ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© LFI with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tell Us Your Favorite Time Getting Teled Return to archive
20th March 2007 07:27 PM
TomL Mine was when I was 16 and buying a bag of parsley. It was not in Chicago though.
20th March 2007 07:30 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Teled?
A bit of slang I'm not familiar with. I lead a sheltered life I guess....out of the loop.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
20th March 2007 07:31 PM
PartyDoll MEG Hey how ya been? Thought we had lost you in the parsley fields....
20th March 2007 07:32 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Teled?
A bit of slang I'm not familiar with. I lead a sheltered life I guess...out of the loop.

It's "RO" speak meaning getting fooled or ripped off.

20th March 2007 07:35 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

It's "RO" speak meaning getting fooled or ripped off.

It dawned on me after I posted. I'm a bit slow.
20th March 2007 07:51 PM
TomL I have been under ground dear. I buried myself for 3 months. I got to take it slow for a week, need plenty of fluids. Did you book yourself for the BBQ? Woo....Woo.....
20th March 2007 08:01 PM
Riffhard My Tele story is very similar to your's Tom. I was in Hawaii with two of my friends back in 1986. I had received a rather large sum of cash from my mother's will. So I took these two friends to Hawaii for a nice 18 day vacation. We lived it up. First class all the way. So at one point I gave my friend Tim 100 bucks to go get us some ganga. He went to the International Market in Waikiki to hook up with this Samoan cat he had met earlier in the day. Tim comes back to the hotel about thirty minutes later all excited about the weed he got. He was going nuts explaining that the guy was sooo nice blah,blah,blah,..."he gave us so much!" He then hands me the bag which is sealed shut.

Immediatly I knew we were screwed by looking at the amount of "pocalolo" this "nice Samoan guy" had hooked us with. We cut open the bag only to discover that idiot Tim had just payed 100 bucks for a bunch of surf wax rolled into the shape of buds and covered with fresh oregeno!! At least we got roughly two ounces of fresh oregeno and surf wax. So you know....

In retrospect the real Tele angle of this story was allowing my friends to come with me on a vacation that ended up costing me around $25,000.00. Live and learn,but no regrets,other than sending Tim in the first place.

Riffy
20th March 2007 08:01 PM
GotToRollMe Tom, you crazy bastard! Nice to see you! Press conference Thursday and then MORE TOUR! Yezzzzzzz!

20th March 2007 09:16 PM
pdog My heroin was replaced with folgers decafinated...
20th March 2007 09:20 PM
LadyJane I can tell you my most recent.

I had a 5 pm Doctor's appt.

I was put in the room at 8 pm.

I just got home at 9:15!!!!!!!!!!

TomL...you fucker.
Welcome back.

LJ.
20th March 2007 10:50 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
My Tele story is very similar to your's Tom. I was in Hawaii with two of my friends back in 1986. I had received a rather large sum of cash from my mother's will. So I took these two friends to Hawaii for a nice 18 day vacation. We lived it up. First class all the way. So at one point I gave my friend Tim 100 bucks to go get us some ganga. He went to the International Market in Waikiki to hook up with this Samoan cat he had met earlier in the day. Tim comes back to the hotel about thirty minutes later all excited about the weed he got. He was going nuts explaining that the guy was sooo nice blah,blah,blah,..."he gave us so much!" He then hands me the bag which is sealed shut.

Immediatly I knew we were screwed by looking at the amount of "pocalolo" this "nice Samoan guy" had hooked us with. We cut open the bag only to discover that idiot Tim had just payed 100 bucks for a bunch of surf wax rolled into the shape of buds and covered with fresh oregeno!! At least we got roughly two ounces of fresh oregeno and surf wax. So you know....

In retrospect the real Tele angle of this story was allowing my friends to come with me on a vacation that ended up costing me around $25,000.00. Live and learn,but no regrets,other than sending Tim in the first place.

Riffy

The exact opposite happened to me. I was down in Aruba in '85 with my ex and and didn't bring any weed. Our hotel was right on the beach, and they had these "towel guys" who'd hand out these orange hotel towels. So in the morning I go downstairs, find a likely-looking towel guy, and ask him where I can score. He hooked me up with this Dutch dude who ran small boats and jet-skis and stuff for the hotel. He came up to the room that evening and sold me what had to be at least two ounces of top-grade ganja for $30! The next morning I rolled up a couple of fatties, rolled them in a $10 bill, and thanked my towel guy for his trouble. God, I fuckin' loved Aruba!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
20th March 2007 11:18 PM
glencar I got "teled" by the asshole who used to run "The Voodoo Lounge" message board. He told a group of 20 of us that he would get us great seats in the 1st ten rows of Giants Stadium for the 1st Oct. 1997 show. He held one of the women hostage at his house & then finally showed up & gave us shit tix that were way back on the floor level. His brother is TV producer Tom Werner (Cosby, Roseanne) but I'm guessing they don't keep in touch. "Tele-ing" goes back many generations...
20th March 2007 11:30 PM
GotToRollMe Wow, Glenny, that's even worse than the eponymously-named incident in Chicago. Yikes!
21st March 2007 09:28 AM
glencar Very similar personalities, come to think of it. I should have seen the signs!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)