ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Mick first TV appearance
Click here for some more and visit Dhalgren (aka, Catherine) new website
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[
Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: My war rant Return to archive
03-23-03 04:50 AM
Prodigal Son I know it's a tired issue, but here's my take. I may be 17 but I've got some of my own informed opinions by now. So people are mad because this invasion involves breaking foreign laws? Like Saddam hasn't broken any by invading other countries, massacering his own people at times! What, do you expect everybody to abide by the rules and let this continue in Iraq? It's like if you had a bratty brother or sister who you know is getting away with some shit you'd never be able to pull off cause of your parents (sounds Ferris Bueller-like).

Eventually, pleading to your parents won't work and you can't get them to fess up, so you do something like spy and film them doing the said bad things or blackmail them. That breaks laws of the family, but laws are made to be bent, not broken. And that's what's going on here! US is bending rules to go in and free Iraq.

Sure they have interests but those are outweighed by the causes they're fighting for so basically that makes it a just cause. Who cares if they're secretly hoping for those oil reserves? As long as they put Saddam to justice and help Iraq recover the right way.
Stupid protesters.
Shameful crap up here in Canada with people booing the US anthem in Montreal at a hockey game (it took the team pleading for respect to get the left-wingers to shut up and get drowned out by the true Canadian opinions-support them!!!). Most I believe have good intentions to support the US but too many up here are protesting. Even burning the American flag outside of US embassies.

Honestly, how would these radical, unclean, tree-hugging morons feel if the Canadian flag was desecrated like that? The same idiots who protest American consumerism go to Starbuck's everyday to buy coffee and blab to their other friends and counterparts about it. They claim the US government is hypocritical? HA!

Anti-war putz: Hey! The US is wrong in taking all these innocent lives... Boycott McDonald's, boycott Microsoft, boycott this and that... Oh, can I get a French (Haha) dark roast vente please... Oh anyway, boycott Coke, boycott Pepsi....

Damn bleeding hearts. They somehow think the US has made the world worse off? Oh, would you rather be in a cold war with one half of the modern world? Would you rather be supressed under power of communists or Nazis or fascists or even just absolute rulers. Look, freedom of speech is great. But to bite the hand that feeds you is complete ignorance in a certain way.

Even Nelson Mandela has flipped his lid about how the US is a brutal regime that's responsible for the loss of countless lives. People buy into that bullshit? What people are overlooking is that the countries the US invades are the real tyrants responsible for millions of deaths. When have the Americans ever been directly responsible. Because there are crappy regimes in the middle East that pull this tyrant crap (which BTW is a weird conundrum if the US beats Iraq because some other countries need a real talking to) and the US supports them? But because they are the top dog, the US gets blamed for the atrocities.

Plus, people who doubt war is an answer need to look closer. This war is the only way to stop Saddam. Other wars like Vietnam and Korea were mere excersises in restricting communism.

Why do people also claim it's wrong because it's not UN-supported. Well, neither was Kosovo and people applauded the US for that! Why the change in opinions? Some protesters and anti-war critics are the real hypocrites here. No offense, I mean, you're entitled to opinions, but mine is that protesting this war is a lost cause. When you're the top power in the world, you have to flex your muscles to prove you can back that title up. And in provingly just wars of course.
The US doesn't want a disaster like Vietnam, mind you, but they have seen a few people killed over there so far so they're willing to do it. And the poor British have had a lot more killed too. Good for them to accept responsibility with their main allies, and everyone else's, the US of A. France is a bunch of anti-war critics just in government form.

What I don't get from these demonstrating dummies is how this is bad and can lead to worse disasters. Well, how is this middle Eastern situation with Saddam giving chemical weapons to terrorists gonna solve itself, huh? Diplomatically? They won't listen.

Peacekeeping? It won't make a difference. The longer the US waited to take action, the more the potential problem grew and it's the right time to crush the rising terrorist/tyrant crap. I guess we should just ask these people. Oh, so you're content to live in a world where the Iraqi country's leader is being an ass and helping the terrorist movement along? You'd rather not try at all and sit on the sidelines and let the problems escelate on their own.
P.S. War kills people, true. But just as many if not more were dying without it in Iraq anyway.
[Edited by Prodigal Son]

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST