feat #, a gorgeous rendition of Willie Nelsons "Blue Skies" and a rockin Stephen Stills song of his Manassas record!!

Very sweet. "I.O.U." must've kicked ass. What a great, and somewhat surprising, choice. Rich really loves that Manassas record, doesn't he? I loved watching Chris play guitar on "Song of Love" ... he'd play that little lead lick, looking at Rich as if to say, "Hey, watch me dive!"

On another note, Rich seems to have a gotten a little pudgy under the chin lately. Onset of middle age?
21st March 2007 08:32 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Irving Plaza will soon become a "Fillmore" thanks to Live Nation trying to build out the brand ala House of Blues. . .
SHIVER!

*shiver* indeed!

Sway, you took these pics? Nice!

22nd March 2007 10:37 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
Nice pics, Sway.
Too bad you weren't a little closer...

BTW, Ollabelle also did Ain't No More Cane on Saturday at the Beacon.
But it's not a Dylan original.

And even though Willie's made Blue Skies his own, it's written by Irving Berlin.
Speaking of Willie, you going to see him, Merle and Ray Price tomorrow at RCMH?

I didnt take any of these pics. A lot were taken by my friend Joe Russo, who gets great live shots. The others I got off a crowes board.

Not making Willie/Merle/Ray show at RCMH or the Lucinda show, going instead to see Izzys & Band of Thieves at Cutting Room at 11 on Friday. As much as I love Lucinda, Willie & Merle I just never enjoy shows at Radio City.
Its just one of those venues when I hear a band playing there I get bummed.

Saw Levon's show at the Beacon on Friday. No "Aint No More Cane' but so many of my favorites were played. What a joyous night that was!!!
23rd March 2007 12:38 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Very sweet. "I.O.U." must've kicked ass. What a great, and somewhat surprising, choice.

I kicked serious ass. Rocked hard!!

I went bezerk during it. They should close every show with a Mats tune

did you know that Luther Dickinson's legendary father produced The Replacements "Pleased To Meet Me"

North Miss All Stars also have an EP out with a cover of "Skyway" on it.

"Stray Cat Blues" is on it too!!!! GET IT!
23rd March 2007 12:39 PM
glencar
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

SHIVER!

Seriuosly shivering! What's with the corping up of everything???
23rd March 2007 04:32 PM
Throwaway I think Sway is the 3rd Robinson brother. Seriously. I'm listenin to NMAS' version of Stray Cat on iTunes now..kind of a more bluesy rendition of the album version..likin the slide guitar in the mix.
23rd March 2007 04:37 PM
Saint Sway how was your NYC trip?
23rd March 2007 04:47 PM
Throwaway
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
how was your NYC trip?

very cool, thanks for asking..it had been years since I'd gone and this was the first time i fully understood how amazing the place is..just WOW. Almost unbelievable how little English was spoken , specially around Soho. As for entertainment, my expectations were surpassed...I'm really jealous of your ability to have Lucinda/Patti Smith/TBC/BB King/the Izzys play in town so often. You're from Manhattan, right?
23rd March 2007 04:59 PM
Saint Sway yes. I live in midtown Manhattan.

sometimes theres actually too much music here.... tonite i had to pick between Lucinda Williams at Radio City, Allmans at The Beacon and The Izzys & Band of Thieves at The Cutting Room. Its great, but being a big live music geek I hate missing anything.

the really cool stuff is when one of your favorites artists pops in and plays some little bar unnanounced...

thats why I'm gonna hit the BOT/Izzys show and hope to catch a late night jam by Lucinda at Lakeside or Niagra, or maybe an after Allmans jam at BB's...
23rd March 2007 05:03 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
I think Sway is the 3rd Robinson brother. Seriously. I'm listenin to NMAS' version of Stray Cat on iTunes now..kind of a more bluesy rendition of the album version..likin the slide guitar in the mix.

Is there a third Robinson brother?
23rd March 2007 05:04 PM
Saint Sway no.

two are more than enough. LOL!!
23rd March 2007 05:06 PM
Throwaway this is true. But that's not the worst problem you could have, lol. It must really be cool to see those unnannounced jams/shows..nothing better than seeing someone rock out in a 100-person club, which for me is pretty rare, but not to be missed (see: Alvin "Youngblood" Hart at a little line dancing joint in Prince George's Co, MD, Buddy Guy poppin' up someplace in Northern VA). One of my goals is to go to a show in NYC, I'm still holdin out hope for the Crowes later this year!
23rd March 2007 05:09 PM
Saint Sway Alvin needs to get his ass up to NY!!!

I'll have to ck if he's going to play at Warren's benefit show on wednesday night.... Audley Freed is coming in for it!! (hint: next week is a good time to catch the Allmans at the Beacon)
23rd March 2007 05:13 PM
Throwaway oh F yeah. I'm thinkin next Thurs or next Sat. This may be a dumb question but if anyones seen D Trucks live, how (good) is he? As for AYH, no real "tour" plans from what I hear, only various festivals/one-off shows. But for those in IL, he's playin the Chicago Blues Fest in June!
23rd March 2007 05:20 PM
Saint Sway Derek is untouchable live! Just amazing. The kid is so unbelievably talented.

I've heard guys that I consider to be amongst the best geetar pickers around just absolutely gush about his playing
23rd March 2007 05:28 PM
Lethargy I agree with Sway. Derek is freaking amazing. And when Derek first started with the Brothers, I remember Sway and I both thought he sucked. Should have given him a chance as he was what...17 years old or something?

Maybe we should extend Wolfie the same courtesy...br...br...brwaaaahaaahhahahhahha!!!!

quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Derek is untouchable live! Just amazing. The kid is so unbelievably talented.

I've heard guys that I consider to be amongst the best geetar pickers around just absolutely gush about his playing

23rd March 2007 05:30 PM
Throwaway nice, I'm a fan of Warren Haynes' playing too, so I'll def try to make it up to NYC for a show. I admit I was skeptical of some young'n supposedly as good as Mick Taylor/Duane on the slide, but a couple of youtube vid's later, I'm a believer.
23rd March 2007 05:34 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
I agree with Sway. Derek is freaking amazing. And when Derek first started with the Brothers, I remember Sway and I both thought he sucked. Should have given him a chance as he was what...17 years old or something?

Maybe we should extend Wolfie the same courtesy...br...br...brwaaaahaaahhahahhahha!!!!

oh yeah, I was all over him. "What is this? Bring your kid to work day?? He doesnt belong up there!!"

HA!! Now I think he's head and shoulders above everyone!

scary thing is... even as much as he's improved since he was a teenager, to how great he is now, he still manages to somehow get better everytime I see him. And thats like every 3 or 4 months
23rd March 2007 05:38 PM
Saint Sway oh, and for anyone who's still curious about Trucks... Throway's "Mick Taylor/Duane Allman" comparison is spot on. He's the most fluid slide player you'll ever hear.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)