ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© LFI with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beast Of Burden Guitar Tab Return to archive
20th March 2007 03:41 PM
Badapple Anyone got it at all?

Thanks in advance
20th March 2007 04:21 PM
Chuck Should be tabs in some of these:

http://www.chordie.com/allsongs.php/songtitle/Beast+Of+Burden/songartist/Rolling+Stones,+The/index.html

20th March 2007 04:58 PM
Kayriff I haven't had any luck finding a good one on the internet, but this Stones guitar tab book has a really good tab of Beast of Burden. http://www.amazon.com/Rolling-Stones-Guitar-Signature-Licks/dp/0793564379/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/104-8280647-8406301?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1174424220&sr=8-2
20th March 2007 07:45 PM
texile are stones tabs even worth it?
keith doesn't do anything you can read....
i've tried to figure that song out since i started playing the guitar at 13.
it's some kind of slow hammer-on from a three-finger bar chord (maybe D), but your position is different..
doesn't make sense does it?
but it ALMOST sounds like it.
that repetive riff is one of keith's greatest, soulful gifts to mankind and only he can do it.
20th March 2007 08:07 PM
deuce -------------------------------------
-7h9--9-9-9-7--9--9----------10-------
-8h9--9-9-9-8--9--9----------9--------
-9h9--9-9-9-9--11-11---9h11-11-------
-------------------------------------

that's the intro off the top of my head. standard tuning
[Edited by deuce]
20th March 2007 08:47 PM
Kayriff
quote:
texile wrote:
keith doesn't do anything you can read....

yeah it takes a lot of listening and practcing to get it sounding as much like keith as you can
[quote]deuce wrote:
-7h9--9-9-9-7--9--9----------10-------
-8h9--9-9-9-8--9--9----------9--------
-9h9--9-9-9-9--11-11---9h11-11-------
[quote/]
thats the main riff as in the book, it's the best sounding i've found so far.
20th March 2007 09:01 PM
texile
quote:
Kayriff wrote:

yeah it takes a lot of listening and practcing to get it sounding as much like keith as you can

i think it also might have something to do with keith's guitar sound at the time..
he was using gibsons for some girls - and that sound is hard to duplicate because its so thick and heavy and full.

i can only TRY to do it on a tele through a marshall and still it sounds thin...

20th March 2007 09:04 PM
Kayriff
quote:
texile wrote:

i think it also might have something to do with keith's guitar sound at the time..
he was using gibsons for some girls - and that sound is hard to duplicate because its so thick and heavy and full.

i can only TRY to do it on a tele through a marshall and still it sounds thin...

i didn't know he was using gibsons on some girls, i had wondered why i wasn't quite getting the full sound. unfortunatly for me with my limited funding i won't be getting a new guitar for a very long time. but i love my tele.
20th March 2007 10:15 PM
texile
quote:
Kayriff wrote:

i didn't know he was using gibsons on some girls, i had wondered why i wasn't quite getting the full sound. unfortunatly for me with my limited funding i won't be getting a new guitar for a very long time. but i love my tele.

yeah, i love my tele too,
but those gibsons have something special....and i can't afford the real thing.
21st March 2007 01:09 PM
Vinyl kills How do you know Keef was Gibsons??? A Les Paul????
21st March 2007 01:17 PM
texile
quote:
Vinyl kills wrote:
How do you know Keef was Gibsons??? A Les Paul????

just from pictures during that period -
i don't think it was a les paul though....
still just a guess.
people always associate keith with teles -
but it wasn't until the 80s that they became his trademark...
in the 60s and 70s...you always saw a gibson strapped around his neck.
21st March 2007 05:03 PM
Badapple This isn't played in standard tuning, its in open G. I used to have it years ago, they printed how to play it in Total Guitar Magazine but i lost that issue and havent been able to find it since
21st March 2007 07:28 PM
sammy davis jr. Don't forget to put some phaser on it as well....that seemed to be the period he "discovered" the phase pedal.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)