ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Mick first TV appearance
Click here for some more and visit Dhalgren (aka, Catherine) new website
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[
Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Just for the Record Return to archive
03-19-03 02:21 PM
winter I know this is not what it was originally purported to be, but my question is - is it worth $35 and are there any interviews/footage of the stones or just interviews with other artists about the Stones,

thanks in advance,

wintah
03-19-03 03:05 PM
throbby I bought the set and have been able to watch the first two discs (60's and 70's). It is a five disc set. Each disc covers a decade and is about an hour long. The interviews so far have been with Mick Taylor, Bo Diddley, Anita Pallenberg, and the various recording engineers(two of them, Andy Johns and Eddie Kramer have interesting stories to tell), and other associates of the Stones. Billy Preston is interviewed on the 70's disc as is Ollie Brown. There are period interviews so far with Bill, Keith, Ron, and Mick. It goes back and forth between interviews and news/concert footage of the Stones. It has some interesting '75 footage of Mick and Billy doing the cockdance. I found the first two discs very interesting and worth the money. Very cool seeing concert clips I've never seen before. The only Stones music I've heard is very short instrumental pieces on some of the concert clips, don't think they were allowed to put any copyrighted music on the set. Hope this helps.
03-19-03 04:52 PM
winter thank you very much

I am going to grab it today

wintah
03-19-03 04:58 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
throbby wrote:
It has some interesting '75 footage of Mick and Billy doing the cockdance.

That could be worth the money alone, I think. It sucks that they can't use much of the music, but it does sound really interesting.
03-19-03 05:16 PM
woodywoodpecker Well I have it, and yeah the first 2 dvd's are really worth it. Some rare footage-Interviews mainly with the band in 75-76.

The only thing that bugs me is that no stones music is played throughout, which would have made the set "a must have" IMO

03-19-03 05:23 PM
exile I watched 70s 80s 90s and 00s
they tend to repeat ALOT in the last TWO 90s and 00 like its almost the same show.

the seventies one is the best I felt
and no stones music on it at all

If your expecting something like 25 x 5 you will be disapointed
but if you just love the stones and like seeing clips and interviews you have never seen before get it.

I liked it

HEY I got a surprise to see how Anita Pallenberg looked these days.
03-21-03 03:34 AM
Daethgod i reckon even she would be surprised at how she looks these days too...

ouch...

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST