ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© LFI with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Press Conference CONFIRMED! (Edit : Webcast on rs.com on 22/3/07 @ 16:00 GMT) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
16th March 2007 03:27 PM
glencar
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
I like Burger King better. Actually, I like the FEBO better.

FEBO?
16th March 2007 03:32 PM
Angiegirl A Dutch chain of fastfooddealers, which we call snackbars over here
16th March 2007 03:34 PM
glencar I was at a fastfood joint in Ghent, Belgium once. Quite tasty & they ahd a huge video dcreen palying a song called I'm a Big Big Girl by Amelia..
16th March 2007 03:34 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Pug has been a complete non-factor around here.
Where is he???

LJ.

He does a lot of driving b/t Chicago and Milwaukee. I believe he attends a lot of trade shows.
16th March 2007 03:35 PM
Saint Sway I will go to Amsterdam this tour.

but not for the stones

just for Angie, the weed and the Tim Reis extravaganza
16th March 2007 03:39 PM
glencar And the Stones Convention?
16th March 2007 03:40 PM
Angiegirl Apparently the Stones won't be playing in Amsterdam this year, so you should be safe. Unless, of course, you do meet me. The Dutch are aggressive and arrogant. Just ask the Belgians.
16th March 2007 03:57 PM
glencar The Belgian who hosted me told me that the Dutch are cheapskates. I didn't take him seriously.
16th March 2007 03:59 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
The Belgian who hosted me told me that the Dutch are cheapskates. I didn't take him seriously.

It's nice to see the Dutch join us in that stereotype.
16th March 2007 04:00 PM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Apparently the Stones won't be playing in Amsterdam this year, so you should be safe. Unless, of course, you do meet me. The Dutch are aggressive and arrogant. Just ask the Belgians.

my mother is belgian (from ghent) but she tells me that the dutch make fun of the belgians. whenever i meet someone from the netherlands i give them the green light to make fun of me!!!
16th March 2007 04:01 PM
Angiegirl We are. We have a saying in Dutch "Ons bin zunig" ("we are cheap").
16th March 2007 04:01 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

It's nice to see the Dutch join us in that stereotype.

I always heard the Scots were cheaper than anyone.
16th March 2007 04:02 PM
glencar
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
We are. We have a saying in Dutch "Ons bin zunig" ("we are cheap").

LOL It's great when one can turn a stereotype on its chin.
16th March 2007 04:03 PM
Angiegirl We also indeed have loads of standard jokes about Belgians, where they always play the clueless role. I believe the Belgians have these kind of stereotype jokes about us as well.
16th March 2007 04:05 PM
glencar The Belgians were the nicest people I've ever seen. The Scots were quiet & boring, quite frankly.
16th March 2007 04:06 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL It's great when one can turn a stereotype on its chin.

The fact is, that Jews are not cheap...we are more affluent and more likely to leave large tips than your average blue collar, beer gut drinking goy.
16th March 2007 04:07 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
The Belgians were the nicest people I've ever seen.

They are. They're sweet, funny, polite and soft-spoken. I grew up just 2 miles from the border with Belgium and spent almost as much time 'abroad' as in the Netherlands. Just to eat pancakes and icecream.
16th March 2007 04:07 PM
glencar Joshy, I don't think I've ever said jews were cheap. My best friend is jewish & much more generous than his shiksa wife.
16th March 2007 04:08 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, I don't think I've ever said jews were cheap. My best friend is jewish & much more generous than his shiksa wife.

Not you!!! The stereotype....
16th March 2007 04:08 PM
glencar
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

They are. They're sweet, funny, polite and soft-spoken. I grew up just 2 miles from the border with Belgium and spent almost as much time 'abroad' as in the Netherlands. Just to eat pancakes and icecream.

I got to see the area near Ypres where all the WWI tunnels are.
16th March 2007 04:09 PM
Angiegirl I don't know any Jewish people I think. Not that it would matter, they would be Dutch Jews, so they would be cheap anyway.
16th March 2007 04:09 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

Not you!!! The stereotype....

Honestly, it's not a stereotype I hear much these days, even when Jews aren't around. In fact, jews bring it up more than us. I hear cheap stuff about blacks a lot.
16th March 2007 04:10 PM
glencar
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
I don't know any Jewish people I think. Not that it would matter, they would be Dutch Jews, so they would be cheap anyway.

Twice as cheap?
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Honestly, it's not a stereotype I hear much these days, even when Jews aren't around. In fact, jews bring it up more than us. I hear cheap stuff about blacks a lot.

Yes...me too!!!
Listen to this:
ONALD TRUMP CALLS PRESIDENT BUSH 'LIAR' ON CNN: 'Everything in Washington has been a lie. Weapons of mass destruction, it was a total lie. It was a way of attacking Iraq, which he thought was going to be easy and it turned out to be the exact opposite of easy. He reads 60 books a year. He reads a book a week. Do you think the president reads a book a week? I don't think so. He doesn't watch television. Now, one thing I know is when I'm on television, I watch, or I try. You do. Your own ego says, let's watch. Whether good or bad, you want to watch. He doesn't watch television. He's on television being interviewed by you or someone else, he doesn't watch. Does anyone really believe that?' MORE...
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
I got to see the area near Ypres where all the WWI tunnels are.

Lol, I remember going there for some high-school trip during a history project.
monkey_man
quote:
jb wrote:

The fact is, that Jews are not cheap...we are more affluent and more likely to leave large tips than your average blue collar, beer gut drinking goy.

Tipping is much more prevalent among the blue collar than they affluent.
16th March 2007 04:11 PM
_Boomy_

"Can you 'Super Size It' at FEBO? I needs a big Cherry Coke!"

16th March 2007 04:12 PM
glencar See my Miss Jackson If You're Nasty thread...
16th March 2007 04:13 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

Yes...me too!!!
Listen to this:
ONALD TRUMP CALLS PRESIDENT BUSH 'LIAR' ON CNN: 'Everything in Washington has been a lie. Weapons of mass destruction, it was a total lie. It was a way of attacking Iraq, which he thought was going to be easy and it turned out to be the exact opposite of easy. He reads 60 books a year. He reads a book a week. Do you think the president reads a book a week? I don't think so. He doesn't watch television. Now, one thing I know is when I'm on television, I watch, or I try. You do. Your own ego says, let's watch. Whether good or bad, you want to watch. He doesn't watch television. He's on television being interviewed by you or someone else, he doesn't watch. Does anyone really believe that?' MORE...

Trump is officially a blowhard.
16th March 2007 04:13 PM
Angiegirl I think we should get some justified praise for getting this baby to page 3 in one evening while ignoring the announcement entirely.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)