ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© LFI with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Press Conference CONFIRMED! (Edit : Webcast on rs.com on 22/3/07 @ 16:00 GMT) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
21st March 2007 03:04 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
LOL.

Oh I can already hear Mick.

"Ello. I am here to tell you about our EXCITING new Tour. We have many surprises in store for our European fans and look forward to visiting many places we've never played before."

yeah. He always says one of the reasons they are coming back is because they're "excited to play places they havent played before"

after nearly 45 years of touring, is there really anywhere they havent played?

even with todays exciting news about Slane Castle show, they're still one of only a handful of bands to have ever headlined there before
21st March 2007 03:48 PM
Gazza The Stones WON'T be playing Wembley Stadium on the 25th August. Just checked rfl.uk.com and the stadium is in use that day for the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final (which explains why the hotels in the Wembley area are pretty much filled up already)

Looks like Slane may well be followed by some arena shows instead. Wembley Arena is now listed on IORR as a possibility for 25/8/07, so I think either they'll play 2-3 nights there or else precede it with a couple of arena shows in other cities
21st March 2007 03:49 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
after nearly 45 years of touring, is there really anywhere they havent played?

if the rumours about this summer are true, there are about 5-6 countries in eastern europe who could be getting Stones shows for the very first time.
21st March 2007 03:56 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

if the rumours about this summer are true, there are about 5-6 countries in eastern europe who could be getting Stones shows for the very first time.

I am so excited to see the Futball/tongue t-shirts that I am typing this with my arms folded
21st March 2007 04:50 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I am now completely moist .
21st March 2007 04:59 PM
Gazza Good to see our friends at Reuters used the info I gave them about the webcast...

Rolling Stones to announce Europe tour Thursday
Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:05PM EDT

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Mick Jagger will take to the Web on Thursday to announce details of the Rolling Stones' summer tour of Europe, a spokeswoman said.

Jagger, who will be in London, will reveal the itinerary and take questions from European media outlets at 4 p.m. GMT (noon EDT). The webcast can also be viewed by the public.

It was originally envisaged that the whole band would talk about the tour during a traditional news conference at a London hotel, but U.S.-based guitarist Keith Richards was unable to make it, according to a source close to the band. ()

The trek is expected to include cities that were pulled from the itinerary of last year's tour after Richards hurt his head while on vacation in Fiji. Additionally, two Spain shows were scrapped at the last minute when Jagger came down with a sore throat.

According to the well-connected fan web site It's Only Rock'n Roll the tour will likely include a June 10 stop at Britain's Isle of Wight festival, while shows are rumored for such cities as Athens, Barcelona, Belgrade, Brussels, Bucharest, Chorzow, Copenhagen, Duesseldorf, Gothenburg, Helsinki, Lisbon, Lyon, Madrid, Nijmegen, Oslo, Paris, Rome, San Sebastian, St. Petersburg, and Zagreb.

Reuters

[Edited by Gazza]
21st March 2007 05:02 PM
polytoxic
quote:
Pierre wrote:
Very strange Mick is alone... No happen since 1990.

KInda funny how Mick's gone from the "Benedict Arnold" of the 80's to taking over Keith's traditional latter day role as "The Only Stone Who Really Gives A Shit".
21st March 2007 05:05 PM
Nellcote Is there a charge to watch the presser?
Maybe I can get a wrist band somewhere?
What about my payment to rs.com, will that get me in a virtual waiting room, where I can enter Brian Jones Great Grandmother's name, then the ship name which Ron Wood Romany relatives settled on, to have a chance to download the secret code to bring up the special video player, which I will need to pay a $100 non refundable, non transferrable fee? I understand, before I can access the video, I have to purchase special commerative shirts from the cancelled shows in '06, only available in size small, at $50 each.
I am pumped & jacked with excitement!
If one of the Stones takes ill, will I get a refund?
Hello, is this mike working?
21st March 2007 05:07 PM
Saint Sway they mentioned IORR and not us! THATS BULLSHIT!!

IORR & Stonesdoug always get the credit over us.

we are the straw that stirs the drink!!!

Its time the media gave us our due!!!

have they not scene the Joey thread????
21st March 2007 05:11 PM
speedfreakjive some interesting cities there, a shame they can't play another
venue in UK though, Birmingham?. Hopefully they'll be playing Gimme Shelter and Street Fighting Man this time though
21st March 2007 05:15 PM
Saint Sway I have heard rumors from a very reliable source that they will be playing Honkeytonk Woman, JJ Flash, SMU, Tumbling Dice, Brown Sugar, Satisfaction, YGMR, IORR, YCAGWYW and Night Time on the European tour this summer.
21st March 2007 05:29 PM
Gazza
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Is there a charge to watch the presser?

No..its free, I believe, and the public can watch it. (Even the Stones wouldnt be so clueless as to have a webcast to announce a tour that hardly anyone will be able to watch)

Although dont be surprised if theres some technical fuck up.
[Edited by Gazza]
21st March 2007 09:14 PM
mojoman
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The Stones WON'T be playing Wembley Stadium on the 25th August. Just checked rfl.uk.com and the stadium is in use that day for the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final (which explains why the hotels in the Wembley area are pretty much filled up already)

Looks like Slane may well be followed by some arena shows instead. Wembley Arena is now listed on IORR as a possibility for 25/8/07, so I think either they'll play 2-3 nights there or else precede it with a couple of arena shows in other cities

wembley arena? killer!!!
21st March 2007 09:55 PM
Tom nOT SURFE IF THIS WAS POSTED BUT ON jULY 17 we'll have "Lia Manoliu" National Stadium in Bucharest
22nd March 2007 12:28 AM
glencar
quote:
polytoxic wrote:

KInda funny how Mick's gone from the "Benedict Arnold" of the 80's to taking over Keith's traditional latter day role as "The Only Stone Who Really Gives A Shit".

Mick also did Philly in 1981 solo.
22nd March 2007 12:34 AM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Correct. ET is usually 5 hours behind GMT, but as your clocks changed two weeks before ours, it's just a 4 hour difference until this weekend

17.00 Central Europe Time
16.00 GMT
12.00 ET, 11.00 CT, 09.00 Pacific

Gazza, the clocks where I work are always set on GMT. Does UK have Daylight Savings Time? Normally, the USA would have done DST changeover the weekend after this upcoming one but some shrews wanted to move it up.
22nd March 2007 06:22 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Gazza, the clocks where I work are always set on GMT. Does UK have Daylight Savings Time? Normally, the USA would have done DST changeover the weekend after this upcoming one but some shrews wanted to move it up.

yes..but the clocks dont change over here until this weekend, so - for a couple of weeks only - ET in the US is only 4 hours behind GMT, instead of 5.
22nd March 2007 11:44 AM
polytoxic
quote:
glencar wrote:
Mick also did Philly in 1981 solo.

Oh yeah. It's just as far as being "keeper of the flame" of the Stones, it just seems that Mick is more concerned about keeping the Stones name out there, despite his solo ventures. I just contrast this to the late 80's/early 90's when Keith would hold the Stones flame close to his heart while Mick would rather talk about anything else. Now it seems that Keith has become aloof about the whole venture while Mick is out there promoting and pouring his heart into the performances. But then again, maybe there are far more cynical and petty explanations for the lack of a show of unity.
[Edited by polytoxic]
22nd March 2007 11:58 AM
FotiniD The player is on, Driving too fast is playing, I'm going bananas
23rd March 2007 01:00 AM
GotToRollMe To download the webcast:

Go here:

http://www.unique-media.tv/thestones/

and where it says

"VIDEO DOWNLOAD OPTIONS
Right-click and select "Save As..." to download the video files:
Windows Media - 256k"

...click on the speed (in this case 256k) and it will open up your Windows Media Player. In your media player, click "File" and then "Save as..."

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)