ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© LFI with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Jagger album finished???? Return to archive Page: 1 2
21st March 2007 11:44 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i really like the first two songs off of the Alphie soundtrack.
i like most of goddess in the doorway
i love wandering spirit a lot
primitive cool is very cool
she's the boss is really good

oy vey
21st March 2007 11:49 AM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
There's nothing on ABB that's even remotely as bad as "Dancing In The Starlight," "Lucky Day" or "Hideaway." Or, come to think of it, "Gun," "Everybody Getting High" and "Joy."

gun....i a very nasty mean song. i do not like this song one bit
i quite like hideaway and joy.
21st March 2007 11:50 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Look What The Cat Dragged In and Neocon are as awful as anything on Goddess

[Edited by Saint Sway]

Those songs are bad, but in a different way than Goddess. Bad Stones songs are kind of like Barry Sanders playing for the crappy Detroit Lions: There's always something to admire about them. Goddess was just ... crappy Detroit Lions.

I understand European fans liked Goddess more than Americans did. All I can say is, it's another sign of deteriorating trans-Atlantic relations.
21st March 2007 12:01 PM
gotdablouse Can't really see your point there ?

I'll give GITD another listen tonight, but I've always liked it, more diversified than ABB, a bit like B2B, the sour point is the cheesy production/playing on some tracks, but the songs are there. Clearly he should loose Clifford like he had lost him for WS, actually I think Ahmet convinced Mick to dump him and get some help from Rubin instead.
21st March 2007 12:53 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
StonesChick wrote:
...but Mick solo is better than no Mick at all imo.

If it's good. If it's another Goddess, my days of being a completist are over!
21st March 2007 12:54 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

the breakfast scene w/Matt & Mick in his living room was very disturbing in "Being Mick"

I never understood all the hate for Matt Clifford here, especially since he is the guy who did the score for Return Of The Living Dead, one of the greatest films of all time but now I think I understand. And I am glad I never saw "Being Mick."
21st March 2007 01:05 PM
Stray Cat UK Wandering Spirit is a great album .

I wish Keith would make the solo album he's aways had in him; a mainly acoustic country /blues record,in the vain of say,Tom waits meets johnny Cash meets Taj Mahal !

Get Rick Rubin to give him a kick up the arse !

21st March 2007 01:09 PM
Scottfree
quote:
StonesChick wrote:
Good for Mick! I'd rather it be a Stones album but Mick solo is better than no Mick at all imo.
I know a lot of you don't like Goddess, but I do. The title track has a great vibe, Don't Call Me Up and Too Far Gone would've been loved by most of you (imo) if it had been on a Stones album, and Brand New Rule is beautiful. Looking forward to it.

I concur...
21st March 2007 01:11 PM
Scottfree
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Keith's lazy?...well no shit..If I was 60 had his $$$ and wife....hell I'd never get outta bed....

Game, set & match...
21st March 2007 01:12 PM
Gimme Shelter Wondering Spirit should have been a Stones album.
21st March 2007 01:13 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
Wandering Spirit is a great album .

I wish Keith would make the solo album he's aways had in him; a mainly acoustic country /blues record,in the vain of say,Tom waits meets johnny Cash meets Taj Mahal !

Get Rick Rubin to give him a kick up the arse !

hell to the yeah!!!!

an acoustic keith country/blues record is like 30 years over due!!

bring it on!
21st March 2007 03:42 PM
pdog Sometimes, they make it hard to be a Stones fan!
21st March 2007 03:51 PM
keith_tif personnaly I like "Dancing in the starlight" on Goddness and "Wandering spirit" is great!
21st March 2007 06:22 PM
Soldatti GITD sucked, but at least Mick is still trying.
21st March 2007 07:06 PM
Gazza
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

I agree with that, but I'd rather have Keith's years of inactivity and in the end one very good solo record, rather than Mick's years of activity with mediocre results.

I'd wait until Keith gets off the pot and I hear that "one very good solo record" before ticking that preference, personally.

I mean, its been 15 years since he last made one and his written contributions to ABB and 40 Licks were sparse as it was. Yet I keep hearing about all this great stuff he's supposedly cut in his basement studio. He had plenty of Stones downtime between 1999 and 2002 to do something, but the only thing he managed to write and get on to a release of any kind in that time was the aptly named "Losing My touch".

It doesnt exactly suggest that in the event of him doing one it'll have been worthy of his name and reputation.

Much as it pains me to say it, the signs are quite apparent that Keith's muse has for the most part left him some years ago.
21st March 2007 08:09 PM
oldkr keith has been doing plenty of writing, just because he isn't releasing doesn't mean he isn't working

OLDKR
21st March 2007 08:12 PM
Gazza makes it somewhat pointless tho, no?
21st March 2007 08:12 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
oldkr wrote:
keith has been doing plenty of writing, just because he isn't releasing doesn't mean he isn't working

OLDKR

You might be right that he's writing. Problem is, I don't think he's finishing anything.
21st March 2007 08:15 PM
Gazza
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
@Gazza - can you fill us in on Mick's solo contact ? I guess I lost track on contracts after the boys signed up for three albums with Branson in 1991, or was that 1993 ?

They signed with Virgin for 3 studio albums (plus the rights to their back catalogue post-1970) in 1991, with "Voodoo Lounge" being their first new release.

Mick's new album will be released by the new Capitol Music Group.

EMI will not be using the Virgin logo on future US releases, I'm told.
21st March 2007 08:23 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

They signed with Virgin for 3 studio albums (plus the rights to their back catalogue post-1970) in 1991, with "Voodoo Lounge" being their first new release.

Mick's new album will be released by the new Capitol Music Group.

EMI will not be using the Virgin logo on future US releases, I'm told.

So this Jagger solo-album news is for real, then? I find it kind of stunning. I'd expected Mick to go underground, music-wise, for years after this tour -- especially with all the movie projects percolating.
21st March 2007 10:51 PM
Bitch Anticipating MICK's solo album with excitement! The more MICK the better, as I enjoy all of MICK's solo efforts. Some songs are always better than others, it's what can be expected.
21st March 2007 11:53 PM
BILL PERKS best mick
BLIND LEADING THE BLIND
OLD HABITS
DONT CALL ME UP
TOO FAR GONE
GOD GAVE ME EVERYTHING
WANDERING SPRIT
WIRED ALL NIGHT
OUT OF FOCUS
PUT ME IN THE TRASH
EVENING GOWN
PARTY DOLL
THROWAAWAY
SAY YOU WILL
JUST ANOTHER NIGHT
LONELY AT THE TOP
SECRETS

22nd March 2007 12:16 AM
glencar
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Anticipating MICK's solo album with excitement! The more MICK the better, as I enjoy all of MICK's solo efforts. Some songs are always better than others, it's what can be expected.

You are one right-on Mama!!!!!
22nd March 2007 12:17 AM
glencar
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
best mick
BLIND LEADING THE BLIND
OLD HABITS
DONT CALL ME UP
TOO FAR GONE
GOD GAVE ME EVERYTHING
WANDERING SPRIT
WIRED ALL NIGHT
OUT OF FOCUS
PUT ME IN THE TRASH
EVENING GOWN
PARTY DOLL
THROWAAWAY
SAY YOU WILL
JUST ANOTHER NIGHT
LONELY AT THE TOP
SECRETS

I can concur with most of your list except for the Blind song. Otherwise, spot on, Capitals Boy!
22nd March 2007 12:18 AM
glencar I am looking forward to the new Mick album but the whole EMI logo thing is a mite scary!!!
22nd March 2007 03:38 AM
no night together
quote:
glencar wrote:
I can concur with most of your list except for the Blind song. Otherwise, spot on, Capitals Boy!

MEMO FROM TURNER
22nd March 2007 06:28 AM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

So this Jagger solo-album news is for real, then? I find it kind of stunning. I'd expected Mick to go underground, music-wise, for years after this tour -- especially with all the movie projects percolating.

Its for real, but its not like its release is imminent. I guess hes worked on a few songs on an on/off period during the period in between tour legs - maybe even when the Euro tour was delayed when Keith was incapacitated.

the good thing about it is that if he has to do something like this, hes managed to do it while working with the Stones - so its not like hes taken a year off from Stones' activity to pursue it.
22nd March 2007 10:02 AM
gotdablouse Yes, writing and recording an album on the road, like in the good old days...er except it's a solo album, I'll take it, can't beat that "new album" rush, be it Mick, the Stones or Macca.

Going back to his contractual stuff, digging through my memory, I think he had signed a two record deal with CBS back in 1983, so that would be STB and PC and then I seem to recall a one record deal with Atlantic for WS with an option for another album, so that would be GITD, were there more options, or did he sign something new for that new one, doesn't really matter at the end of the day ;-)

As for Keith writing stuff in his basement and not relasing it, yes, what's the point, if it were any good, we would have seen more of it on 40 Licks or ABB.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)