ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© LFI with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why another Mick solo record? Why not a new Stones record Return to archive Page: 1 2
22nd March 2007 12:25 AM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

wouldnt go that far. You cant force songs out of the man if the muse or desire isnt there. The end product would simply be horrible. However, if Mick feels creative enough its his right to do what the hell he wants.

I dont feel that the Stones owe the world another record anyway. Anything at this point is a bonus.

Right on Soul Brother! The Stones ahve given us all so much. Thank God they're still around.
22nd March 2007 06:36 AM
Zack
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
Maybe they need to start releasing what is in the vaults. We need a DVD of "Ladies & Gentelman"

Don't you have one already? A pirated copy cost two bucks where I live. I'll send you one.
22nd March 2007 10:02 AM
jb This is the most deflating news since Pugs post on Keith at Soldiers Field...who here could possibly want/endorse yet another solo Jagger album!!! This guy ius so insulated from reality that his ego actually will allow him to record another turd!!! One would have thought after the abortion that GITD was, Mick would have realized enough already!!! Then , of course, will will get the leftover crap, and some tired, boring, Keith ballad, on another "new" Stones release....have they no shame???
22nd March 2007 10:33 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Stewart isnt involved with it at all, apparently

WHAT DO WE KNOW?DO YOU KNOW WHERE THIS INFO IS COMING FROM?
22nd March 2007 10:56 AM
Gazza
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

WHAT DO WE KNOW?DO YOU KNOW WHERE THIS INFO IS COMING FROM?

Was told that by someone in the know. I dont know when this record will be out, though. It probably isnt even near finished yet.
22nd March 2007 11:08 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Was told that by someone in the know. I dont know when this record will be out, though. It probably isnt even near finished yet.

TRANSLATION: Fergie, Rob Thomas, Justin and Pherell havent done their vocal overdubs yet.
22nd March 2007 11:31 AM
polytoxic
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

TRANSLATION: Fergie, Rob Thomas, Justin and Pherell havent done their vocal overdubs yet.

Ouch! I'll stick my truth right down your throat baby, and it hurts.
22nd March 2007 11:51 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Gazza wrote:

GAZZA,YOU TIGHT WITH PRINCE RUPERT?
22nd March 2007 02:56 PM
Gazza
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

GAZZA,YOU TIGHT WITH PRINCE RUPERT?

Would you care to rephrase that? After the "dicksucking" posts on here a few days ago, I'm beginning to get concerned about my reputation at this rate!
22nd March 2007 02:58 PM
Saint Sway I think you're thinking of a "Prince Albert"

better ck though with the 2 Gwar fans
22nd March 2007 03:12 PM
gotdablouse Prince Rupert ? Is he producing ?

I seem to remember someone here had connections to Prince Rupert, or was it Charlie, was it mabye BILL PERKS (no I am not shouting !).

Anyway had another listen to GITD as I promised I would and I stand by my statement that it is a more eclectic and "fresher" listen than ABB. Production could have been a bit less flashy, but the songs aren't too shabby other than "Don't Call me Up" that sounds a bit too familiar. GGME rocks REALLY hard too ! Much more so than "Rough Justice", remove the synth, get Waddy Wachtel to play the guitar, put Charlie on there, re-release it as a Stones single and it goes to number 1 !
22nd March 2007 04:44 PM
BILL PERKS PRINCE RUPERT LOWENSTEIN,MASTERMIND OF THIS DYNASTY
22nd March 2007 07:20 PM
IanBillen [quote]Gazza wrote:

..and the ironic thing is that when it comes out, guess who will be it's biggest critic...

Gazza,

and everyone. You cannot hound someone into doing something they do not want to. They are in their 60's. Men of this age start to let the other guy do his thing to give hime space.

They haven't been together the whole time.

I am assuming Mick started writing on his own when Keith wasn't around (during breaks) .....as usual when Mick starts getting his solo thing rolling.

I am still as upset as everyone but this isn't because Keith is lazy now-a-days. Geez this process has been going on for over twenty years...

I don't really see the point but hey, SOS.

Ian

22nd March 2007 07:33 PM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
[quote]Gazza wrote:

..and the ironic thing is that when it comes out, guess who will be it's biggest critic...

Gazza,

and everyone. You cannot hound someone into doing something they do not want to. They are in their 60's. Men of this age start to let the other guy do his thing to give hime space.

Whats that got to do with me saying that Keith will be bitching about Mick as usual for making a record regardless of what it sounds like?
22nd March 2007 07:44 PM
glencar IanBillen certainly ahs an interesting way of looking at things!
22nd March 2007 08:44 PM
Ten Thousand Motels >You cannot hound someone into doing something they do not want to. They are in their 60's. Men of this age start to let the other guy do his thing to give hime space.<

They're not just men in their 60's. They're artists in their sixties who should be creating their best work.
23rd March 2007 06:29 AM
Gazza
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
>You cannot hound someone into doing something they do not want to. They are in their 60's. Men of this age start to let the other guy do his thing to give hime space.<

They're not just men in their 60's. They're artists in their sixties who should be creating their best work.

Theyre men before theyre artists. Its unrealistic to expect any artist to be as inspirational and creative 40 years into their career as when they were in their 20's. Especially so for the Stones as the work they created at that age was as monumental and innovative as that put out by almost anyone else.
23rd March 2007 07:13 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Theyre men before theyre artists. Its unrealistic to expect any artist to be as inspirational and creative 40 years into their career as when they were in their 20's. Especially so for the Stones as the work they created at that age was as monumental and innovative as that put out by almost anyone else.

exactly
23rd March 2007 10:34 AM
glencar Joss Stone is releasing her 4th album in 2 years...
23rd March 2007 10:44 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joss Stone is releasing her 4th album in 2 years...

NO SHE'S NOT..WHERE YA GET THAT FROM?
23rd March 2007 10:47 AM
Saint Sway Ryan Adams released 5 records so far this week.
23rd March 2007 10:52 AM
glencar
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

NO SHE'S NOT..WHERE YA GET THAT FROM?

That's what it said in yesterday's NY Times.
23rd March 2007 05:36 PM
Gimme Shelter
quote:
Zack wrote:

Don't you have one already? A pirated copy cost two bucks where I live. I'll send you one.

Thanks, I have a bootleg, I was hoping for an official release with the 5.1 surround sound. Also there are some incredible live performances that have been recorded which need an official release on both CD and DVD. A box set would be awesome.
23rd March 2007 05:49 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
That's what it said in yesterday's NY Times.

That was yesterday. Todays NY Times seems to speak the truth!
23rd March 2007 06:04 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

That was yesterday. Todays NY Times seems to speak the truth!

word!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)