ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© LFI with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Press Conference CONFIRMED! (Edit : Webcast on rs.com on 22/3/07 @ 16:00 GMT) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
19th March 2007 12:13 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

If you believe in forever, than life is just a one night stand.....

If there's a rock & roll heaven well, you know they have a helluva band...
[Edited by glencar]
19th March 2007 12:14 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

true...last mini tour was by all accounts a low point in media lack of attention and poor attendance...they "jumped the shark" here for sure. I don't see a viable market here at all anymore, other than small arenas(5-10k).

well..what I meant was that as the tour is in Europe and there's no plans for American shows, theres NO point having it anywhere BUT Europe. American journalists and newspapers arent going to be interested in a Stones tour that isnt in the US, whereas a European tour would attract journalists and news media from across the European continent.

You mentioned the satellite thing - but that was only done on previous tours because they happened to be touring the US when the announcement was made. Otherwise they would have done it in Europe, and probably London (as was the case in 1990)
19th March 2007 03:45 PM
Gazza I've now been advised that the press conference will take place at the Grosvenor Hotel in London on Thursday afternoon and that it will be carried live in the UK on Virgin radio
19th March 2007 03:46 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I've now been advised that the press conference will take place at the Grosvenor Hotel in London on Thursday afternoon and that it will be carried live in the UK on Virgin radio

exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please go and take pictures if work permits.
19th March 2007 03:52 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I've now been advised that the press conference will take place at the Grosvenor Hotel in London on Thursday afternoon and that it will be carried live in the UK on Virgin radio

I am now so excited that I am typing this with me penis AND nipples . Ouch !
19th March 2007 03:57 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

big deal.... no blimp, no bridge closings, no live performance... the Europe press conferences always get Omaha'd
19th March 2007 04:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please go and take pictures if work permits.

er...Josh...I live in a different island thats a 75 minute flight away.....

Plus, I doubt it'll be open to the public, anyway.
19th March 2007 04:23 PM
Mel Belli I for one would like to say a prayer to "Baby Jesus" that this summer's European tour is well-played and accident-free!

19th March 2007 09:41 PM
Bitch
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Thanks for the scoop, Gazza! Will this be televised? Do you know what time?
20th March 2007 05:57 AM
Gazza all I know is that it'll be on the radio that afternoon. Virgin radio can be picked up on the 'net.

Maybe Sky News will show it on their interactive news service if its a slow news day, but I wouldnt bet on it.
20th March 2007 06:20 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:
all I know is that it'll be on the radio that afternoon. Virgin radio can be picked up on the 'net.

I'm lazy. Any links for Virgin's broadcast?
20th March 2007 06:25 AM
charlotte for those who are mentally and physically challenged:
http://www.virginradio.co.uk/
20th March 2007 06:56 AM
Bitch
quote:
charlotte wrote:
for those who are mentally and physically challenged:

Charlotte, thanks alot for the link!
Now, assuming the Stones are not morning people, I would guess the announcement will be 2 or 3 pm, which is 10 or 11 am est, or later, depending on the actual time of the announcement. I'll be tuned in and ready! Let it rock!
20th March 2007 10:32 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Rolling Stones message board webmasters should get press passes to these events!
20th March 2007 10:39 AM
FotiniD
quote:
charlotte wrote:
for those who are mentally and physically challenged:

True enough charlotte!
The mentally and physically challenged salute you!
20th March 2007 10:47 AM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Rolling Stones message board webmasters should get press passes to these events!

I know. Especially UK-based ones.

No doubt the questions asked will be the usual brain-dead tabloid fodder ("will this be your last tour?", etc), and the reports the next day will be full of the usual ageist shite with the startling and highly original revelations about their combined age (as if 'combined ages' mean anything - the 'combined age' of an NFL team roster is probably around 1,300 and no one highlights that..!)
[Edited by Gazza]
20th March 2007 10:57 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:

No doubt the questions asked will be the usual brain-dead tabloid fodder ("will this be your last tour?", etc), and the reports the next day will be full of the usual ageist shite with the startling and highly original revelations about their combined age (as if 'combined ages' mean anything - the 'combined age' of an NFL team roster is probably around 1,300 and no one highlights that..!)

I know Gazza, BUT, do we really care?
I'm so thrilled about the new tour coming along and getting to see them four talking about it, that I don't care if all those bored and lazy "journalists" do another cut & paste from their last year's pieces and post them again.

The Stones are here for yet another year, and that my friend, is an answer enough for me, to all those "is this going to be the last tour" questions.

P.S. And yep, a pass to the conference would be appropriate.
20th March 2007 12:15 PM
GotToRollMe I am now so excited that I am typing this with Michael Cohl's pointy tail!
20th March 2007 12:18 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

I know Gazza, BUT, do we really care?
I'm so thrilled about the new tour coming along and getting to see them four talking about it, that I don't care if all those bored and lazy "journalists" do another cut & paste from their last year's pieces and post them again.

The Stones are here for yet another year, and that my friend, is an answer enough for me, to all those "is this going to be the last tour" questions.

P.S. And yep, a pass to the conference would be appropriate.

Now this, this IS quality, heart-felt postin'! Couldn't agree more...
20th March 2007 12:18 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Where exactly do you live ? I thought it was the West end of London???
20th March 2007 12:19 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

you must be relatively new here
20th March 2007 12:20 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

I believe Gazza lives at a place called the wick .
20th March 2007 12:21 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
jb wrote:

Bloody Belfast! You are a joker jb
20th March 2007 12:22 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

I believe Gazza lives at a place called the wick .

I am not familiar with that area? I thought Gazza was originally from Ireland, but subsequently located in the West end of London????
20th March 2007 12:29 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

No , if I recall correctly , I think Gazza once mentioned that he lives in a suburb of London called ' the wick ' .

However , I might have been stoned and misread the post

Developing ....................

I don't recall either....I believe he originally came form Ireland, but relocated to the West end of London . I am not 100% sure...
20th March 2007 12:37 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

I don't recall either....I believe he originally came form Ireland, but relocated to the West end of London . I am not 100% sure...

I too have great difficulty recalling the exact nature of Gazza's residency --- I swear it was the ' Richmond ' district in West London , but my gut tells he once mentioned an acreage called : the wick .

Developing ..................................

Joe Sea ... Scroll !
20th March 2007 12:39 PM
jb
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Bloody Belfast! You are a joker jb

Belfast!!! It's very lovely there this time of year....I imagine St. Patties day was quite a party....I have always wanted to visit the Irish Springs soap factory there....
20th March 2007 12:42 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

Belfast!!! It's very lovely there this time of year....I imagine St. Patties day was quite a party....I have always wanted to visit the Irish Springs soap factory there....

Happy St. Paddy's Day jb!

20th March 2007 01:45 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Do not get me wrong Josh .................

Gazza may indeed live in West London . In fact , information of that nature may exist , but I can not recall .

Accordingly , I am going with : The Wick ......

....and you 's ?!

kins !
20th March 2007 01:46 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Joey wrote:

Do not get me wrong Josh .................

Gazza may indeed live in West London . In fact , information of that nature may exist , but I can not recall .

Accordingly , I am going with : The Wick ......

....and you 's ?!

kins !

Gazza spends enough time here!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)