ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© LFI with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Press Conference CONFIRMED! (Edit : Webcast on rs.com on 22/3/07 @ 16:00 GMT) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
16th March 2007 05:49 PM
Gazza
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

ROFL! You're killing me Gary. Did I tell ya bout my new home?

Its in the Vatican as well?
16th March 2007 05:49 PM
glencar Please keep us posted! Remember I can be "over there" from 16-19 of August!
16th March 2007 05:50 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I wouldnt expect there to be, in fairness - but enough people heard it. Next Thursday afternoon.

Afternoon US East Coast time? Do you know who's afternoon we're talking about by any chance?
16th March 2007 05:52 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Please keep us posted! Remember I can be "over there" from 16-19 of August!

I'm trying to, but you fuckers hijack every thread relating to it

Theres been strong rumours of a Dublin show. I would imagine a gig on that scale (Croke Park can hold around 80,000 for sports and is one of the biggest 5 or 6 stadiums in Europe) would take place on a weekend if it comes off, so as theyre in London on Saturday 25th, its quite possible it could be somewhere like that the weekend before? Just speculation of course.

16th March 2007 05:53 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Theres been strong rumours of a Dublin show. I would imagine a gig on that scale (Croke Park can hold around 80,000 for sports and is one of the biggest 5 or 6 stadiums in Europe) would take place on a weekend if it comes off, so as theyre in London on Saturday 25th, its quite possible it could be somewhere like that the weekend before? Just speculation of course.

At least this hijacking is friendly!!! I will hav eto start planning. Will you make Croke Park?
16th March 2007 05:53 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

we put the fun in dsyfunctional!!
16th March 2007 05:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Afternoon US East Coast time? Do you know who's afternoon we're talking about by any chance?

as Virgin Radio mentioned 'afternoon' apparently, that would indicate UK time.

Cant think why theyd do the announcement from the US, considering the tour is in Europe, theyre not playing in the US at present and three of them live here most of the time
16th March 2007 05:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

we put the fun in dsyfunctional!!

at least spell the fucker properly!!!
16th March 2007 05:55 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
dsyfunctional

And apparently we put the run in drunk.
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:

lol exactly
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

as Virgin Radio mentioned 'afternoon' apparently, that would indicate UK time.

Cant think why theyd do the announcement from the US, considering the tour is in Europe, theyre not playing in the US at present and three of them live here most of the time

Where are the Stones currently? Mick'ss in Lalaland, Keith's in NY area...
16th March 2007 05:57 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I need to bone up for my GED test
16th March 2007 05:57 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Sure, but you still look at Stones-related things with logic and brains. That's the problem.

Seriously though, that's a bummer, as I won't be able to resist searching the net all afternoon while my boss expects me to do some more constructive work (I think).
16th March 2007 05:58 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
At least this hijacking is friendly!!! I will hav eto start planning. Will you make Croke Park?

Dunno. Its possible. I really hope it ISNT there, though.

A lot depends on whats happening on these 'missing' dates in August that havent been rumoured yet. If the UK gets a few indoor shows for example, that'll be more of a priority for me. I really DONT want to go to any more stadium shows, if I can still see the Stones and get away with not doing so . Wembley being the exception.
16th March 2007 06:00 PM
Gazza
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Sure, but you still look at Stones-related things with logic and brains. That's the problem.

Seriously though, that's a bummer, as I won't be able to resist searching the net all afternoon while my boss expects me to do some more constructive work (I think).

well, logic is how I'm looking at it, but as you say..this is the Stones...

Thankfully I'll not be out of the office next Thursday so I can waste the afternoon
16th March 2007 06:03 PM
Angiegirl Still I can't get over Nijmegen. On a weekday no less. That sucks. Maybe I'd better not go to Nijmegen and save up for London or something...
16th March 2007 06:05 PM
glencar I don't think too many Ameriacn ROers will take the risk...
16th March 2007 06:25 PM
Gazza Travelling to any Stones show is a risk nowadays, unfortunately.

I was very fortunate last summer. I think they announced 36 shows, and only 19 of them took place - and only 13 of those happened on the date they were supposed to. Luckily, all five of mine went ahead as planned. I know of some people who had tickets for as many as 7 shows and lost every one of them.

Guess it made up for 1998 when in the space of a few days, I lost 5 out of my 6 shows - a second Paris gig scheduled for Mick's birthday being cancelled due to slow sales and then all 4 UK shows being postponed for a year.

I'd certainly be cautious about buying tickets for one of the slowest selling shows, because if any shows need to be rearranged due to ill-health, it'll be those gigs that are cancelled in order to make way for them.
16th March 2007 06:33 PM
Joey
quote:
Flairville wrote:
Hi all, It's just been on Virgin Radio that there's a major announcement coming next week from the Rolling Stones! Bring it on! Ben.

I am now so excited that I am typing this with me penis . Word .

'kins , Established 1999
16th March 2007 06:35 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

I have nothing to say at all...

16th March 2007 07:24 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Travelling to any Stones show is a risk nowadays, unfortunately.

I was very fortunate last summer. I think they announced 36 shows, and only 19 of them took place - and only 13 of those happened on the date they were supposed to. Luckily, all five of mine went ahead as planned. I know of some people who had tickets for as many as 7 shows and lost every one of them.

Guess it made up for 1998 when in the space of a few days, I lost 5 out of my 6 shows - a second Paris gig scheduled for Mick's birthday being cancelled due to slow sales and then all 4 UK shows being postponed for a year.

I'd certainly be cautious about buying tickets for one of the slowest selling shows, because if any shows need to be rearranged due to ill-health, it'll be those gigs that are cancelled in order to make way for them.

I made it to those Wembley 99 shows. 1st one I was at the front of the stage & the next night I was at the B stage. The only disappointment was the sameness of the setlists.
[Edited by glencar]
16th March 2007 07:50 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
I made it to those Wembley 99 shows. 1st one I was at the front of the stage & the next night I was at the B stage. The only disappointment was the sameness of the setlists.

If I remember right, Keith changed both of his songs around every night on those shows, whereas Mick barely changed a single song on the songs HE sang.
16th March 2007 08:14 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:

I was front of stage at both Wembley shows in '99. And Gazza and I and a few other people (hehehe) were at Shepherd's Bush a few days before that, partly thanks to Mr. Wood (?), the owner of a small hotel in Sheffield, and Gary's mobile phone (one of the first ones I ever saw up close I believe ).
16th March 2007 08:18 PM
mojoman
quote:
Joey wrote:

I am now so excited that I am typing this with me penis . Word .

'kins , Established 1999

trojan?
16th March 2007 08:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

(one of the first ones I ever saw up close I believe ).

16th March 2007 08:36 PM
Angiegirl You'd better believe it! I was young back then...
16th March 2007 11:08 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

If I remember right, Keith changed both of his songs around every night on those shows, whereas Mick barely changed a single song on the songs HE sang.

I think one night Mick sang Ruby tuesday & the other night was Angie. Otherwise that was it!
17th March 2007 04:35 AM
erikjjf
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think one night Mick sang Ruby tuesday & the other night was Angie. Otherwise that was it!

He also replaced Live With Me with Bitch, between the two shows.
17th March 2007 08:53 AM
Stray Cat UK Yes,they were great shows. The 1st time the UK had seen a golden circle ,which incredably was free on a 1st come 1 st served basis.

I got front of stage Ronnies side on the 2nd night. Keith walked right past us in the pit during Brown Sugar. You can't get THAT close anymore.
17th March 2007 10:44 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Its in the Vatican as well?

No, it is in Zaandam. A town north of Amsterdam. Had noting to do with Market Garden I think.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)