ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© LFI with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Press Conference CONFIRMED! (Edit : Webcast on rs.com on 22/3/07 @ 16:00 GMT) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
19th March 2007 05:18 AM
IanBillen
I doubt it is an actual press conference right? We all know they are hitting Europe in the Summer so what is the major announcement?

I certainly do not think it concerns any new material or album to come does it?

I don't expect another (IF and I stress IF they hold up to do another album) until 2008.

Ian
19th March 2007 05:54 AM
corgi37 Maybe they will reveal who is the father of Anna Nicole Smith's kid?
19th March 2007 08:37 AM
mojoman
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Maybe they will reveal who is the father of Anna Nicole Smith's kid?

mick?
19th March 2007 09:05 AM
FotiniD
quote:
mojoman wrote:

mick?

Sure enough, hence the new tour. More expenses!
19th March 2007 10:37 AM
albert ah, so they are going to announce the real dates on thursday?

I'll be back from holidays on june 9 th so: no Nijmegen for me.

Some advice from all you die-hards is welcome where I should go to. London, Dublin...........???????????

gr,
Albert
Holland
19th March 2007 10:42 AM
jb Is this going to be a "announcement" in the form of a press release or will they do something live? I don't see Keith or Mick, or any of them for that matter, appearing together...perhaps a satellite feed with Mick and Keith?
[Edited by jb]
19th March 2007 10:44 AM
albert don't know; read this here in this thread.......
19th March 2007 10:52 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
Is this going to be a "announcement" in the form of a press release or will they do something live? I don't see Keith or Mick, or any of them for that matter, appearing together...perhaps a satellite feed with Mick and Keith?
[Edited by jb]

I hope they're going to fly a zeppelin into Central Park!
19th March 2007 10:54 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:

I don't think so as this is not a new tour, just a continuation of the never ending ABB tour...they need to promote it as they did not sell all that great last time, and people are busy buying Police and Genesis tickets.
19th March 2007 10:58 AM
glencar Joshy, will you be making the effort? I seriously am time limited & will only make the effort if I know other ROer's will be there.
19th March 2007 11:00 AM
_Boomy_
quote:
glencar wrote:

Segway's will be used.

19th March 2007 11:01 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, will you be making the effort? I seriously am time limited & will only make the effort if I know other ROer's will be there.

I am looking into a European family vacation this summer...if the dates work, I certainly will try to work around the concert schedule. I guess we will have a better idea this Thursday......what a mess at the airports this past weekend!!
19th March 2007 11:03 AM
glencar It was mostly foreign flights that got screwed this time, i.e. Royal Air Maroc at JFK was on the tarmac for 11 hours. I was stuck on the tarmac at Christmas for 1/2 an hour & I started getting angry...
19th March 2007 11:04 AM
glencar The only dates I can go to Europe are 8/16-8/19. The 15th & 20th would be my travel days. Quite frankly, I'm not sure it's worth the chance of a cancelled show.
19th March 2007 11:06 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
It was mostly foreign flights that got screwed this time, i.e. Royal Air Maroc at JFK was on the tarmac for 11 hours. I was stuck on the tarmac at Christmas for 1/2 an hour & I started getting angry...

I have been stuck up to an hr, and like you, I was going nuts...how can they keep people in a plane for so long..it is very claustrophobic and they need to re-fuel anyway..why not let them out and then re-board???
19th March 2007 11:08 AM
glencar I guess last summer I was stuck on the tarmac for an hour at the Myrtle Beach airport but that was on the way home. This last time, we'd already arrived in NY but they had no gate for us. I think people are more willing to put up with it if they think the flight might somehow get off.
19th March 2007 11:09 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Is this going to be a "announcement" in the form of a press release or will they do something live? I don't see Keith or Mick, or any of them for that matter, appearing together...perhaps a satellite feed with Mick and Keith?
[Edited by jb]

It'll be a press conference. Either in London or Amsterdam.

Why would they do a satellite feed when all 4 of them have homes in England?
19th March 2007 11:18 AM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

I doubt it is an actual press conference right? We all know they are hitting Europe in the Summer

Not true. The general public are totally oblivious to the fact that the Stones are touring this summer, as are, I would imagine, most of their fans. It hasnt even been hinted at on their own website

quote:
so what is the major announcement?

um...the list of dates, perhaps?

They didnt announce anything but the dates at the US one as the album hadnt been finished and they didnt even know the title

They hardly need a "major announcement" to do a press conference. They do one on the eve of every European tour and they even did one for the Superbowl.

[Edited by Gazza]
19th March 2007 11:18 AM
Saint Sway RS.com "Legacy" fan club members can listen to the press conference on a Sprint phone for $9.99 a minute if you have an Amex Gold card.
19th March 2007 11:21 AM
glencar I'm so there!
19th March 2007 11:21 AM
Gazza
quote:
albert wrote:
ah, so they are going to announce the real dates on thursday?

I'll be back from holidays on june 9 th so: no Nijmegen for me.

Some advice from all you die-hards is welcome where I should go to. London, Dublin...........???????????

gr,
Albert
Holland

well..I think the Belgian gig might suit you OK, as it could be after you get home..plus Paris is June 16th.

London sounds good to me!
19th March 2007 11:22 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

It'll be a press conference. Either in London or Amsterdam.

Why would they do a satellite feed when all 4 of them have homes in England?

Mick and Keith are in the sates, no?
19th March 2007 11:22 AM
glencar I might end up in my favorite country - Scotland!
19th March 2007 11:23 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

They got jets!
19th March 2007 12:00 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

I dont know, but unless they're planning to return to England by boat, I would imagine that they should be able to get to Europe in time.

Theres no point in having a press conference in the US as the media there would have no interest.
19th March 2007 12:02 PM
glencar They could do it by satellite again.
19th March 2007 12:07 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I dont know, but unless they're planning to return to England by boat, I would imagine that they should be able to get to Europe in time.

Theres no point in having a press conference in the US as the media there would have no interest.

true...last mini tour was by all accounts a low point in media lack of attention and poor attendance...they "jumped the shark" here for sure. I don't see a viable market here at all anymore, other than small arenas(5-10k).
19th March 2007 12:11 PM
Saint Sway they'll need to increase the ticket prices substantially in order to win gross and help cover the tarp costs
19th March 2007 12:12 PM
oldkr they should do a feed again! keith drinking and smoking on GMTV was too much!

jb - you will go to the london shows + other select and exclusive events on my behalf. You are hereby granted permission to claim, when asked, that you are in fact, a licensed reproduction of OldKR.

I will clear it with Chuck.

OLDKR
19th March 2007 12:12 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

true...last mini tour was by all accounts a low point in media lack of attention and poor attendance...they "jumped the shark" here for sure. I don't see a viable market here at all anymore, other than small arenas(5-10k).

Even that's a marginal proposition!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)