ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Đ LFI with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why another Mick solo record? Why not a new Stones record Return to archive Page: 1 2
21st March 2007 12:09 PM
Poison Dart This sucks.

The Stones have been on the road together now for nearly two years and they can't put an album together?

Yet there is yet another Jagger record already in the can. WTF? Keith would never have allowed this in the good old days.

While I like Mick's solo stuff more than some people what's the point?

A new Jagger solo record isn't going to make a dent in the charts (hopefully it sells more than 1k copies in England on it's first day of release. Talk about embarrassing)and it is going to just make it longer between Stones releases.

If Mick has an entirely new batch of songs why not just make them into new Stones stuff?

It looks like we won't see new Stones music now until at least the late summer of 2008 (then tour behind it which is their business model) or more likely 2009. If ever.

Again I say.
THIS SUCKS!!!!!
21st March 2007 12:11 PM
Saint Sway I dont care if Mick releases 8 more sucky solo albums

I just cant bare another lame Stones record
21st March 2007 12:15 PM
fireontheplatter this has already been discused..it is because keith richards is a lazy sod and doesn't give a toss.

oy vey
21st March 2007 01:34 PM
gimmekeef Maybe Mick actually ran them by Keith and Keith said.."ahhhh be my guest"...?
21st March 2007 01:36 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Maybe Mick actually ran them by Keith and Keith said.."ahhhh be my guest"...?

Thats Hall of Fame P-O-S-T-I-N!!!
21st March 2007 02:27 PM
BILL PERKS IF DAVE STEWART PRODUCES I'LL GET IT
21st March 2007 02:33 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
this has already been discused..it is because keith richards is a lazy sod and doesn't give a toss.

oy vey

..and the ironic thing is that when it comes out, guess who will be it's biggest critic...
21st March 2007 05:11 PM
Poison Dart Keith is letting the band down.
21st March 2007 05:13 PM
speedfreakjive keith most likely doesn't feel there's the creative spark there now IMO, lets not criticise a band which has lasted longer than anyone expected and has put out by enlarge above average output.
21st March 2007 05:29 PM
Sir Stonesalot >If Mick has an entirely new batch of songs why not just make them into new Stones stuff?<

Turn Jagger solo tunes into a Stones record?

Hmmmmmmm....wait a minute. This sounds framiliar....

Yeah, they already did that once. It's called "A Bigger Bang". And it sucked.

Go Mick. Do that solo thing. And thanks for not putting the Stones "brand" on it this time.
21st March 2007 05:32 PM
Dan Because even real bands (which the Stones haven't been in over 2 decades) don't even put out albums less than every 2-3 years any more.
21st March 2007 06:36 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
If Mick has an entirely new batch of songs why not just make them into new Stones stuff?

Please, not another ABB again!

quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
It looks like we won't see new Stones music now until at least the late summer of 2008 (then tour behind it which is their business model) or more likely 2009. If ever.

The last part is more likely.
[/quote]
21st March 2007 06:50 PM
Gimme Shelter Its just that lately it seems Mick is concerned with the bottom line that being $. A new Stones album would sell more than a new solo album.
21st March 2007 06:55 PM
Dan
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
Its just that lately it seems Mick is concerned with the bottom line that being $. A new Stones album would sell more than a new solo album.

But the recent Stones album barely went gold so you figure a new one so soon would unlikely do even half that. So you figure a solo album may be even more profitible to his bottom line as you don't have to split the take 4 ways.

Also, any new contract negotiations for releasing/distributing a new studio album would be based on ABB's sales so they would unlikely get much of an advance. Back when they inked the Virgin deal, they were still selling a few million of each release.
21st March 2007 07:00 PM
mojoman why not? its just another vanity project
21st March 2007 07:21 PM
Gimme Shelter Maybe they need to start releasing what is in the vaults. We need a DVD of "Ladies & Gentelman"
21st March 2007 07:27 PM
Mickijaggeroo Keith is pissed at Mick cause of this, thatīs why there is no proper pressconference, just Mick.
21st March 2007 08:51 PM
Poison Dart The good news is that it sounds like the album is nearly done.

So hopefully he will be on to his next musical project (new Stones stuff) pretty soon.

I'd bet that we may get some Stones music on the Scorsese film soundtrack.
21st March 2007 09:09 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mickijaggeroo wrote:
Keith is pissed at Mick cause of this, thatīs why there is no proper pressconference, just Mick.

I would imagine hes known for quite some time that Mick was working on a solo release. Its not like he cooked it up just last week.

besides, Mick working on a solo release during Stones downtime doesnt interfere with the Stones' plans. That, plus he probably wont tour with it either.
21st March 2007 09:10 PM
Gazza
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
Its just that lately it seems Mick is concerned with the bottom line that being $. .

"Lately" ??? What - since 1969?
21st March 2007 09:10 PM
MikeyC613 Good for Mick. Keep doing solo albums. Keith will wish he had his twilight period.
21st March 2007 09:13 PM
Gazza
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Keith is letting the band down.

wouldnt go that far. You cant force songs out of the man if the muse or desire isnt there. The end product would simply be horrible. However, if Mick feels creative enough its his right to do what the hell he wants.

I dont feel that the Stones owe the world another record anyway. Anything at this point is a bonus.
21st March 2007 09:14 PM
Gazza
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
IF DAVE STEWART PRODUCES I'LL GET IT

Stewart isnt involved with it at all, apparently
21st March 2007 09:17 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
Maybe they need to start releasing what is in the vaults. We need a DVD of "Ladies & Gentelman"

here here....iu have seen that once ages ago. i would so love to see it again, that and lets spend the night together.
21st March 2007 09:32 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I dont care if Mick releases 8 more sucky solo albums

I just cant bare another lame Stones record

Ditto!!!

I think that Keith just figures after this past leg of the tour...Jagger is gotten used to humiliation!
21st March 2007 09:52 PM
Maxmeister
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>If Mick has an entirely new batch of songs why not just make them into new Stones stuff?<

Turn Jagger solo tunes into a Stones record?

Hmmmmmmm....wait a minute. This sounds framiliar....

Yeah, they already did that once. It's called "A Bigger Bang". And it sucked.

Go Mick. Do that solo thing. And thanks for not putting the Stones "brand" on it this time.

When I started reading this thread I knew someone had to point out the obvious. It should have been everyone's first thought.

It will be interesting to see if he gave up all the "good stuff" for the ABB release or held back goodies for the solo.[lol]

Rick

21st March 2007 10:13 PM
pdog Keith could make a record if he wanted with or w/o Mick... It's pretty obvious he doesn't want or feel it.
21st March 2007 10:17 PM
wattsup I am not saying ABB was a great album. I like Rock & Roll music. If anyone can name me 10 Rock albums (er CD's) they liked better than ABB in 2005 & 2006 I'd like to see your list. I just havent been real impressed with much of anything. Im willing to listen.
As far as the Stones solo efforts or playing together, play as the Stones. I like a lot of "solo songs". There are some good bits in those albums. We all know the Stone's have "caught magic in a bottle" once & hope they might do it one last time.
Sorry, just venting I usually just read these threads & leave it alone. Couldnt do it this time.
22nd March 2007 12:22 AM
glencar
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Please, not another ABB again!

The last part is more likely.

[/quote]I'd love ABB Part 2!
22nd March 2007 12:23 AM
glencar
quote:
Mickijaggeroo wrote:
Keith is pissed at Mick cause of this, thatīs why there is no proper pressconference, just Mick.

Intriguing theory...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)