ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© LFI with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones at Isle of Wight Festival - Confirmed! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
19th March 2007 11:38 AM
Gazza Stones headline IOW
(Monday March 19, 2007 01:30 PM)

The Rolling Stones will headline this summer's Isle Of Wight Festival, it has been confirmed.

The rock'n'roll legends are expected to top the bill on the final evening of the event, making their first UK festival appearance in around 30 years.

The Stones are also set to announce plans for a show in St Petersburg this August, marking their first gig in Russia, according to reports emerging today.

Jagger and co will play the Sunday night headline slot at the 50,000 capacity IOW 2007, alongside fellow headliners Snow Patrol and Muse.

Ash, The Feeling, Kasabian, Amy Winehouse, Keane, The Fratellis, James Morrison and Paolo Nutini are also confirmed, claims Music Week.

The Rolling Stones last played a UK festival in August 1976, at the Knebworth Fair, alongside Lynyrd Skynyrd, Todd Rundgren and 10cc.

Isle Of Wight 2007 takes place on June 08+09+10.

Story here :
http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna/article.html?a=/070319/340/h26uh.html&e=l_news_dm

19th March 2007 11:41 AM
jb Great news!!! Didn't that guy from Kasabian attack the band recently???
19th March 2007 11:43 AM
Gazza No..it was somewhat misquoted. He was a bit understandably pissed off when he was told that having supported them, he would be charged a few hundred quid to actually watch their set. However, it turned out this wasnt the case.

I saw them open for the Stones in Nice, and in fact he was pretty much falling over himself saying what an honour it was to open for the Stones.
19th March 2007 11:45 AM
glencar They ahven't palyed Russia before? Howe cool would it be if they play St. Petersburg on those dates I have open????
19th March 2007 11:46 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
No..it was somewhat misquoted. He was a bit understandably pissed off when he was told that having supported them, he would be charged a few hundred quid to actually watch their set. However, it turned out this wasnt the case.

I saw them open for the Stones in Nice, and in fact he was pretty much falling over himself saying what an honour it was to open for the Stones.

Will you be attendning this historical event? It looks like the Stones are determined to play as many of these historical events as possible(see Superbowl, Rio) as they wind their careers down..
19th March 2007 11:48 AM
glencar I certainly can't do Isle Of Wight as I have "other priorities"!
19th March 2007 11:50 AM
Gazza This festival usually gets extensive TV coverage, so I would imagine that at least a few songs from the Stones' performance will be televised.

main drawback though is that tickets for this event went on sale some weeks ago and sold out very quickly. Hopefully for Stones fans who were only wanting to pay the £125 ticket fee if the band were on the bill, they might have held a few thousand back. Maybe thats being too sensible and fan-friendly, though.
19th March 2007 11:51 AM
glencar LOL Not a chance!
19th March 2007 11:51 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
This festival usually gets extensive TV coverage, so I would imagine that at least a few songs from the Stones' performance will be televised.

main drawback though is that tickets for this event went on sale some weeks ago and sold out very quickly. Hopefully for Stones fans who were only wanting to pay the £125 ticket fee if the band were on the bill, they might have held a few thousand back. Maybe thats being too sensible and fan-friendly, though.

Will be interesting to see what type of fanasylum package, if any, will be available...
19th March 2007 11:53 AM
Jumping Jack Coop has been talking about how he is going to russia this summer and how he hates the cold. Early August with the Stones fits his schedule.
19th March 2007 11:53 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
I certainly can't do Isle Of Wight as I have "other priorities"!

me neither. I dont even like stadium shows, so festivals are right out. Especially considering where it is. You have to get a ferry out to the Isle of Wight, and what hotels there are would be fully booked some time ago.

Last time I stayed on a campsite, I woke up the next morning, switched on the radio and heard Elvis had died. So, I have an understandable aversion to them!
19th March 2007 11:54 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

Will be interesting to see what type of fanasylum package, if any, will be available...

They'll be the ones whose communal washroom facilities have hot AND cold water, whereas everyone else will have to go to a well.
19th March 2007 11:55 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

Will you be attendning this historical event? It looks like the Stones are determined to play as many of these historical events as possible(see Superbowl, Rio) as they wind their careers down..

no chance. Its simply too remote and awkward to get to, not to mention uncomfortable.
19th March 2007 11:55 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

They'll be the ones whose communal washroom facilities have hot AND cold water, whereas everyone else will have to go to a well.

The facilities have not changed much over the past 35 yrs???
19th March 2007 11:58 AM
Gazza Its a different festival than the one they had from 1969-71. Its a different town for starters, and much much smaller. The old one drew crowds of about 3-400,000. This one - which was revived in 2002 or thereabouts - is limited to about 50-60,000 I think.

I would imagine that conditions have improved, but its just not for me.
19th March 2007 12:01 PM
glencar
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Coop has been talking about how he is going to russia this summer and how he hates the cold. Early August with the Stones fits his schedule.

Join me?
19th March 2007 12:03 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
glencar wrote:
They ahven't palyed Russia before? Howe cool would it be if they play St. Petersburg on those dates I have open????

Yeah, I thought they played Moscow. At the very least, they got their picture taken in Red Square.
19th March 2007 12:03 PM
glencar My typing is atrocious!
19th March 2007 12:04 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Its a different festival than the one they had from 1969-71. Its a different town for starters, and much much smaller. The old one drew crowds of about 3-400,000. This one - which was revived in 2002 or thereabouts - is limited to about 50-60,000 I think.

I would imagine that conditions have improved, but its just not for me.

How do you get their from London? Any direct flights? Also, any luxury hotels ?

19th March 2007 12:06 PM
glencar No, it sounds like a dump. Joshy, think St. Petersburg!
19th March 2007 12:08 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
No, it sounds like a dump. Joshy, think St. Petersburg!

They have already played a undersold Moscow(only 48k)...I remeber they had a hard rock concert in the early 90's in Moscow with Motley Crew, AC/DC and even Bon Jovi, that drew 400k....and the Stones could onlyt get 48k!!! Really bad imo!!!
19th March 2007 12:10 PM
Joey "The Rolling Stones will headline this summer's Isle Of Wight Festival, it has been confirmed.

The rock'n'roll legends are expected to top the bill on the final evening of the event, making their first UK festival appearance in around 30 years. "

19th March 2007 12:11 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

They have already played a undersold Moscow(only 48k)...I remeber they had a hard rock concert in the early 90's in Moscow with Motley Crew, AC/DC and even Bon Jovi, that drew 400k....and the Stones could onlyt get 48k!!! Really bad imo!!!

This year will be different! Their economy is on a strong upswing!
19th March 2007 12:13 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
This year will be different! Their economy is on a strong upswing!

Putnin is scary...I would not mess with him!!!
19th March 2007 12:13 PM
glencar He's what this year's fascists are wearing!
19th March 2007 12:14 PM
gimmekeef Co-headliners Snow Patrol and Muse?...wtf????????..Never heard of em....
19th March 2007 12:17 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
jb wrote:

How do you get their from London? Any direct flights? Also, any luxury hotels ?

or this

19th March 2007 12:23 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

Yes , Putin is very popular in Russia as he has restored pride in the ' Motherland ' .

" Once KGB , always KGB Ronnie ! "

'kins

You are getting better at restating other's posts! Congrats...for what it's worth.
Saint Sway is that Voodoo's tent?

is he also holding a press conference?
glencar
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

or this

So you're not going Meg??
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)