ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© LFI with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bill Clinton, the Stones, and women in spandex Return to archive
20th March 2007 01:23 PM
Mel Belli The New York Times
March 20, 2007 Tuesday

'Let's Spend the Class Together'

By PATRICK HEALY

No politicians raise money like the Clintons, be it their success or ferocity or creativity. (Remember those White House teas and those Lincoln bedroom sleepovers?) Now Bill Clinton is going where no former president has gone before, to enrich Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton's presidential campaign.

Mr. Clinton will drop by a spinning exercise class on Thursday on the Upper West Side of Manhattan and speak briefly about health care and his wife's candidacy to more than 30 women and men wearing spandex, sweat shorts and the like.

Spinning involves riding a stationary cycle to music, in both standing and seated positions and at alternating resistance levels. Almost all of the 33 bikes are sold out, and the class is expected to be 3-to-2 women-to-men.

The spinners are each paying $2,300 per bike -- the maximum allowable donation to Mrs. Clinton's campaign.

Ruth Zukerman, one of the owners of the studio, SoulCycle, said she hoped to tempt Mr. Clinton to spin with the class by compiling some of his favorite songs to play during the 45-minute class.

''I know he likes the Rolling Stones, so there will be a Stones song,'' Ms. Zukerman said.

She said the event was suggested by a client, Ellen Lowey, who is a daughter-in-law of Representative Nita M. Lowey, Democrat of New York. PATRICK HEALY

[Edited by Mel Belli]
20th March 2007 01:26 PM
Saint Sway the headline to this thread had so much more potential than the story you delivered
20th March 2007 01:28 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
the headline to this thread had so much more potential than the story you delivered

I know; but whod've read it otherwise?
20th March 2007 01:37 PM
Saint Sway when in doubt, just make shit up!
20th March 2007 02:21 PM
gimmekeef Hummmm a Stones song?...Respectable perhaps?....or Star Star...
20th March 2007 02:24 PM
Saint Sway Cocksucker Blues?
20th March 2007 08:54 PM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves parachute woman???
20th March 2007 09:01 PM
Mel Belli Oh, you just know when the campaign really gets underway it'll be "Sweehearts Together"!
20th March 2007 09:14 PM
texile do you guys really beleive clinton is a stones fan?
i mean, can he reel off a list of his favorite albums?
has he ever heard of mick taylor or exile for that matter?
or does he like satisfaction and honky tonk women and the association..
i am annoyed when people casually call themselves stones fans because there IS no such thing.
20th March 2007 09:26 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
texile wrote:
do you guys really beleive clinton is a stones fan?
i mean, can he reel off a list of his favorite albums?
has he ever heard of mick taylor or exile for that matter?
or does he like satisfaction and honky tonk women and the association..
i am annoyed when people casually call themselves stones fans because there IS no such thing.

I believe Bill Clinton is as committed to the Stones as he is to anything else -- which is to say, whenever it suits him, more rather than less, sooner rather than later, as a matter of expedience, it depends on what the meaning of "Stones" is ...
[Edited by Mel Belli]
20th March 2007 10:13 PM
texile
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

I believe Bill Clinton is as committed to the Stones as he is to anything else -- which is to say, whenever it suits him, more rather than less, sooner rather than later, as a matter of experience, it depends on what the meaning of "Stones" is ...

ha!
very true.
20th March 2007 10:36 PM
mojoman
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Hummmm a Stones song?...Respectable perhaps?....or Star Star...

lets spend the night together
20th March 2007 11:20 PM
glencar
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

I believe Bill Clinton is as committed to the Stones as he is to anything else -- which is to say, whenever it suits him, more rather than less, sooner rather than later, as a matter of expedience, it depends on what the meaning of "Stones" is ...
[Edited by Mel Belli]

Post of the week!
21st March 2007 08:18 AM
Jumacfly the spandex and the fly.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)