ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© LFI with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick inducting the Beatles at RRHOF Return to archive
19th March 2007 03:26 PM
Mel Belli Stumbled on this while looking for clips of this month's ceremony:

Anyone know why Paul McCartney wasn't there?
[Edited by Mel Belli]
19th March 2007 04:20 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Anyone know why Paul McCartney wasn't there?

because Yoko was.

seriously.

I dont remember exactly what they were fighting about at the time... I think it was song writing credits where Paul wanted to change a bunch of songs from Lennon/McCartney to McCartney/Lennon
19th March 2007 04:22 PM
Saint Sway I cant believe I actually just provided an informative answer and actually passed on giving a Van Halen punch line answer to that

shit, Some Guy needs to return ASAP
19th March 2007 04:24 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I cant believe I actually just provided an informative answer and actually passed on giving a Van Halen punch line answer to that

shit, Some Guy needs to return ASAP

What's gotten into you?!
19th March 2007 04:31 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

What's gotten into you?!

I know!!! and there were so many ways I could of went with it.... he was in rehab... they replaced him with a 14 yr old bassist...

19th March 2007 04:37 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

because Yoko was.

seriously.

I dont remember exactly what they were fighting about at the time... I think it was song writing credits where Paul wanted to change a bunch of songs from Lennon/McCartney to McCartney/Lennon

I think it was a few years before that particular squabble, but youre absolutely right. Macca wasnt there because Yoko was. She even referred to how disappointed she was about it in her speech, I think. McCartney just thought it would be hypocritical to attend as there was an ongoing legal dispute at the time.
19th March 2007 04:42 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I think it was a few years before that particular squabble, but youre absolutely right. Macca wasnt there because Yoko was. She even referred to how disappointed she was about it in her speech, I think. McCartney just thought it would be hypocritical to attend as there was an ongoing legal dispute at the time.

thats right! He boycotted coming because she wouldnt let him sing "Jump"
19th March 2007 06:20 PM
fireontheplatter who better than mick to induct the the beatles into the rock and roll hall of flame...i mean fame.

well done mick jagger.

everybody say ow
19th March 2007 07:23 PM
gotdablouse Thanks for sharing, read recently that Mick's induction was "left-handed", wasn't too bad really. Apparently George quipped something like "we have no speech ready, Paul's the one who had it in his pocket"...
19th March 2007 07:23 PM
MikeyC613 yoko is such a frustrating cunt
19th March 2007 07:41 PM
keefjunkie yoko is such a wonderful and talented woman and artist.
19th March 2007 08:13 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

thats right! He boycotted coming because she wouldnt let him sing "Jump"

It's like the earth is back on its axis! Don't scare me like that again, Sway.
19th March 2007 08:45 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Thanks for sharing, read recently that Mick's induction was "left-handed", wasn't too bad really. Apparently George quipped something like "we have no speech ready, Paul's the one who had it in his pocket"...

"Left-handed" as in "back-handed"? I didn't get that impression at all. It had a little touch of the Mick wit, but otherwise it was pretty gracious.
19th March 2007 10:00 PM
Bitch Thanks Mel, that was great! MICK's speech was witty and he looks adoreable.

Q. What year was that from??
19th March 2007 10:57 PM
Kilroy Was this the one that dumb ass Mike Love went off.
20th March 2007 12:17 AM
parmeda
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Thanks Mel, that was great! MICK's speech was witty and he looks adoreable.

Q. What year was that from??

1988, Bitch

Check out the entire alumni here: http://www.rockhall.com/inductees/inductee-list/

And thanks Mel...that clip was sweet.
20th March 2007 01:17 AM
Starbuck same evening....sweet jam!....o, the talent!....

21st March 2007 09:27 AM
Mr Jurkka when was this?
21st March 2007 09:04 PM
Poison Dart McCartney didn't go for three reasons.

1/ He wasn't going to give the financial windfall of a Beatles reunion (even if it was 3/4 of the band) away for free. If McCartney was going to do it he was going to get paid. Thus, you have the Beatles Anthology.

2/ He was trying to force a settlement of all the Beatles legal issues at the time. He was upset with the others.

3/ Harrison later suggested that McCartney was jealous because he (Harrison) had the #1 single in America (Got my Mind Set on You)at the time. Harrison (I have seen the video) claimed if McCartney had the #1 single that he would have been there.
He claimed "sibling rivaly"
22nd March 2007 05:08 AM
The Wick Great clips. I may be biased, but Mick is really the main man. If it wasn't for him, that performance would have been average. It wasn't his best and he had that shy Jagger thing when he isn't totally familiar with the song, but he was still amazing. Just the way he adds melodies to the song with his voice and he was the only one who was singing in an appropriate key for that song, although Billy Joel was alright. I love Springsteen but next to Jagger he looked like an amateur. He pisses me off with his invites to teeny boppers and his constant attempt at modern innovation, but when he does his job, he really is head and shoulders above the rest. If it wasn't for him, none of us would care as much.

Forget Macca, the more important thing is what the fuck was that shite draped across Jagger's shoulder?

quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Thanks for sharing, read recently that Mick's induction was "left-handed", wasn't too bad really. Apparently George quipped something like "we have no speech ready, Paul's the one who had it in his pocket"...

What book did you read that in? It must have been a Beatles fan because left handed just sounds like Beatles fans crying that he didn't bow down and call them the greatest thing ever.
[Edited by The Wick]
[Edited by The Wick]
22nd March 2007 06:49 AM
corgi37 Jagger was too nice. Should have told them to get fucked. Should have said "Why dont we do it in the road"?? hajhajajajajajja -= SHould have said "She came in through the bathroom window" - OMG! Is that you being bad??/ hahahahahahha fucking provincial assholes!
22nd March 2007 07:33 AM
Doxa Really nice clips. Jagger was charming and unique. And honest and accurate. Only him or Dylan might be the right sort of persons to give that honour, to introduce the Beatles.

And I really liked the scene of Bruce and Mick sharing the mike and Dylan watching back...(Why didn't he join in?). I guess Gazza was quite thrilled, too

- Dxa
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)