ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© LFI with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Press Conference CONFIRMED! (Edit : Webcast on rs.com on 22/3/07 @ 16:00 GMT) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
20th March 2007 08:05 PM
GotToRollMe From Billboard.com:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003560257

Rolling Stones Reactivating For Isle Of Wight Fest
Rolling Stones

March 20, 2007, 10:50 AM ET
Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

The Rolling Stones will return to live duty with a June 10 headlining appearance at the Isle of Wight Festival, according to U.K. reports. The Stones have not played a U.K. festival since the Knebworth Fair in 1976.

Mick Jagger is expected to conduct a live Webcast Thursday (March 22) on the Stones' Web site, likely regarding more European concerts for this summer, including make-ups for dates canceled in Europe in 2006.

At Isle of Wight, which begins June 8, the Stones will be joined by Snow Patrol, Muse, Amy Winehouse, Keane, Kasabian, the Feeling, Paolo Nutini, James Morrison, Groove Armada and Wolfmother.

In other Stones news, frontman Mick Jagger is teaming with director Martin Scorsese to produce the music business-centered film "The Long Play." Meanwhile, Scorsese's as yet-untitled Stones documentary, including footage filmed last fall at New York's Beacon Theatre, is due for release in the fall.

20th March 2007 08:14 PM
Gazza was just gonna post the rumour about there being a webcast as well, but you beat me to it. Thanks

rs.com is down at the minute (as are many of the other Ultrastar sites). They'd better get it up and running again in the next 36 hours!
20th March 2007 08:48 PM
Gazza Apparently there now WON'T be a press conference, because Keith "can't make it".

Mick will apparently do a webcast INSTEAD of a press conference. I presume this means that the Virgin radio broadcast wont happen, but I'm not sure of that.

Another organisational own-goal. More people would have heard the radio broadcast than would see the webcast I'm sure.
20th March 2007 11:23 PM
glencar What time will it be? I hope you guys get 30+ shows! And I hope I make it over there too!
21st March 2007 03:52 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Apparently there now WON'T be a press conference, because Keith "can't make it".

Mick will apparently do a webcast INSTEAD of a press conference. I presume this means that the Virgin radio broadcast wont happen, but I'm not sure of that.

Keith can't make it?!

Yeah, cause he's got his day job and it's hard to take a day off, or he's short of money to make the trip, or they just told him and he had other plans

Major killjoy... I had such a buzz for the pc... Anyway, the good news is they're touring, I'll focus on that.
21st March 2007 05:19 AM
Jacques 5:00 pm Paris time, 4:00 London time
21st March 2007 06:38 AM
luxury1 I happen to be secretly enjoying the fact that the Stones are no longer such a world-wide mania. Bring on the smaller venues. In fact, last night I dreamt they played in front of a laundrymat in a strip mall, and Bill Wyman came out into the audience (all 100 or so of us standing around in the parking lot) and passed out multi-colored plastic tamborines for us to play.
21st March 2007 07:07 AM
egon is this tour already turning to shit,
before it has even started?
21st March 2007 07:47 AM
Bitch This is not off to a good start. Late to begin with, an unorganized plan for a radio press conf. downgraded into a web announcement, and KEEF is too busy?? Why TF dont they realize it doesnt give much confidence to the already skeptical ticket buyers?
21st March 2007 07:53 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Bitch wrote:
This is not off to a good start. Late to begin with, an unorganized plan for a radio press conf. downgraded into a web announcement, and KEEF is too busy?? Why TF dont they realize it doesnt give much confidence to the already skeptical ticket buyers?

I suppose cause the average person who'll buy a Stones ticket, won't bother to search the message boards for information on the press conference beforehand, and he'll / she'll only find out about the tour once it's announced, not even imagining all the things that went on until then. So it doesn't make much difference if the 4 Stones are there to do it - Mick makes the announcement over the net, so it's a sure and done thing.

All this lack of organizing skill gets me too though... I suppose we're all still very sensitive after last year's logistics hell... Let's hope history won't repeat itself!
21st March 2007 09:53 AM
Jeep
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Apparently there now WON'T be a press conference, because Keith "can't make it".

Maybe Keith is pissed off by the future solo album from his "friend" Mick Jagger.
The album is announced at the same time that the next Stones european tour ---> Keith boycot the PC ("Dogshit in the Doorway" syndrome).

21st March 2007 10:08 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Jeep wrote:

Maybe Keith is pissed off by the future solo album from his "friend" Mick Jagger.
The album is announced at the same time that the next Stones european tour ---> Keith boycot the PC ("Dogshit in the Doorway" syndrome).

Think so? Another World War?... Hmmm... There was no official announcement of Mick's solo though...
21st March 2007 10:48 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

no need for anyone to get upset. This is nothing new. Stones always do this... they treat Europe like the red-headed step child. The US gets the big and stylish press conferences while Europe gets the phone in. They've done it before.

the good news is that the tour is still a go and they will announce how much they plan to over charge us and what some of the dates that they will later cancel are going to be via webcast and we'll all get to see it.
21st March 2007 12:10 PM
GotToRollMe This has all got me very, very distoibed.
21st March 2007 12:40 PM
Pierre Very strange Mick is alone... No happen since 1990.

21st March 2007 01:00 PM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
is this tour already turning to shit,
before it has even started?

Oh , Baby Egon .............................

21st March 2007 01:00 PM
Scottfree We've been Omaha'd already....(see Omaha)
21st March 2007 01:32 PM
Gazza Mick Jagger will hold a webcast at 4pm tomorrow through the band's website Rollingstones.com.

A press conference to announce the Stones' European leg of their Bigger Bang Tour was to have taken place tomorrow afternoon in Park Lane, but due to scheduling problems, it is now altered to a worldwide webcast by front man Mick Jagger.

The Bigger Bang Tour, which kicked off in August 2005 has been officially labeled the “top-grossing tour in history” by US trade magazine Billboard.

Despite several set-backs and postponements along the worldwide tour route, incidents included Kieth Richards’ fall from a palm tree in Fiji and Mick Jagger's double-dose of laryngitis, the tour has been raptously recieved.

The tour has also been the subject of a documentary by Oscar-winning director Martin Scorcese.

The webcast is due to begin at 4pm. Fans will be able to ask Jagger questions as the announcement occurs.

To log on to the online announcement, click on HERE

Tomorrow afternoon (the link isnt working yet)

Source : http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/the_rolling_stones/news/9597
[Edited by Gazza]
21st March 2007 01:34 PM
Saint Sway I'm so excited I'm typing this while yawning
21st March 2007 01:42 PM
LadyJane 1600 GMT equals ??? EST?

LJ.
21st March 2007 01:43 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
1600 GMT equals ??? EST?

LJ.

No LJ, thats not the time.

That how much dollars it will cost to sign up to view it on Virtual Ticket
21st March 2007 01:45 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
1600 GMT equals ??? EST?

LJ.

12:00pm, I think, LJ.
21st March 2007 01:46 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Mick Jagger will hold a webcast at 4pm tomorrow through the band's website Rollingstones.com.

A press conference to announce the Stones' European leg of their Bigger Bang Tour was to have taken place tomorrow afternoon in Park Lane, but due to scheduling problems, it is now altered to a worldwide webcast by front man Mick Jagger.

The Bigger Bang Tour, which kicked off in August 2005 has been officially labeled the ?top-grossing tour in history? by US trade magazine Billboard.

Despite several set-backs and postponements along the worldwide tour route, incidents included Kieth Richards? fall from a palm tree in Fiji and Mick Jagger's double-dose of laryngitis, the tour has been raptously recieved.

The tour has also been the subject of a documentary by Oscar-winning director Martin Scorcese.

The webcast is due to begin at 4pm. Fans will be able to ask Jagger questions as the announcement occurs.

To log on to the online announcement, click on HERE

Tomorrow afternoon (the link isnt working yet)

Source : http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/the_rolling_stones/news/9597
[Edited by Gazza]

Thanks, Gazza!
21st March 2007 01:46 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

LOL.

Oh I can already hear Mick.

"Ello. I am here to tell you about our EXCITING new Tour. We have many surprises in store for our European fans and look forward to visiting many places we've never played before."

Feel free to add.

LJ.
21st March 2007 01:47 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

LOL!
21st March 2007 01:49 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

LOL.

Oh I can already hear Mick.

"Ello. I am here to tell you about our EXCITING new Tour. We have many surprises in store for our European fans and look forward to visiting many places we've never played before."

Feel free to add.

LJ.

You forgot the part about how they're going to play theaters and clubs!
21st March 2007 01:53 PM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

12:00pm, I think, LJ.

Correct. ET is usually 5 hours behind GMT, but as your clocks changed two weeks before ours, it's just a 4 hour difference until this weekend

17.00 Central Europe Time
16.00 GMT
12.00 ET, 11.00 CT, 09.00 Pacific
21st March 2007 01:54 PM
LadyJane
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

You forgot the part about how they're going to play theaters and clubs!

That will be uttered by your favorite Devil, Michael "Don King" Cohl.

LJ.

This is why I love RO.
We love our Band yet we realize what a sham most of this is and aren't afraid to speak our demented minds.

21st March 2007 02:13 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

That will be uttered by your favorite Devil, Michael "Don King" Cohl.

LJ.

Ya mean this guy?

I'm surprised at you, LJ! "Honest Mike" Cohl wouldn't tell a lie...would he?

21st March 2007 02:21 PM
Angiegirl Hmmm, I wonder if my coworkers'll object to some noise from my speakers at 1700... Or my boss... To hell with'em! I'll watch. Without sound if I'm forced to.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)